PDA

View Full Version : What Is the Best City In the World. . .

The Unknown Comic
10-18-2017, 07:45 PM
. . . and why is it Sand Springs, Oklahoma?

KingsGambit
10-18-2017, 08:24 PM
Batman, Turkey.

The Melody Maker
10-18-2017, 08:28 PM
One day the best city will be New Jerusalem. :smile:

The Unknown Comic
10-18-2017, 08:45 PM
One day the best city will be New Jerusalem. :smile:

Can't argue with that.

One Bad Pig
10-18-2017, 08:48 PM
What's shakin'?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfDm_2vXaiM

rogue06
10-18-2017, 08:54 PM
. . . and why is it Sand Springs, Oklahoma?
You seem determined to rile the Texas contingent of Tweb :hehe:

They're probably organizing a necktie party for you right now.

Word of advice. If a certain prodder of bovines is involved, demand a yellow rope. Trust me. You'll thank me later.

The Unknown Comic
10-18-2017, 09:05 PM

Word of advice. If a certain prodder of bovines is involved, demand a yellow rope. Trust me. You'll thank me later.

Texas? You mean that team our beloved Sooners beat at football just last weekend?

The Unknown Comic
10-18-2017, 09:10 PM
What's shakin'?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfDm_2vXaiM

The bacon is shaken.

rogue06
10-18-2017, 09:46 PM
The bacon is shaken.
You have officially won the thread by being the first to mention bacon in accordance with Jed's Law :bow:

Cow Poke
10-19-2017, 01:12 AM

I gots me some new sunglasses. Oddly enough, they make yellow look white. I think. Not so good with colors, ya know.

git a rope

Sparko
10-19-2017, 05:00 AM
Batman, Turkey.

I have to agree with KingsGambit.

shunyadragon
10-20-2017, 07:37 AM

. . . or annex Sand Springs, Oklahoma. Odd choice. Who made the selection? I am familiar with it and it is a rather bland Oklahomian little city.

I believe Melbourne Australia tops the list;

Melbourne has once again been named as the world’s most ‘liveable’ city for the seventh year in a row.

After ranking 140 destinations each year on healthcare, education, stability, culture, environment and infrastructure, the Economist Intelligence Unit’s (EUI) Liveability Index has revealed the best and worst places to live in the world.

Famed for its trendy cafes, bars and laneways, Melbourne stole the top spot once again with a near-perfect rating of 97.5 out of 100.

Closely followed by Vienna with a score of 97.4, Vancouver (97.3), Toronto (07.2) and Calgary (96.6) made up the top five.

The top 10 remained identical to last year’s line-up with Adelaide, Perth, Auckland, Helsinki and Hamburg following behind.

While cities like Amsterdam, Reykjavik, Budapest and Singapore saw a boost in the rankings, the 2017 report said that the on-going threat of terrorism around the world had an effect on several scores.

I vote for Vancouver.

The Unknown Comic
10-20-2017, 07:41 PM
. . . or annex Sand Springs, Oklahoma. Odd choice. Who made the selection? I am familiar with it and it is a rather bland Oklahomian little city.

I believe Melbourne Australia tops the list;

Melbourne has once again been named as the world’s most ‘liveable’ city for the seventh year in a row.

After ranking 140 destinations each year on healthcare, education, stability, culture, environment and infrastructure, the Economist Intelligence Unit’s (EUI) Liveability Index has revealed the best and worst places to live in the world.

Famed for its trendy cafes, bars and laneways, Melbourne stole the top spot once again with a near-perfect rating of 97.5 out of 100.

Closely followed by Vienna with a score of 97.4, Vancouver (97.3), Toronto (07.2) and Calgary (96.6) made up the top five.

The top 10 remained identical to last year’s line-up with Adelaide, Perth, Auckland, Helsinki and Hamburg following behind.

While cities like Amsterdam, Reykjavik, Budapest and Singapore saw a boost in the rankings, the 2017 report said that the on-going threat of terrorism around the world had an effect on several scores.

I vote for Vancouver.

Maybe I should have qualified as, "best city in the world that I happen to live in." :teeth:

I do love my town, though.

rogue06
10-20-2017, 07:52 PM
Maybe I should have qualified as, "best city in the world that I happen to live in." :teeth:

I do love my town, though.
Well if you moved...

The Unknown Comic
10-20-2017, 10:38 PM
Well if you moved...

I'd likely want to move back fairly quickly, unless Point B was in Colorado near the Rockies and within walking distance of a comfortable Irish pub. :ale:

Rushing Jaws
06-01-2018, 06:19 PM
Edinburgh, “The Athens of the North”, is best city.