Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional 01/20/2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional 01/20/2014

A Glory Seed Devotional
    From Ordinary to Superhero…

The other day I was a witness to a superhero in action. He did not have a cape. There was no utility belt. He wore no super hero costume. The world never stood up and took notice in fact I might have been the only one who did take notice. As I sat and watched him walk by me I immediately knew I was in the presence of greatness. There was no bank robbery in progress. There were no lives at stake. The balance of world powers did not hang in the balance.

If you are wondering where I was to witness such a life changing event as I did it was at the most unlikely place you’d expect to encounter a superhero – a Laundromat. The superhero like me was in the Laundromat washing clothes but it wasn’t the washing of cloths that made this ordinary person into a superhero. It is not necessarily what one does that makes them a superhero it who they are. I am not sure how old this super hero was but I suspect they were in their upper 70’s or maybe even their 80’s. I Noticed him when I first walked in but it wasn’t until he walked me by did I realize his superhero status. It was the slow and noticeable painful walk with the use of a walker that did it.

Perhaps you have drawn the conclusion that the superhero I witnessed was not really a superhero but I would suggest to you that anyone who goes about doing what they do in spite of the roadblocks life puts in their path is a superhero. Also in the category of superhero are those who do not have a capital S on their chest but instead have Jesus in their heart! I don’t know if the Laundromat superhero had Jesus in his heart or not but I do know others who do have and they do what others think is impossible. One such superhero (at least in my mind) is my good friend Chuck and brother in Christ if you want a description of him re-read the first paragraph.

However, the good news gets even better! There’s a real good chance you’re a superhero as well. I may have never met you but I suspect at some point in your life you’ve done some things you thought were impossible for you. At some point in your life you’ve wanted to quit but you didn’t you kept “putting one foot in front of the other” eventually you walked out of the darkness of hopelessness and into the light Jesus. You may not have an S on your chest but you have Jesus in your heart and when you have Jesus in your heart the Holy Spirit transforms you into a superhero. The Apostle Paul (another superhero) wrote about what superheroes like you do (sometimes everyday), “For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength…” (Philippians 4:13–14, NLT)

Grace and PEACE!
    Believe it! Experience it!
    Gary

“He will not crush the weakest reed or put out a flickering candle. He will bring justice to all who have been wronged.” (Isaiah 42:3, NLT)

Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you’d like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

“Scripture quotations are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Wheaton, Illinois 60189. All rights reserved.”
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X