Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional 05/06/2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional 05/06/2014

A Planting of Faith Seeds for the Glory of the LORD
    “Come and you’ll see,” Jesus…

“When Jesus turned and noticed them following Him, He asked them, “What are you looking for?” They said to Him, “Rabbi” (which means “Teacher”), “where are You staying?” “Come and you’ll see,” He replied. So they went and saw where He was staying, and they stayed with Him that day. It was about 10 in the morning.” (John 1:38–39, HCSB)

For me this first recorded encounter between Jesus and his yet to be disciples has me wondering what it’s about because the response of the two men is not what you would expect. If you were praying and suddenly a voice interrupted, “What are you looking for?” What would be your answer? Would you respond like the two men following Jesus? I don’t know about you but I would probably (after I regained my composure) state my reason for praying not asking a seemingly unrelated question.

However, when you peel away the layers of Jesus’ question and you peel away all the surface layers of our needs how we respond is a matter of life and death because it takes us beyond our needs born in five senses to our ONE eternal NEED - Jesus. The (almost there) disciples comeback question/answer is brilliant, “Where are You staying?” To put it in the form of a non-question it would go something like this, “Our need is to go with you where you are going.”

Of course Jesus’ response is just as brilliant as well, and based on my own personal experiences Jesus I understand his answer go something like this, “Come with me and experience a sense of hope, peace, love, compassion, and security beyond description.” Yesterday I wrote of our need to KNOW Jesus not just know of Jesus. The relationship Jesus has with us will never be a bail-us-out-when-we-need-it-relationship. While there be rare occasions when he does bail us out Jesus is always an I’ll-get-you-through-this-trust-me-Savior.

Believe it! Experience it!
    Grace and PEACE!
    Gary

Suddenly, Jesus was standing there among them! “Peace be with you,” he said.”
    (John 20:19, NLT)

Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you’d like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

Scripture quotations marked HCSB are taken from the Holman Christian Standard Bible®, Copyright © 1999, 2000, 2002, 2003, 2009 by Holman Bible Publishers. Used by permission. Holman Christian Standard Bible®, Holman CSB®, and HCSB® are federally registered trademarks of Holman Bible Publishers.
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X