Announcement

Collapse

Computer Lab Guidelines

Here in the computer lab, we talk about cool tech, the newest coolest gadgets, and tackle your toughest tech questions.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time. Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

End of Windows XP support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• End of Windows XP support

Microsoft is dropping support for Windows XP in two days. Do you still have XP, and if so, are you worried? I'm surprised over 25% of computers use Windows XP, but then again, there wasn't a good alternative until Windows 7 in 2009. I have Windows 8 at home, but about two-thirds of the computers at my school still use Windows XP or Windows Server 2003. Tuesday will be interesting.
    Find my speling strange? I'm trying this out: Simplified Speling. Feel free to join me.

"Nature has placed mankind under the governance of two sovereign masters, pain and pleasure. It is for them alone to point out what we ought to do, as well as to determine what we shall do."-Jeremy Bentham

"We question all our beliefs, except for the ones that we really believe in, and those we never think to question."-Orson Scott Card

I have stayed with XP on some of my computers for a long time, and I think it has been the most stable of the Windows OS's. I have been transitioning to Windows 7 Professional (in fact, just bought a computer Saturday with 7 Pro) and I like it just fine, so I'm good!

But thanks for asking!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I've been using 7 for years and haven't had much trouble with it. M$ should really take their time with future Windows versions though. And stop trying to rip off Apple's hipster garbage interface.
      "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment