PDA

View Full Version : Age of Jesus Christís Purported Tomb Revealed

shunyadragon
11-29-2017, 05:58 AM
Exclusive: Age of Jesus Christís Purported Tomb Revealed

Construction materials date to Roman times, suggesting the original holy site's legacy has survived despite its destruction 1,000 years ago.

Over the centuries, Jerusalemís Church of the Holy Sepulchre has suffered violent attacks, fires, and earthquakes. It was totally destroyed in 1009 and subsequently rebuilt, leading modern scholars to question whether it could possibly be the site identified as the burial place of Christ by a delegation sent from Rome some 17 centuries ago.

Now the results of scientific tests provided to National Geographic appear to confirm that the remains of a limestone cave enshrined within the church are remnants of the tomb located by the ancient Romans.

Mortar sampled from between the original limestone surface of the tomb and a marble slab that covers it has been dated to around A.D. 345. According to historical accounts, the tomb was discovered by the Romans and enshrined around 326.

Sparko
11-29-2017, 08:18 AM
Interesting. But of course Jesus ain't there.

But I guess it supports the history as being accurate as to when they found and enshrined the tomb.

One Bad Pig
11-29-2017, 10:45 AM
Interesting. But of course Jesus ain't there.

But I guess it supports the history as being accurate as to when they found and enshrined the tomb.
Their findings are consistent with the recorded history of the site, back to the first century. Of course Jesus's body isn't there - but the evidence is consistent with where his body was said to have been laid. If nothing else, the site is historically significant.

Sparko
11-29-2017, 10:46 AM
Their findings are consistent with the recorded history of the site, back to the first century. Of course Jesus's body isn't there - but the evidence is consistent with where his body was said to have been laid. If nothing else, the site is historically significant.Isn't that what I just said?

One Bad Pig
11-29-2017, 10:52 AM
Isn't that what I just said?
Yes and no. Your tone was significantly different.

Sparko
11-29-2017, 11:04 AM
Yes and no. Your tone was significantly different.My tone was in the key of G.

One Bad Pig
11-29-2017, 11:14 AM
My tone was in the key of G.
:no: More like the key of D.

Sparko
11-29-2017, 11:45 AM
:no: More like the key of D.Actually the key of RRRRRR

tabibito
12-03-2017, 07:37 AM
:no: More like the key of D.

D flat. :grin: