PDA

View Full Version : Name from the Past

Thoughtful Monk
04-14-2014, 03:51 PM
Over a year ago, I stopped going to a weekly Bible Study that I had attended for years.

Last night one of the members called to see if I was interested in returning. It was going ok until he mentioned that the group was going to stop being a Bible study and instead was going to study The Shack. :stunned:

Having read and done one study on the book, I really don't want to waste my time on a second study.

Not sure why I'm posting this...just venting I guess. Moving on...

The Remonstrant
04-14-2014, 04:16 PM
Over a year ago, I stopped going to a weekly Bible Study that I had attended for years.

Last night one of the members called to see if I was interested in returning. It was going ok until he mentioned that the group was going to stop being a Bible study and instead was going to study The Shack. :stunned:

:eww:

Having read and done one study on the book, I really don't want to waste my time on a second study.

Not sure why I'm posting this...just venting I guess. Moving on... [Emphasis added.]

:thumb:

RBerman
04-14-2014, 04:17 PM
Over a year ago, I stopped going to a weekly Bible Study that I had attended for years. Last night one of the members called to see if I was interested in returning. It was going ok until he mentioned that the group was going to stop being a Bible study and instead was going to study The Shack. :stunned:

See what happened when you left? It's all your fault!!!!

Thoughtful Monk
04-14-2014, 04:24 PM
See what happened when you left? It's all your fault!!!!

A. I know you're joking.
B. The signs were out there that this was the direction the group was heading.

The Remonstrant
04-14-2014, 04:26 PM
A. I know you're joking.
B. The signs were out there that this was the direction the group was heading.

Everyone is going apostate.

foudroyant
04-14-2014, 07:12 PM
Are you going to explain to them why you will not go?

One Bad Pig
04-14-2014, 07:39 PM
I'm glad I didn't pay for a copy of The Shack to read it, but I'd still like my time back. :eww: Unaccountably, my father (otherwise a quite conservative Christian) liked it. :sigh:

Thoughtful Monk
04-15-2014, 03:44 PM
Everyone is going apostate.

Jesus speaking: "However, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth? - Luke 18:8b.

For a long time, I thought Jesus was asking a rhetorical question in this verse. Now I'm beginning to think that answer to His question is 'No'.

Thoughtful Monk
04-15-2014, 03:45 PM
Are you going to explain to them why you will not go?

I'm not sure. Considering the lack of response to my explanation of why I stopped going originally, I don't think its worth the effort.