Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

A Coming Civil War?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Coming Civil War?

The opening salvo?

http://www.operationamericanspring.org/
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Not the opening salvo; they fired the same thing before a couple of times which has fizzled just like this one will.

The idea is to flood Washington DC with millions of patriotic Americans who will take back America from Obama; basically. They'll get more like a hundred or so, and it will hardly be noticed; same as when they tried the same thing last year. In a nation with a good share of many comically insane individuals on all kinds of issues or perspectives, "Operation American Spring" is right up with the most delusional.

But it will be fun to watch. The mass rally is due today May 16. (It's May 16 here in Australia already.)

Comment

Originally posted by sylas View Post
      Not the opening salvo; they fired the same thing before a couple of times which has fizzled just like this one will.

The idea is to flood Washington DC with millions of patriotic Americans who will take back America from Obama; basically. They'll get more like a hundred or so, and it will hardly be noticed; same as when they tried the same thing last year. In a nation with a good share of many comically insane individuals on all kinds of issues or perspectives, "Operation American Spring" is right up with the most delusional.

But it will be fun to watch. The mass rally is due today May 16. (It's May 16 here in Australia already.)
      Maybe it's just my eyesight, but your avatar looks like some creepy spider's(or maybe crab?) mouth or something. It's pretty creepy.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
        Maybe it's just my eyesight, but your avatar looks like some creepy spider's(or maybe crab?) mouth or something. It's pretty creepy.
        http://ancientstandard.com/2011/06/1...nd-in-morocco/
        I'm not here anymore.

Comment

Thanks! You should have seen the one which was an animated gif.

He's an Anomalocaris. He's very cute. Just throw him a raw steak now and again and he's good as gold. Usually. Sometimes, anyway.

Back on the topic: here's a link about the proposed rally from "Government Executive". Never heard of them but it provides a nice snarky commentary.
          How to Manage Expectations for Your Rally to Overthrow the American Government

Comment

I think as much as I dislike the man and his policies, the Americans who want Obama gone must remember that he was democratically elected. Over 50% of your country wanted him as president and wanted him in enough to re-elect him.

Anyhow, Sylas, what do you think of the Budget Abbot's government released? And Christopher Pyne calling Bill Shorten a naughty word?
            Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
            1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
            -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
              With the facial recognition technology in existence, most of the militias and patriot groups across the country that are preparing off the radar wouldn't be dumb enough to show up for an event like this.

Comment

Originally posted by sylas View Post
                Thanks! You should have seen the one which was an animated gif.

He's an Anomalocaris. He's very cute. Just throw him a raw steak now and again and he's good as gold. Usually. Sometimes, anyway.

Back on the topic: here's a link about the proposed rally from "Government Executive". Never heard of them but it provides a nice snarky commentary.
                How to Manage Expectations for Your Rally to Overthrow the American Government
                You have an unusual definition of "cute"

Comment

You have an unusual definition of "cute"
                  old english definition of the word meant "ugly but interesting"

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
                  -Ben Witherington III

Comment

Originally posted by Raphael View Post
                    Anyhow, Sylas, what do you think of the Budget Abbot's government released? And Christopher Pyne calling Bill Shorten a naughty word?

Comment

I think as much as I dislike the man and his policies, the Americans who want Obama gone must remember that he was democratically elected. Over 50% of your country wanted him as president and wanted him in enough to re-elect him.

After seeing Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck as voters, I don't really trust the system.

old english definition of the word meant "ugly but interesting"
                      Got a source?

ETA: Yeah, yeah, I probably sound like a conspiracy nut. I just really don't have a lot of trust in humanity in general at this point.

Comment

Got a source?
                        Aussie slang and a myth

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

After seeing Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck as voters, I don't really trust the system.
                          That is the inherit problem with democracy. if you have universal suffrage, you can't say, "but we can't let the people I think are idiots vote" (especially as given how polarised your politics are at the moment, I can almost guarantee that the opposition thinks the same thing about you.)

Got a source?
                          I don't have access to it anymore, but a friend of mine in South Africa collects old dictionaries and encyclopedias, and he had an old Oxford Dictionary that had that definition (or it could have been "ugly but adorable" or something like that)

ETA: Yeah, yeah, I probably sound like a conspiracy nut. I just really don't have a lot of trust in humanity in general at this point.
                          That's alright, as your mate I will tell you when it's time to get a tinfoil hat.

-Ben Witherington III

Comment

I don't have access to it anymore, but a friend of mine in South Africa collects old dictionaries and encyclopedias, and he had an old Oxford Dictionary that had that definition (or it could have been "ugly but adorable" or something like that)
                            Interesting.

Source: Babylon Dictionary: cute

Australian Slang
                            sexually pleasing or attractive; gorgeous; used of either males or females, or specific bodily features: "such a cute face"; "cute buns"; "He's so cute I could die"

extremely cute (originally an aphetic variant of “acute”, meaning “shrewd”, “clever”; there is quite a distinct semantic difference between a “cute puppy” and a “cute butt”; the often quoted “true” or “dictionary” definition of “cute” as “ugly but interesting” does not exist in any actual dictionary and most probably originally arose as a joke)

Source

© Copyright Original Source

That's alright, as your mate I will tell you when it's time to get a tinfoil hat.
                            The time is now

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I'm not sure that will help.

Source: Conclusion

The helmets amplify frequency bands that coincide with those allocated to the US government between 1.2 Ghz and 1.4 Ghz. According to the FCC, These bands are supposedly reserved for ''radio location'' (ie, GPS), and other communications with satellites (see, for example, [3]). The 2.6 Ghz band coincides with mobile phone technology. Though not affiliated by government, these bands are at the hands of multinational corporations.

It requires no stretch of the imagination to conclude that the current helmet craze is likely to have been propagated by the Government, possibly with the involvement of the FCC. We hope this report will encourage the paranoid community to develop improved helmet designs to avoid falling prey to these shortcomings.

© Copyright Original Source

I'm not here anymore.

Comment