Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional 07/29/2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional 07/29/2014

A Planting of Faith Seeds for the Glory of the LORD
    The Lord opens our understanding…

“The angel showed me a river that was crystal clear, and its waters gave life. The river came from the throne where God and the Lamb were seated.” (Revelation 22:1–2, CEV)

The life you and I are living is God’s life! I am not suggesting you and I are God or even like God what I am saying is the life we are living comes from God to us as a returnable gift. And when this “clay vessel” that encapsulates the life God has trusted to us no longer works we will return to God. However, while no one really knows the day or hour when that will happen we’ve a whole lot of living yet to live!

In order to ensure we have every chance available to live a blessed and glorious life God came to earth in his own “clay vessel” just like yours and mine to show us how it’s done. And the Mighty God even goes one step further to ensure we have every chance to live a blessed and glorious life he gives us each other. Somehow by Divine Design and through the all encompassing ministry and blessings of the Holy Spirit we have been brought together at varying levels to support each other as we make our way through life.

One of the most powerful promises God has given us that applies not only to his “words” but the life he has given us as well is found in chapter 55 of Isaiah. “Rain and snow fall from the sky. But they don’t return without watering the earth that produces seeds to plant and grain to eat. That’s how it is with my words. They don’t return to me without doing everything I send them to do. When you are set free, you will celebrate and travel home in peace. Mountains and hills will sing as you pass by, and trees will clap.” (Isaiah 55:10–12, CEV, emphasis mine)

The blessings God has in store for those who truly, deeply, and intimately love him are as numerous as the stars in the heavens but for those who for whatever reason are unable to accept the life God has given them may be in for the surprise of their life. I don’t know about you but I cannot see myself living without God, Jesus, the Holy Spirit nor can I see myself making it through life on my own so in spite of my human frailties I know I am and will be truly a blessed person!

Believe it! Experience it!
    Grace and PEACE!
    Gary

“Behold, God is my helper; the Lord is the upholder of my life.” (Psalms 54:4 ESV)

Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you’d like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

Scripture marked CEV are taken from the Contemporary English Version © 1991, 1992, 1995 by American Bible Society, Used by Permission.

Scripture quotations marked ESV "Are from The Holy Bible, English Standard Version, copyright © 2001 by Crossway Bibles, a division of Good News Publishers. Used by permission. All rights reserved.

Amen Gary! Wonderful OT Scripture choice also.
    3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X