Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Hillary's Foreign Policy Successes....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hillary's Foreign Policy Successes....

Many assume that Hillary will be the heir apparent to the Democratic Nomination for President.

Since her last "big event" on her resume was Secretary of State, I thought it would be good to list Hillary's Foreign Policy Accomplishments, on which she could base her "I'm qualified to be President" claim.

You start!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Many assume that Hillary will be the heir apparent to the Democratic Nomination for President.

Since her last "big event" on her resume was Secretary of State, I thought it would be good to list Hillary's Foreign Policy Accomplishments, on which she could base her "I'm qualified to be President" claim.

You start!
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

In searching the Internetzweb for such accomplishments, I found THIS from a very pro-Hillary article:

Source: US News Opinion - Leslie Marshall

Hillary Clinton's Accomplishments Speak for Themselves
      As our secretary of state, Clinton visited 112 countries, helping to repair a badly damaged U.S. reputation.

© Copyright Original Source

Which countries have a better view of us?

Source: cont'd

She advocated an expanded role in global economic issues for the State Department and cited the need for an increased U.S. diplomatic presence, especially in Iraq, where the Defense Department had conducted diplomatic missions. Clinton unveiled the Global Hunger and Food Security program, prevailed over Vice President Biden to send an additional 21,000 troops to Afghanistan, saved the signing of a Turkish-Armenian accord, and assisted the president with major decisions as to the U.S. position with regard to the revolution in Egypt and the decision to use military force in Libya.

And how are things going in Egypt, Libya and Syria today?
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Is Hillary Clinton qualified to be president? Yes. Clearly she has more political credentials and all the experience one would need. I thought of registering democrat back in the primaries of 2005 just so that I could elect for her and not Obama. I would have rather had another Clinton at that point. And she's probably still MORE qualified than anyone else out there as far as impressive resume's go. But qualifications do not an excellent president make. Condoleeza Rice, and Colin Powell are certainly in the rankings as far as highly qualified individuals and maybe even a few less impressive offices held, but would make better presidents, IMO.
        A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
        George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Catholicity View Post
          Is Hillary Clinton qualified to be president? Yes. Clearly she has more political credentials and all the experience one would need. I thought of registering democrat back in the primaries of 2005 just so that I could elect for her and not Obama. I would have rather had another Clinton at that point. And she's probably still MORE qualified than anyone else out there as far as impressive resume's go. But qualifications do not an excellent president make. Condoleeza Rice, and Colin Powell are certainly in the rankings as far as highly qualified individuals and maybe even a few less impressive offices held, but would make better presidents, IMO.
          So, how bout the list of foreign policy successes?

Comment

That's asking for a lot isn't it? Kind of like trying to find a lawyer in heaven?
            A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
            George Bernard Shaw

Comment

You mean like Benghazi?

Oh you said "successes"

I got nothing.

Comment

Is Hillary Clinton qualified to be president? Yes.
                NO!! Cow Poke for Prez! His morals are way out there. Far better than experience.
                The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

You start!
                  Um... Well... How about... no. Uh... There was the incident concerning the Chinese civil rights activist Chen Guangcheng which she (or at least her office) acted competently. But that's hardly the stuff you put on the top of your résumé when seeking elected office.

Then there is the work she put into saving the signing of a Turkish-Armenian accord back in 2009. But that accord has led nowhere and is at best symbolic and again hardly something someone could run on.

To be fair she was largely undercut by Obama, especially during the first few years as Secretary of State, who preferred to rely on special envoys for anything important and employ Hillary as more of a figurehead. But again that is hardly something one would want to highlight as a reason to vote for them.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

That's asking for a lot isn't it? Kind of like trying to find a lawyer in heaven?
                    OK, so that was her last big "government" job. You were really impressed with her resume, no? On her "most recent job", what were her major accomplishments?

Comment

Originally posted by Truthseeker View Post
                      NO!! Cow Poke for Prez! His morals are way out there. Far better than experience.
                      If that really counted for anything, we'd currently have a Mormon for Prez.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        Um... Well... How about... no. Uh... There was the incident concerning the Chinese civil rights activist Chen Guangcheng which she (or at least her office) acted competently. But that's hardly the stuff you put on the top of your résumé when seeking elected office.
                        Source: Politico.com

Near the end of her tenure, I traveled with Clinton to China in the midst of what turned out to be a frenetic several days of negotiations over the fate of Chinese dissident Chen Guangcheng, who had taken refuge at the U.S. Embassy in Beijing at exactly the moment Clinton was arriving for a summit. In the end, Clinton walked away with a deal that allowed Chen to fly to the United States a few weeks later. It was, I wrote at the time, “the most intense high-stakes diplomacy of her tenure as secretary of state.”

Then there is the work she put into saving the signing of a Turkish-Armenian accord back in 2009. But that accord has led nowhere and is at best symbolic and again hardly something someone could run on.

To be fair she was largely undercut by Obama, especially during the first few years as Secretary of State, who preferred to rely on special envoys for anything important and employ Hillary as more of a figurehead. But again that is hardly something one would want to highlight as a reason to vote for them.
                        Source: Same Article

Here’s Aaron David Miller, who negotiated Middle East peace for five presidents and is now a scholar at the Wilson Center, making the case for cautious Clinton: “Hillary was risk-averse; Kerry isn’t. He’s risk-ready.” Of course, Miller argues, 2016 politics “explains partly why she didn’t own a single issue of consequence.” The other reason is President Obama himself, “the most controlling foreign policy president since Nixon.”

Comment

When's the last time a former Secretary of State was elected president? Just wondering.
                          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                          sigpic
                          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                            When's the last time a former Secretary of State was elected president? Just wondering.
                            You'd have to go back to James Buchanan in the 1860's.

Comment

You'd have to go back to James Buchanan in the 1860's.
                              Interesting. It used to be quite the stepping-stone to the top office.
                              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                              sigpic
                              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment