Your Screen Name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your Screen Name

What profound meaning does your screen name hold for you?

I was in my freshman year of college, and needed a good screen name to play Travian (that game...). I, of course, couldn't think of anything, so I just grabbed a dictionary and started paging through it.

I sat there for a long time.

Eventually, though, I came across this word "zymology" and thought, "Hey, this is great! I'll use it."

Since then, I've never seen it used anywhere else, and few people seem to know what it means. It's perfect!
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Not really profound, per se, but for those in-the-know, it reveals my fond addiction for all things Tolkien.

Comment

I named my screen "monitor"

don't ask me why.

Comment

Mine is a chess opening.
        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
          Mine is a chess opening.
          You nerd.
          I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

i have been thinking of changing my name to "Dee Dee Warren" to confuse people.

Comment

Just remember to change your avatar as well or we will see through you.

My name comes from the fact that I am Jedidiah (beloved of God).
              Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

One of favourite blossoms from my childhood.

http://bonnieplants.com/products/flowers/portulaca

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I got this name because they didn't know what else to call me :|.
                  "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." ― C.S. Lewis, God in the Dock: Essays on Theology (Making of Modern Theology)

Comment

A character for a comic a friend and I made a long time ago. Initially I used a different character from the comic, but due to my brother pestering me I finally changed to a different one. The "123" is because surprisingly, it's often already taken.

Comment

On a whim, I used the middle of my SCA name when I first joined - I normally use the first part. We had a poll a few years back and I even changed it temporarily but by then everyone preferred Teallaura.

My SCA name actually derives from some character names I used to write about.

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Screen name? You mean these aren't your real names?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                          Teallaura is really mine.
                          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

I thought real names were supposed to be a secret? In any case my screen name is because I lo read(bookworm) and am a Christian, so I just combined the two.
                            If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                              I'm still working on getting it legally changed to reflect TWeb's reality. SSA asked me this morning if I wanted it to be "KingsGambit", "Kings Gambit", or "King's Gambit" and I'm still deciding; I told them I'd get back to them on Monday.
                              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment