Announcement

Collapse

LDS - Mormonism Guidelines

Theists only.

Look! It's a bird, no it's a plane, no it's a bicycle built for two!

This forum is a debate area to discuss issues pertaining to the LDS - Mormons. This forum is generally for theists only, and is generaly not the area for debate between atheists and theists. Non-theists may not post here without first obtaining permission from the moderator of this forum. Granting of such permission is subject to Moderator discretion - and may be revoked if the Moderator feels that the poster is not keeping with the spirit of the World Religions Department.

Due to the sensitive nature of the LDS Temple Ceremonies to our LDS posters, we do not allow posting exact text of the temple rituals, articles describing older versions of the ceremony, or links that provide the same information. However discussion of generalities of the ceremony are not off limits. If in doubt, PM the area mod or an Admin

Non-theists are welcome to discuss and debate these issues in the Apologetics 301 forum without such restrictions.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Joseph Smith - Hot or Not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joseph Smith - Hot or Not

Some have noted that Joseph Smith was attractive and he used that to his advantage. The church drawings show him as handsome. I wonder if women think he is attractive? Did this influence his ability to have many wives or was it the "warren jeffs" controlling ability? I have seen some drawings of him that were not attractive.

I always distrust good looking people myself excluded.

Digital Ink "Former Mr. Universe"

Some of us have noted the difference between the portrayals by the Mormon church of Smith as handsome, when photos of him actually showed him as somewhat less so - almost a "triangular" head. (I think he was TRINITARIAN, at least in the beginning! )

handsome smith.jpg triangular joseph smith.jpg
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Same way they portray him "translating" the golden plates, as opposed to the way "head in hat" method.

07-translating-the-book-of-mormon.jpg Joseph-Smith-receiving-revelations-from-God.jpg

I remember when one of the Mormons got REALLY MAD at me for posting a picture of Smith with his head in a hat, because they didn't know that was one of the actual accounts from their own Church -- but had been taught the "more dignified" version.

I've never known a religion to do such a "revisionist history" version when their OWN history reveals their deception.
      Last edited by Cow Poke; 06-26-2014, 06:29 AM.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]828[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]827[/ATTACH]=
        Here is another portrayal of Smith by the Mormon Church -- in this one, Smith looks like Chevy Chase, and is allegedly using the Urim and Thummim to "translate" --- this portrayal looks NOTHING like actual photographs of Smith.

chevy smith.jpg

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X