Announcement

Collapse

Animal Husbandry 101 Guidelines

Greetings Animal Lovers!

Welcome to Animal Husbandry 101, this is the place for all things animal.

Did you get a new pet? Tell us about it.Do you have a question about pet care? Ask it here. Are you thinking about getting a pet? Let us know.

There are a great many animal lovers at Tweb anxious to hear about and join in the fun.

In addition to the regular set of rules called the DECORUM, others rules will be enforced here as well.

1) Please keep all pets on a leash.
2) Please clean up after those pets that aren't quite paper trained.
3) Gerbils are not good pets. It's a long story

Thank you and let the games begin.
See more
See less

Catch of the Day.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catch of the Day.

This is the place to post those pics of the fish that didn't get away. Once I find it I will put up my biggest catch ever, even if it is a bit old(about a year ago).

More incoming, even if they are technically a few days old.

WhiteCat.jpg

Comment

Very nice fish. How did he taste?
      That's what
      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
        Very nice fish. How did he taste?
        Didn't eat him. Strictly catch and release. We don't have anyone who can clean them, or cook them for that matter. We are allowed to keep and eat them though. I have a few more pics I will upload later, and if TWeb is cooperating, a video or two as well.

Comment

Hopefully this video works.

ETA: Nope, doesn't. Here's some pictures until it does.

IMG_20140622_120227_290.jpg

IMG_20140622_123741_455.jpg

ETA2: Since the Upload isn't working for facebook right now, here is a link. Tell me if you can see it.
          Last edited by Cerebrum123; 06-24-2014, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Yay! The video is here specifically now!

Comment

Nice one! What bait did you use?
              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                Nice one! What bait did you use?
                Nightcrawlers.

Comment

Last weekend.

I have another video, will post when loaded.

Comment

Comment

Is that pond on your property, brum?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                        Is that pond on your property, brum?
                        No, it's owned by a friend. They're very nice. They let us fish there whenever we want. They also said we can eat the fish too, but we don't have someone in the family who knows how to clean them, or cook them for that matter.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
                          No, it's owned by a friend. They're very nice. They let us fish there whenever we want. They also said we can eat the fish too, but we don't have someone in the family who knows how to clean them, or cook them for that matter.
                          It ain't that hard. For catfish, chop off the head, fins and tail, peel off the skin and slice open the belly and take out the guts. Fry the rest. Or just cut off the meat from the sides without even having to gut them. That way you don't even have to worry about the bones.

On regular fish, basically the same thing but instead of skinning, you scrape off the scales.
                          http://www.dummies.com/how-to/conten...your-fish.html

You basically fry em up like you would chicken strips. Batter them and fry em. All sorts of recipes on the internet too.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            It ain't that hard. For catfish, chop off the head, fins and tail, peel off the skin and slice open the belly and take out the guts. Fry the rest. Or just cut off the meat from the sides without even having to gut them. That way you don't even have to worry about the bones.

On regular fish, basically the same thing but instead of skinning, you scrape off the scales.
                            http://www.dummies.com/how-to/conten...your-fish.html

You basically fry em up like you would chicken strips. Batter them and fry em. All sorts of recipes on the internet too.
                            Well, it's too dangerous for me to even attempt(a small accident can cause lots of problems). Given my dad's last attempt, I doubt there will be any fish eaten any time soon.

Comment

One more question for you: What hooks are you using for the catfish?

I went to the Bass Pro Shop yesterday and asked for advice for hooks and they told me to use treble hooks in a certain size. But I know those don't really work for catch and release so I assume you're not using them. I'm curious if there's something a little easier to unhook that is working for you.
                              Last edited by KingsGambit; 07-06-2014, 10:26 AM.
                              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X