Announcement

Collapse

Animal Husbandry 101 Guidelines

Greetings Animal Lovers!

Welcome to Animal Husbandry 101, this is the place for all things animal.

Did you get a new pet? Tell us about it.Do you have a question about pet care? Ask it here. Are you thinking about getting a pet? Let us know.

There are a great many animal lovers at Tweb anxious to hear about and join in the fun.

In addition to the regular set of rules called the DECORUM, others rules will be enforced here as well.

1) Please keep all pets on a leash.
2) Please clean up after those pets that aren't quite paper trained.
3) Gerbils are not good pets. It's a long story

Thank you and let the games begin.
See more
See less

For Cow Poker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Cow Poker

Cows-per-capita.jpg

Texas has the most cows in total, with 10.9 million head, but South Dakota has 4.32 cows per capita, a higher proportion than any other state.

http://knowmore.washingtonpost.com/2...s-than-people/

Updated list of approved names to use in this thread (and elsewhere) for our favorite Texan cowboy:
    1. Cowboy
    2. Cow Poker
    3. Ornery Southern Baptist
    4. Liberal Southern Baptist
    5. worse
    6. Backwoods Baptist Apostate
    7. Prodder of Bovines
    8. Cat Rustler
    9. Purple Pants (best one so far)
    10. Country Preacher
    11. Eagle pup
    12. poopiehead
    13. Cow Pope
    Last edited by robrecht; 08-26-2014, 08:53 AM.
    βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
    ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Yeah, South Dakota has crowded cows.

Anybody know where the largest working cattle ranch in the United States is?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Anybody know where the largest working cattle ranch in the United States is?
      There're not bothered by as many people crowding around them. They like it that way. In terms of crowding by by other cows, you'd have to look at the ratio of the cows per square mile.

We have a dairy farm access the street from us; it's the largest one I'm aware of.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        No. They just don't have a large population. My mother was born in SoDak. In her day her closest neighbor lived just over a half mile away. I was nearly a teenager when her home town got their first traffic light.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

So where's Cow Poke been the last couple of days? I betcha he got banned for being a liberal Southern Baptist!

Comment

Originally posted by robrecht View Post
            So where's Cow Poke been the last couple of days? I betcha he got banned for being a liberal Southern Baptist!
            Recovering from the ordeal/trauma of coming back onto the mod squad.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              Recovering from the ordeal/trauma of coming back onto the mod squad.
              Uh-oh, does that mean I have to stop calling him Cow Poker?

Comment

Uh-oh, does that mean I have to stop calling him Cow Poker?
                I call him worse.

Comment

I call him worse.
                  For example?

Comment

For example?
                    Huh? I said I call him worse. Just the other day I said, "hey worse, how you doing?"

Of course he corrected my grammar.

Comment

Huh? I said I call him worse. Just the other day I said, "hey worse, how you doing?"

Of course he corrected my grammar.
                      I think we need to get a list going of all the names we have already or should start using for him. I'll start:

1. Cow Poker
                      2. Cowboy
                      5. worse

I'm sure I've forgotten some.

Comment

Prodder of Bovines

Comment

Updated list (also added to the OP):

1. Cowboy
                          2. Cow Poker
                          5. worse
                          7. Prodder of Bovines

Comment

Roundup?
                            TWEB Cowpoke.jpg
                            1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
                            ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
                            Scripture before Tradition:
                            but that won't prevent others from
                            taking it upon themselves to deprive you
                            of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post
                              Roundup?
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]994[/ATTACH]
                              Hmmm. We have to think about that one. It might be construed as too positive:

Kill specialty weeds
                              Fight weeds like poisen ivy and other tough-to-kill brush

http://www.roundup.com/smg/gocat/rou...llers/cat50102

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X