Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional 06/23/2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional 06/23/2014

A Planting of Faith Seeds for the Glory of the LORD
    Storms, Jesus, and You…

One of my favorite New Testament stories is the one that begins with Jesus asleep in the back of a small boat he and the disciples were using and suddenly a storm nearly destroyed the boat which would have been disastrous for Jesus and the disciples. I am sure you’re familiar with it as well. If you are then you know that after the disciples woke Jesus he rebuked the storm and the sea became calm. It is one of my favorite stories because to me it isn’t just a story I live it out every day in my life.

It would be great if being a faithful follower of Jesus came with a storm free life. We know that isn’t going to happen until God takes us home don’t we? We know God does not protect us from storms but what we do know is God protects us IN the storms. When Jesus stood up in the boat that night long ago he silenced 13 storms, he brought not only peace to the sea but also to 12 terrified men as well. The other day as my Pulmonary Doctor told me my lung capacity has diminished significantly I immediately found myself surrounded by an emotional storm. Yet almost instantly I began feeling the familiar touch of Jesus’ peace as the Holy Spirit stilled my inner storm.

Among the multiple lessons the story has taught me is I cannot depend on my own strength because the only strength that will not fail me is the strength of my God given faith in God. This morning during my bible reading time I found the following scripture that is an abbreviated version of Jesus, the 12 disciples, each of us, in a boat moving through stormy waters. “He will protect his faithful ones, but the wicked will disappear in darkness. No one will succeed by strength alone.” (1 Samuel 2:9, NLT)

I am not sure of the storm that has you in its grips but I do know one very important thing you are not alone! While Jesus may appear to be sleeping and paying no attention to what is going on around you that is not the case he is lying there with one eye open waiting for just the right moment to stand up and say, “Peace, be still!”

Storms will always be a significant part of our lives but within the center of every storm is the One who can still every storm.

PEACE, BE STILL!

Believe it! Experience it!
    Grace and PEACE!
    Gary

And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from His glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:19 NLT)

Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you’d like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

“Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Wheaton, Illinois 60189. All rights reserved.”
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X