Announcement

Collapse

Animal Husbandry 101 Guidelines

Greetings Animal Lovers!

Welcome to Animal Husbandry 101, this is the place for all things animal.

Did you get a new pet? Tell us about it.Do you have a question about pet care? Ask it here. Are you thinking about getting a pet? Let us know.

There are a great many animal lovers at Tweb anxious to hear about and join in the fun.

In addition to the regular set of rules called the DECORUM, others rules will be enforced here as well.

1) Please keep all pets on a leash.
2) Please clean up after those pets that aren't quite paper trained.
3) Gerbils are not good pets. It's a long story

Thank you and let the games begin.
See more
See less

This BEE a real problem...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This BEE a real problem...

Semi Carrying Millions Of Bees Overturns On East Texas Highway

bees.jpg

LAMAR COUNTY (CBSDFW.COM) – A semi-trailer truck carrying a reported 15-30 million honey bees overturned on an east Texas highway on Memorial Day.

It happened on southeast Loop 286 near the Old Clarksville Road intersection in Paris.

One witness said as her truck approached the scene, hundreds of bees buzzed around the vehicle.

“It wasn’t enough to block out the sun, but we could tell it wasn’t normal. That’s when we saw the semi on its side and the beekeepers,” she described.

Multiple agencies came out to help redirect traffic from the area and clear the road of the bee boxes that fell from the truck.

Local bee keepers were called in to help move the bees to a safer location and try to redirect the bees back into their hives, according to KXII-TV. They plan to move a queen in to try to attract more bees back to the hive for removal.

Police officers in the area told CBS19-TV they don’t recall ever seeing an accident like this, and fortunately, several of their first responders who were stung are all alright.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

The article seems confused. Did this happen in Texas or in Paris?

Maybe the driver took a wrong turn somewhere

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
      The article seems confused. Did this happen in Texas or in Paris?
      Yes

Maybe the driver took a wrong turn somewhere
      We go through Paris, Texas on our way to Ohio (when we drive). YEARS ago, a tornado ripped through Paris, and tore the roof off a local church. I went along with a bunch of other pastors and church members to help rebuild the church.

The construction foreman and I got along great, and he told me, "Hey, I want you to meet a local celebrity". I looked around, and he said, "Bathtub boy, come on over!"

"Bathtub boy" was hunkered down in the bathtub in his house as the tornado ripped his house apart, and it literally lifted the bathtub - with him in it - high into the air for several minutes, then set it down gently in a field about a thousand yards from the house - 'bathtub boy' was unhurt. He pointed to the spot near the Church where the bathtub still sat next to a big oak tree.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Praise God

Comment

Oh, honey, that's going to be a hive of activity to get those bees corralled!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

From the headline, I thought you were talking about Samantha.

Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

What a sticky situation.

Comment

They need Jedidiah to help in Paris

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                  They need Jedidiah to help in Paris
                  I wish I could be there to help out. As it is I can't even spend any real time out of doors.
                  Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28048[/ATTACH]

. . . Police officers in the area told CBS19-TV they don’t recall ever seeing an accident like this, and fortunately, several of their first responders who were stung are all alright.
                    Every few years this happens. There are literally thousands of such truck loads on the highways. Once in a while a truck overturns. Every few years one of the overturning trucks happens to be carrying bees and thus . . .
                    Last edited by Jedidiah; 06-01-2018, 05:12 PM.
                    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28048[/ATTACH]

[box]Local bee keepers were called in to help move the bees to a safer location and try to redirect the bees back into their hives, according to KXII-TV. They plan to move a queen in to try to attract more bees back to the hive for removal.
                      I heard that they couldn't get the queen, so they settled for Prince Charles instead.
                      bee.jpgbee-chales-1_783543i.jpg
                      Last edited by Faber; 06-01-2018, 08:16 PM.
                      When I Survey....

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                        Every few years this happens. There are literally thousands of such truck loads on the highways. Once in a while a truck overturns. Every few years one of the overturning trucks happens to be carrying bees and thus . . .
                        Who knew!

Comment

This sounds like a roadrunner skit.
                          sigpic

Comment

Who knew!
                            During the spring a huge percentage of commercial pollinators, around 85%, haul their bees to the west coast for almond pollination. In a way it is surprising that these things do not happen more often.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                              During the spring a huge percentage of commercial pollinators, around 85%, haul their bees to the west coast for almond pollination. In a way it is surprising that these things do not happen more often.

These are the migrant workers who don't make it in the news so much.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X