Announcement

Collapse

Animal Husbandry 101 Guidelines

Greetings Animal Lovers!

Welcome to Animal Husbandry 101, this is the place for all things animal.

Did you get a new pet? Tell us about it.Do you have a question about pet care? Ask it here. Are you thinking about getting a pet? Let us know.

There are a great many animal lovers at Tweb anxious to hear about and join in the fun.

In addition to the regular set of rules called the DECORUM, others rules will be enforced here as well.

1) Please keep all pets on a leash.
2) Please clean up after those pets that aren't quite paper trained.
3) Gerbils are not good pets. It's a long story

Thank you and let the games begin.
See more
See less

There Were WHAT in Her Eye?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There Were WHAT in Her Eye?

https://ktla.com/2019/04/10/tiny-bee...ing-off-tears/
    Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

None of your BEEZWAX!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I can't read the article unless I answer questions about where I live and stuff.

Can you give us a little blurb about it, please?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
        I can't read the article unless I answer questions about where I live and stuff.

Can you give us a little blurb about it, please?
        Doctors treating a Taiwanese woman for a swollen eye were shocked to find four tiny bees living under her left eyelid.

The miniscule insects, known as sweat bees, are 3 to 4 millimeters (0.12-0.16 inches) in length, according to CNN affiliate CTS.

“I saw something that looked like insect legs, so I pulled them out under a microscope slowly, and one at a time without damaging things inside,” Hung Chi-ting, the head of the ophthalmology department at Taiwan’s Fooyin University Hospital, told reporters at a news conference.

Sweat bees, also known as halictidae, “nest near graves and in fallen trees, so it’s easy to come across them while hiking in mountains,” Hung explained.

According to CTS, the woman, identified by her family name of He, said she thinks the insects blew into her eye at a relative’s grave site when she visited it with her family. She washed her eyes with water but kept experiencing severe pain.

“It was very painful. Tears wouldn’t stop coming out of my eye,” she said. “I was scared to death.”

After three hours of agony, He visited the hospital, where doctors determined she was suffering from cellulitis, a bacterial skin infection, and severe corneal erosion caused by the sweat bees.

“Thankfully she came to the hospital early, otherwise I might have had to take her eyeball out to save her life,” Hung said.

He’s eyesight had been reduced to under 0.1, the equivalent of 20-200 vision on the Snellen eye chart measuring visual acuity, Hung told reporters. “Luckily, she didn’t have a high fever and it hadn’t affected her central nervous system.”

The sweat bee feeds off nectar and pollen, but is also drawn to human perspiration, which provides “precious moisture and salts,” according to the Missouri Department of Conservation.

Local media reported that He was expected to make a full recovery.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Eww!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

She must have been very sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              OR sweaty - they were sweat bees.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                OR sweaty - they were sweat bees.
                The article said "The sweat bee feeds off nectar and pollen"

Obviously they were not spelling bees or they would know the difference between sweet and sweat.

Comment

The article said "The sweat bee feeds off nectar and pollen"

Obviously they were not spelling bees or they would know the difference between sweet and sweat.
                  Maybe she sweats sweet! My youngest daughter used to sweat perfume!

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    Maybe she sweats sweet! My youngest daughter used to sweat perfume!
                    But then your sense of smell is all messed up.

Comment

But then your sense of smell is all messed up.
                      Wow... I never thought of that... so, ALL THIS TIME......

Comment

Her name was He, not She.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrawnus View Post
                          Her name was He, not She.

Who is on first base?

Yes Who is on first base!

No. I'm asking you who is on first base.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                            Who is on first base?

Yes Who is on first base!

No. I'm asking you who is on first base.
                            What?

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                              What?
                              Just to be sure ...
                              I'll let Abbott answer the question.

see the discussion on this link: http://www.hsbaseballweb.com/abbott_costello.htm

I'm addressing the issue of He being a she.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X