Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional 06/30/2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional 06/30/2014

A Planting of Faith Seeds for the Glory of the LORD
    Lord, what is going to happen to us?

A reoccurring question that keeps coming from time-to-time in my prayers is, “Lord, what’s going to happen to us (Patti and I) God?” It usually starts popping up in my prayers following some form of challenge life puts in our journey. I remember in the weeks and days just prior to my heart surgery back in September it was a regular. And like always there was no direct answer only the reassurance of the presence of the Holy Spirit which was all we really needed.

Paul, in this morning’s scripture writes about the dynamics his relationship with Jesus and its intimacy. “No, dear brothers and sisters, I have not achieved it, but I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead, I press on to reach the end of the race and receive the heavenly prize for which God, through Christ Jesus, is calling us.” (Philippians 3:13–14, NLT)

In his book “Vertical Church” James MacDonald writes, “Intimacy demands simplicity.” While MacDonald is referring to worship for me his statement on intimacy not only includes worship but all factions of our lives and relationships. I understand that life in today’s world with all its interconnectedness is anything but simple. Yet I also understand that lying hidden under layers of complexity is the basic need to love and be loved. Paul said it best when he wrote, “Yes, everything else is worthless when compared with the infinite value of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have discarded everything else, counting it all as garbage, so that I could gain Christ and become one with him…” (Philippians 3:8–9, NLT)

One of the hardest things Paul is telling us to do is to forget the past because it is the past that has shaped us into the person we are. Yet on the other hand the person we are today will not be the same person we will be tomorrow because the happenings of tomorrow will help reshape our lives. Knowing this Paul goes on to write, “…looking forward to what lies ahead, I press on…” This brings me to the question, “Lord, what is going to happen to us?”

In response I can either look to the complexity of life with all its twists and turns ups and downs or I can look for the simplicity of God’s love and “…know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.” (Romans 8:28, NLT)

To live a life of faith is always see life as vertical that reaches upward toward God’s simple love rather than outward toward a complex hostile world.

Believe it! Experience it!
    Grace and PEACE!
    Gary

And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from His glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:19 NLT)

Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you’d like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

“Scripture quotations marked NLT are taken from the Holy Bible, New Living Translation, copyright © 1996. Used by permission of Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., Wheaton, Illinois 60189. All rights reserved.”
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X