Announcement

Collapse

Animal Husbandry 101 Guidelines

Greetings Animal Lovers!

Welcome to Animal Husbandry 101, this is the place for all things animal.

Did you get a new pet? Tell us about it.Do you have a question about pet care? Ask it here. Are you thinking about getting a pet? Let us know.

There are a great many animal lovers at Tweb anxious to hear about and join in the fun.

In addition to the regular set of rules called the DECORUM, others rules will be enforced here as well.

1) Please keep all pets on a leash.
2) Please clean up after those pets that aren't quite paper trained.
3) Gerbils are not good pets. It's a long story

Thank you and let the games begin.
See more
See less

Great day with the bees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great day with the bees

I have a friend (believe it or not) who had upper back surgery a month ago. He is not able to bend or lift to check his bees. Now I can not bend or lift, but another fellow, not a beekeeper, went along to do the lifting and I did the bee work. Wonderful day playing with the bees then having a meal together to visit - largely about bees. Ahhhh . . .
    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

I heard a song today that reminded me of you, Jed.

Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

GJ, that sounds like a great day!

I have a question for you about a bee.

I was going down the stairs to my basement the other day and saw what I thought was a huge beetle crawling across the floor. Which is icky, since we don't have huge beetles here.....as far as I know.....

When I got closer, I saw that it was a huge bee crawling across the floor. Probably 2 inches long, fat body, seemed very sluggish. My son trapped it in a box and we released it outside where it crawled away.

We hope that it came in on somebody's clothes, but I was wondering if you knew what kind of bee it might have been. I would call it a bumblebee, but it seemed to have a longer body that what I would normally think of as a bumblebee having.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
        GJ, that sounds like a great day!

I have a question for you about a bee.

I was going down the stairs to my basement the other day and saw what I thought was a huge beetle crawling across the floor. Which is icky, since we don't have huge beetles here.....as far as I know.....

When I got closer, I saw that it was a huge bee crawling across the floor. Probably 2 inches long, fat body, seemed very sluggish. My son trapped it in a box and we released it outside where it crawled away.

We hope that it came in on somebody's clothes, but I was wondering if you knew what kind of bee it might have been. I would call it a bumblebee, but it seemed to have a longer body that what I would normally think of as a bumblebee having.

Do you get Carpenter Bees in the wilds of Canuckistan?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Do you get Carpenter Bees in the wilds of Canuckistan?
          Don't know. Probably.

But all the images of carpenters I have looked at don't look like what I saw.

We DO have 18 varieties of bumblebees, though!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Dear Mr. Beeman,

i have seen bees being vacuumed up. Doesn't this hurt the bees?
            Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Don't know. Probably.

But all the images of carpenters I have looked at don't look like what I saw.

We DO have 18 varieties of bumblebees, though!
              There are several hundred different carpenter bee species, and they do resemble giant bumble bees.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Comment

Man, mossy. ... you got me so curious, I Googled "bee about 2 inches long" and found some frightening images. Naturally I can't upload them ar the moment, but there's a hummingbird clearwing and a cicada killer (do you get cicadas up there?).

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                    Man, mossy. ... you got me so curious, I Googled "bee about 2 inches long" and found some frightening images. Naturally I can't upload them ar the moment, but there's a hummingbird clearwing and a cicada killer (do you get cicadas up there?).
                    No cicadas.

I am pretty sure it is a type of bumblebee.

That is my story and I am sticking to it.

Comment

Okay dokey.

But I DO wonder about vacuuming...

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                        Okay dokey.

But I DO wonder about vacuuming...
                        Yeah!

Comment

No cicadas.

I am pretty sure it is a type of bumblebee.

That is my story and I am sticking to it.
                          Did it look like this?

http://www.hdwallpapers.in/walls/bum..._moon-wide.jpg
                          βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
                          ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

Nope.

Comment

Oh, good, at least we've ruled out one kind of bumblebee.
                              βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
                              ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X