Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Road Trip to Rescue My Dad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road Trip to Rescue My Dad?

OK, so my Dad is 90, and remarried after my Mom passed about 5 or 6 years ago. I now have a stepmom, Donna, and BOY was it weird watching them kiss at the wedding.

ANYWAY, they have been staying active, and taking trips, the most recent of which was a Bus Tour with a Senior Adult group, and one of the stops was New Orleans.

While there, Donna became very ill, and reportedly almost passed away, but revived, and is actually recovering. Long story short, but apparently a chronic breathing problem.

MEANWHILE, she will be moved from ICU tomorrow to a private room, but the Bus leaves tomorrow morning for the rest of the trip, leaving Dad and Donna in New Orleans. Donna's daughter (about my age) flew down to be with her mom, and was planning on flying them home, but Doctor said no flights! So Karin (the daughter) is in New Orleans with my Dad and her Mom.

I have offered to drive to New Orleans (about 6 hours) and pick them up and take them to Ohio (about 16 hours) and it looks like that might be what's gonna happen. Not sure yet when Donna will get out of the hospital, but it MAY be Sunday Morning. Oddly enough, not planning to be "away", I had ALREADY asked one of my men to preach for me Sunday, and I was planning on being in the Service. He's a retired preacher, and I was looking forward to hearing him preach.

HOWEVER, it may well work out that I miss Sunday services, go to New Orleans, gather up Dad, his wife, and her daughter, and do a SENIOR ADULT ROAD TRIP (what fun ) to Ohio and back.

Please pray for Donna to recover from whatever this scare was, and my Dad who's in pretty good health for a 90 year old, but he can get kinda confused at times, and Karin who would OTHERWISE have had to rent a car and drive the two of them back to Ohio.

Thanks to those of you who already committed to pray.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

CP
    3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Comment

ing
          Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
          1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
          -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Make it fun!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

Make it fun!
              EGGzackly... I don't really know Karin all that well, so it would be good to get to know her, and I don't get to spend much time with my DAd, and he won't be around forever.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

May the trip be blessed and free from harm and peril.
                  "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

I'm thinking of a song...

That's what
                    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                      I'm thinking of a song...

You scare me -- I thought of that VERY THING!

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post

May the trip be blessed and free from harm and peril.
                        On top of everything else, Mrs CP is still going through her Cancer Recovery appointments, but this road trip appears as though it will fall in between appointments. Either way, she's 100% good with the mission.

Comment

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

You got my prayers, brother.
                            Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

May the good times roll for you.
                              The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment