PDA

View Full Version : NY governor: Pro-lifers not welcome in the state

KingsGambit
01-20-2014, 04:16 PM
But don't take my word for it; here's the snippet of his comment right here.

http://blog.timesunion.com/capitol/archives/203801/cuomo-extreme-conservatives-have-no-place-in-the-state-of-new-york/

JardinPrayer
01-20-2014, 04:35 PM
We left New York (where my husband I were born and raised) in 2005 and haven't regretted it. This is downright embarrassing.

Darth Executor
01-20-2014, 05:00 PM
Meanwhile conservatives are busy trying to build a bigger tent largely comprised of people who hate them and everything they stand for. If only WE had some Cuomos.

Zymologist
01-20-2014, 05:28 PM
He has since insisted that that wasn't what he meant. He claims that he was referring instead to "extreme" candidates, not "extreme" citizens. Not sure how convincing that's supposed to sound....

Teallaura
01-20-2014, 05:37 PM
It's the equivalent of jumping up off the sidewalk and telling everyone you meant to do that but you didn't mean to plant your face...

KingsGambit
01-20-2014, 05:39 PM
Meanwhile conservatives are busy trying to build a bigger tent largely comprised of people who hate them and everything they stand for. If only WE had some Cuomos.

Yep, "big tent" usually means "punt on the social issues" as far as I can tell. But at least they are upfront about it.

rogue06
01-21-2014, 11:32 AM
Cuomo is demonstrating what many liberals mean by tolerance.

Darth Executor
01-21-2014, 12:30 PM
Cuomo is demonstrating what many liberals mean by tolerance.

"Go forth and do likewise."

rogue06
02-03-2014, 05:45 AM
The new mayor of NYC, Bill de Blasio, announced that he agrees with Cuomo’s comments “100 percent.” No surprise there. Three years ago when a Pro-Life group displayed a bill board that depicted a young black girl with the inscription, “The most dangerous place for an African American is in the womb” caused de Blasio to demand that it be removed declaring that, “The billboard simply doesn't belong in our city. The ad violates the values of New Yorkers.”

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb250/cap_franklin/Decorated%20images/abortSohoBillboard.jpg

The billboard was removed by the company that owned it after some of those who opposed it threatened workers in the building located next to the billboard.

It was put up in response to a report released the previous month by the New York City Department of Health that revealed 41% of all pregnancies were terminated in the city in 2009 -- with 60% of those involving African-American women (other statics show that while comprising 13% of the American population African-Americans account for 36.4% of abortions in the country). Further, the three Planned Parenthood facilities nearest the billboard poster reported in the previous year that they had conducted nearly 17,000 abortions.

KingsGambit
02-03-2014, 08:28 AM
Can we get Tim Keller to run next time?

Just Some Dude
02-03-2014, 06:57 PM
The new mayor of NYC, Bill de Blasio, announced that he agrees with Cuomo’s comments “100 percent.” No surprise there. Three years ago when a Pro-Life group displayed a bill board that depicted a young black girl with the inscription, “The most dangerous place for an African American is in the womb” caused de Blasio to demand that it be removed declaring that, “The billboard simply doesn't belong in our city. The ad violates the values of New Yorkers.”

http://i204.photobucket.com/albums/bb250/cap_franklin/Decorated%20images/abortSohoBillboard.jpg

The billboard was removed by the company that owned it after some of those who opposed it threatened workers in the building located next to the billboard.

It was put up in response to a report released the previous month by the New York City Department of Health that revealed 41% of all pregnancies were terminated in the city in 2009 -- with 60% of those involving African-American women (other statics show that while comprising 13% of the American population African-Americans account for 36.4% of abortions in the country). Further, the three Planned Parenthood facilities nearest the billboard poster reported in the previous year that they had conducted nearly 17,000 abortions.

Those abortionists can't get anywhere with logic, reason, or lovingkindness. The only things those people know to do are violence and hatred.

Thoughtful Monk
02-05-2014, 05:30 PM
He has since insisted that that wasn't what he meant. He claims that he was referring instead to "extreme" candidates, not "extreme" citizens. Not sure how convincing that's supposed to sound....

As a resident of NY, I am not convinced at all.

KingsGambit
02-05-2014, 08:37 PM
I read a mean-spirited rant today by a leftist trying to spin it as obviously referring to the politicians. Just man up and admit your guy said what he said.

Jedidiah
02-05-2014, 10:15 PM
It is all just talk. He can not limit who runs for office.

princesa
02-06-2014, 01:02 PM
ugh. If my parents weren't still in NY i would have moved to Spain.

Bill the Cat
02-06-2014, 01:13 PM
I'd like to know what the goof says ARE the values of New Yorkers... :huh:

Jedidiah
02-06-2014, 01:28 PM
ugh. If my parents weren't still in NY i would have moved to Spain.

My sympathy. My parents live in California and I still visit there in spite of the liberalism.

princesa
02-06-2014, 02:11 PM
I'd like to know what the goof says ARE the values of New Yorkers... :huh:

Someone should ask him "What one value do NY'rs of all faiths and backgrounds share that would be offended by this poster?" He'd just respond with some pc answer that we all believe in equal rights (equating equal rights to the right to abortion)...I have no idea what he would even say.

princesa
02-06-2014, 02:13 PM
My sympathy. My parents live in California and I still visit there in spite of the liberalism.

yeah. I want to move to warmer less liberal climates, but still wondering where on earth (literally) would be an ideal place.

Jedidiah
02-06-2014, 06:53 PM
yeah. I want to move to warmer less liberal climates, but still wondering where on earth (literally) would be an ideal place.

I am afraid that if you look for warm you will find liberals.

princesa
02-07-2014, 06:10 AM
Hahaha, pretty funny :)

KingsGambit
02-07-2014, 07:53 AM
My favorite place I ever lived was also by far the most liberal.

princesa
02-07-2014, 09:24 AM
I've only lived in one state so I have nothing to compare

Bill the Cat
02-07-2014, 11:05 AM
I've lived in several places, from mildly liberal Omaha to staunchly conservative Biloxi. I have to say that I enjoyed living in Richmond up until about 4 years ago when Northern Virginia liberal transplants began politically overwhelming the rest of the state. They are the reason Virginia is no longer considered a solid red state.

rogue06
03-07-2014, 01:51 PM
It seems that Ilyse Hogue, president of NARAL, has decided to one up Andrew Cuomo by repeatedly declaring that being pro-life is "anti-American." (http://newsbusters.org/blogs/katie-yoder/2014/03/07/naral-president-anti-abortion-anti-american)

Zymologist
03-07-2014, 01:55 PM
It seems that Ilyse Hogue, president of NARAL, has decided to one up Andrew Cuomo by repeatedly declaring that being pro-life is "anti-American." (http://newsbusters.org/blogs/katie-yoder/2014/03/07/naral-president-anti-abortion-anti-american)

I can only shake my head anytime I see a pro-abortionist say...well basically anything on the subject. Our country is so screwed up.

Jedidiah
03-07-2014, 05:38 PM

Does that mean that killing children is an American Value?

KingsGambit
03-08-2014, 08:01 PM
One thing is clear: Being President of NARAL is a good sign that one is an unreliable source on anything to do with morality.