Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

The EXPELLED persecution that "never happens"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The EXPELLED persecution that "never happens"

For many years I've written here about the "EXPELLED" issue -- the persecution of anyone that doesn't subscribe to the Darwinian ideology. It's as real and serious as a heart attack but, of course and as expected, the Darwin Faithful will deny it with every breath. Hey, they're not stupid enough to confess to these crimes, right?

One of the latest victims is Dr. Jerry Bergman. Bergman has long been exposing the flaws and lies of Darwinism. I had the pleasure of once contributing to his work.

The entire case and actions against Bergman were detailed in a monograph now available at Amazon:

The Lynching of a Darwin Skeptic: A Case of Political Correctness Run Amok Paperback – February 27, 2018
    by Kevin H Wirth (Editor)

"This monograph details the firing of award-winning Professor Jerry Bergman from his position as a fully tenured professor from a college in Ohio. His dismissal appears to have been conducted without observing the clear process for firing defined not only by the college he was employed by but also in the Ohio statutes."

Unless you're on the lookout for these things you will never hear of them because of the FAKE NEWS corrupt, lying, selective-omission, "politically-correct" environment that we are living under. Essentially we are living in a system not unlike the old KGB-Russia, Nazi Germany or Mao-China. And it's getting worse - much worse. I had predicted that it would get much worse based on a simple principle that I use in many areas - if corruption is not terminally weeded out then fully expect it to expand and strengthen. Voila! - there you have it!

Jorge

Originally posted by Jorge View Post
    For many years I've written here about the "EXPELLED" issue -- the persecution of anyone that doesn't subscribe to the Darwinian ideology. It's as real and serious as a heart attack but, of course and as expected, the Darwin Faithful will deny it with every breath. Hey, they're not stupid enough to confess to these crimes, right?

One of the latest victims is Dr. Jerry Bergman. Bergman has long been exposing the flaws and lies of Darwinism. I had the pleasure of once contributing to his work.

The entire case and actions against Bergman were detailed in a monograph now available at Amazon:

The Lynching of a Darwin Skeptic: A Case of Political Correctness Run Amok Paperback – February 27, 2018
    by Kevin H Wirth (Editor)

"This monograph details the firing of award-winning Professor Jerry Bergman from his position as a fully tenured professor from a college in Ohio. His dismissal appears to have been conducted without observing the clear process for firing defined not only by the college he was employed by but also in the Ohio statutes."

Unless you're on the lookout for these things you will never hear of them because of the FAKE NEWS corrupt, lying, selective-omission, "politically-correct" environment that we are living under. Essentially we are living in a system not unlike the old KGB-Russia, Nazi Germany or Mao-China. And it's getting worse - much worse. I had predicted that it would get much worse based on a simple principle that I use in many areas - if corruption is not terminally weeded out then fully expect it to expand and strengthen. Voila! - there you have it!

Jorge
    Still don't believe it? Try this :

Censoring the Darwin Skeptics: How Belief in Evolution Is Enforced by Eliminating Dissidents
    Paperback – May 17, 2018
    by Jerry Bergman (Author), Kevin H Wirth (Editor, Cover Design)

"This is the third volume of a trilogy that has been more than a decade in the making. The trilogy documents over 100 cases of discrimination handed out to individuals (60 of whom were PhDs) who dared to challenge Darwinian concepts within many venues of science and academia. For those who think this type of discrimination is minor or inconsequential, you should examine this work. This type of discrimination is not rare by any means in America, but has been constantly on the rise for decades. It represents nothing less than the brutal violation of freedom of speech, thought, and religious freedom for those who are qualified to practice in their field. Over and over again the clear pattern emerges from the pages of this trilogy - you are at high risk of career termination if you dare question much less oppose evolutionary concepts. Other books in this trilogy include Slaughter of the Dissidents (Volume I) and Silencing the Darwin Skeptics (Volume II)."

It's 566 pages with thousands of references including names, dates, etc ... so you can verify the accuracy of what's being stated. NO reason for doubt here - except, of course, for the Evo-Faithful since no amount of hard evidence can conquer their blind, rabid faith.

As I've stated, this is real and serious. It is covered-up because, just as in any criminal dictatorship like Nazi Germany, the truth must not be shown to the public. Imagine, for example, if everyone in Germany knew for a fact that human beings were being exterminated daily by the tens of thousands. Of course, some people knew - those that were in agreement with the "Final Solution" methods. Just as many Darwinists and Materialists know full well what's is going on but they too are in full agreement with this "Final Solution". Evil personified and manifested.

Jorge

Comment

"This monograph details the firing of award-winning Professor Jerry Bergman from his position as a fully tenured professor from a college in Ohio. His dismissal appears to have been conducted without observing the clear process for firing defined not only by the college he was employed by but also in the Ohio statutes

Whiny YEC Bergman again?

Bergman's "persecution"

He considers himself one of the victims of persecution by "Darwinists", after he was denied tenure and dismissed from Bowling Green State University in 1978 “solely because of my beliefs and publications in the area of creationism”. He attempted, unsuccessfully, to take the university to court over religious discrimination. (It should be added that, in a signed letter published in David Duke's National Association of White People newsletter, he stated that “reverse racial discrimination was clearly part of the decision,” so even according to himself it cannot have been solely because of his religious beliefs.) According to the courts, however, Bergman was terminated because of ethics, namely that he claimed to have credentials in psychology when, in fact, he “had no psychological credentials.”
      Here's the Court's ruling.

Gerald R. Bergman v. Bowling Green State University:

1. There was evidence that plaintiff received informal information concerning the evaluation of his performance by the tenured faculty of his department and if there was a failure to provide formal written annual evaluations it did not warrant reversal of the judgment of the faculty.

2. There was no evidence that plaintiff's academic freedom had been infringed.

3. Concerns expressed by faculty peers about the quality of plaintiff's teaching and scholarship were real concerns based on appropriate evidence.

4. There was no evidence that plaintiff's religious views or affiliations influenced the overall judgment of the tenured faculty.

In light of the numerous witnesses who testified to legitimate concerns about plaintiff, and in light of the faculty members' denials that religion played a part in their decisions, we hold that the district court's finding of no religious discrimination is not clearly erroneous.

Accordingly, we AFFIRM the judgment of the district court.

Comment

One of the latest victims is Dr. Jerry Bergman.
        "Latest victims"?

Doesn't know that Bergman was fired from Bowling Green nearly 40 years ago?
        Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
        MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
          "Latest victims"?

Doesn't know that Bergman was fired from Bowling Green nearly 40 years ago?
          That's 2/3 of a percent of the age of the earth!
          "Any sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from trolling."

Comment

*SIGH*

Here we go yet again.

When I posted how when given half a chance YECs engage in the behavior that you, full of righteous indignation, condemn ("expelling" those who disagree) like the hypocrite that you are, you agreed with their actions saying those who didn't like it should just go elsewhere.

So let's go over this again:

Let's start with the case of Steve DeGeorge and Stephen Barnett at Bryan College in Dayton, Tennessee[1], who had conformed to their guidelines (i.e., they are indeed creationists) but then the declaration of faith was altered (in spite of it explicitly stating that it "shall never be changed or amended, but shall constitute the religious position and belief of the institution as long as it shall endure") and as a result the two tenured professors were terminated resulting in nearly a full quarter of the faculty quitting and a letter of protest was signed by 700 of the nearly 1250 students (including the student body president) there.

There has been an outbreak of similar cases in recent years. In 2012 Cedarville University near Dayton Ohio[2] dismissed Michael Pahl, widely viewed as an outstanding scholar, who wrote a book ("The Beginning and The End: Rereading Genesis’s Stories and Revelation’s Visions") that administrators viewed as contrary to creationist views in spite of the fact that he fully agrees with the literal six-day creation view and a historical Adam and Eve (and two of Dr. Pahl's colleagues in the Bible department used the book in question as a required text in their own classes). The school even stated that "Dr. Pahl’s orthodoxy and commitment to the gospel are not in question, nor is his commitment to Scripture’s inspiration, authority and infallibility."

Yet he was still relieved of his teaching duties and CU refuses to disclose exactly what Pahl wrote that got him fired. Some YECs have stated it was because his statement that "the biblical creation stories in Genesis 1-2 is not to answer modern questions about exactly when or precisely how all things came about" are the cause. So it appears that YECs are beginning to eat their own if they suspect they aren't pure enough.

In 2011 Calvin College experienced similar debate when its board of trustees investigated tenured professors of religion Daniel Harlow and John Schneider after they published controversial articles that questioned the existence of a historical Adam despite the fact that their deans and provost had approved plans to publish their work.

And we can go further. Like what happened to Bruce Waltke, a preeminent Old Testament scholar, who in 2010 was pressured into resigning his professorship at the Reformed Theological Seminary because he had the temerity to say that he thought that evolution and Christianity were compatible.

Or to Richard Colling at Olivet Nazarene University in Illinois, who wrote a Theistic Evolutionist (TE) book after which he was summarily prohibited from teaching the general biology class, a version of which he had taught for 16 years[3]

Or to Nancey Murphy, an ordained minister in the Church of the Brethren and a Professor of Christian Philosophy at the Fuller Theological Seminary in Pasadena, California, where the "Father of Intelligent Design" Phillip Johnson is a trustee and appears to be trying to get her fired for daring to criticize his book "Darwin on Trial"?[4]

Or even to prominent ID proponent William Dembski at the Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary when he wrote that a Christian can reconcile an old Earth creationist view with a literal reading of Adam and Eve and that Noah's Flood was likely a local event rather than global in nature[5]

Actually none of this is anything new, whenever they get into power YECs have been purging or "Expelling" those who don't agree with them for years (they've just increased the pace).

Back in 1973 John C. Whitcomb (co-author with Henry Morris of "The Genesis Flood") had Dan E. Wonderly, a conservative OEC removed from his position as a teacher at Grace College (where Whitcomb exercised a great deal of influence) for having the temerity to disagree with the YEC position concerning Noah's Flood specifically regarding "Flood Geology."

And how the Geoscience Research Institute (a Seventh-Day Adventist creationist think tank) fired the geologists on staff when they concluded that flood geology was a farce (“desperately weak and improbable,” according to one with actual geological training).

And it hasn't just been teachers/professors

A few years ago the Director of Science in the curriculum division of the Texas Education Agency (TEA) for nine years, Christine Comer, was "Expelled" by YECs when they gained control.

Lizzette Reynolds demanded that Comer be fired because she had forwarded an email announcing a lecture being given by Barbara Forrest (who served as an expert witness in the Kitzmiller v. Dover trial and is an author of an unflattering book on the Intelligent Design movement) adding "FYI" to it. Reynolds called the email "highly inappropriate" and "an offense that calls for termination or, at the very least, reassignment of responsibilities." Shortly after sending the email, Comer was placed on administrative leave. Monica Martinez, another YEC official cited the email in a memo recommending her termination.

Many believe her firing is actually in retaliation for the role Comer played in 2003 in blocking an effort to purchase biology textbooks that supported intelligent design and that creationists wanted her removed prior to the next vote on the textbooks.

1. Named after anti-evolution crusader William Jennings Bryan, the prosecutor of the Scopes Trial of 1925 and long a hot bed for creationist thought

2. Note that this is the same "institute of higher learning" that cut the staff of their philosophy department and eliminated philosophy and physics majors after a philosophy faculty member wrote an op-ed for the campus newspaper on “Why I am Not Voting for Romney.”

3. The university’s president John Bowling also banned professors from assigning his book claiming that he banned it in order to "get the bull's-eye off Colling and let the storm die down." Yeah, he did it for his own good.

4. Johnson readily admits that he called another trustee to discuss her but denies any responsibility for actions taken against her (purely coincidental I'm sure). Murphy isn't buying it. In an article in the “Washington Post” she said, "His tactic has always been to fight dirty when anyone attacks his ideas. For a long time afterward, I would tell reporters I don't want to comment, and I don't want you to say I don't want to comment. I'm tired of being careful."

5. Dembski was forced to recant after Southwestern Seminary president Paige Patterson (a YEC) informed him that he was facing dismissal.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Jorge's disingenuousness is as real and serious as a heart attack but, of course and as expected, Jorge will deny it with every breath. Hey, he's not stupid enough to confess to these crimes, right?
              "When the Western world accepted Christianity, Caesar conquered; and the received text of Western theology was edited by his lawyers…. The brief Galilean vision of humility flickered throughout the ages, uncertainly…. But the deeper idolatry, of the fashioning of God in the image of the Egyptian, Persian, and Roman imperial rulers, was retained. The Church gave unto God the attributes which belonged exclusively to Caesar."

— Alfred North Whitehead

Comment

Originally posted by HMS_Beagle View Post
                Whiny YEC Bergman again?

Here's the Court's ruling.
                I had written,

"NO reason for doubt here - except, of course, for the Evo-Faithful since no amount of hard evidence can conquer their blind, rabid faith."

Enter Beagle Boy.

Your Honor, I rest my case.

Jorge

Comment

Originally posted by Duragizer View Post
                  Jorge's disingenuousness is as real and serious as a heart attack but, of course and as expected, Jorge will deny it with every breath. Hey, he's not stupid enough to confess to these crimes, right?
                  What are you "on", Duragizer? Stay away from spotted mushrooms.

Jorge

Comment

What are you "on", Duragizer? Stay away from spotted mushrooms.

Jorge
                    Speaking from experience?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment