PDA

View Full Version : My Writing

Zymologist
06-04-2014, 11:33 AM
So I'd made a post in the old Tweb about the novel that I've been working on. My description of it seemed to be fairly well-received, haphazard though it was.

There's been some changes to it, though. In short, I've abandoned that idea almost completely. :smile:

However, I do still have some ideas brewing, and I do still intend to write a novel. I'm no longer in any kind of hurry to do it, but I do intend to do it. (somehow, eventually, one way or another, etc.)

I wrote a short story recently, from the barest germ of an idea, and I'm wondering (with great trepidation) if I should share it here. For your reading pleasure, and so forth. And for, you know, criticism and stuff.

What do you think? Dare I expose Tweb to my fiction writing? :wink:

KingsGambit
06-04-2014, 11:42 AM
Please share!

Zymologist
06-04-2014, 12:50 PM
Please share!

How many posters do you think bother to read things like that? (I mean, every other person on the internet is a writer, so how good could any of it actually be? :wink: )

Teallaura
06-04-2014, 01:05 PM
How many posters do you think bother to read things like that? (I mean, every other person on the internet is a writer, so how good could any of it actually be? :wink: )

I used to write some short stories on my blog (when Tweb had blogs) and they were read by more folks than I'd have thought. :shrug:

Give it a go - the worst that happens is no one reads it. Same thing happens if it stays in the proverbial drawer.

Irate Canadian
06-04-2014, 01:08 PM
I would like to read it!

Jedidiah
06-04-2014, 02:46 PM

Who cares? If one or two read it is that not enough?

Zymologist
06-04-2014, 04:00 PM
Who cares? If one or two read it is that not enough?

No! My work must be read by all!

Actually I was just curious. Thanks for the responses guys. I think I'll be posting it shortly.

Zymologist
06-04-2014, 05:37 PM
Ok, it's posted. Read it, and weep. :wink:

Carrikature
06-04-2014, 07:11 PM
However, I do still have some ideas brewing, and I do still intend to write a novel. I'm no longer in any kind of hurry to do it, but I do intend to do it. (somehow, eventually, one way or another, etc.)

Do National Novel Writing Month (http://nanowrimo.org/) with me this year. I've done it (and won) twice now.

Teallaura
06-05-2014, 08:00 AM
Ok, it's posted. Read it, and weep. :wink:

:brood: Link?

Zymologist
06-05-2014, 08:15 AM
:brood: Link?

:sigh:

If I must. (http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/showthread.php?2274-The-Weeper-%28my-short-story%29)

Teallaura
06-05-2014, 08:17 AM
:hmph: Hey, I'm a busy girl - I don't have time to be hunting down links! That'd waste five whole seconds!

:wink: