Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional 08/06/2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional 08/06/2014

A Planting of Faith Seeds for the Glory of the LORD
    I want to know Christ…

It has taken me a lifetime of trial’s and error’s to learn that Paul was right on target when he wrote. “But Christ has shown me that what I once thought was valuable is worthless. Nothing is as wonderful as knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. I have given up everything else and count it all as garbage. All I want is Christ and to know that I belong to him. I could not make myself acceptable to God by obeying the Law of Moses. God accepted me simply because of my faith in Christ.” (Philippians 3:7–9, CEV)

Unlike Paul I haven’t reached the point where I’ve given up everything. While I believe the opportunities and things available in the world are valueless when compared to my relationship with Jesus I still have my own hopes and dreams for my life that I continue to cling to. However, because I am firm in my desire to know that I belong to Jesus I continue to struggle to surrender to exchange my hopes and dreams for those of Jesus.

Over the past year or so as the reality of where I am physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually in my life I am beginning to see a profound change for what I wish (what we wish for begins in and is reflected in our hopes and dreams) for my life. It’s not that I am seeing my hopes and dreams as valueless nor as pie-in-the-sky-wishful-thinking what is happening in me is Jesus’ agenda for my life is becoming more valuable. With each passing day Jesus’ hopes and dreams for me as illustrated in his prayer the night of his arrest.

“I am not praying just for these followers. I am also praying for everyone else who will have faith because of what my followers will say about me. I want all of them to be one with each other, just as I am one with you and you are one with me. I also want them to be one with us. Then the people of this world will believe that you sent me… Father, I want everyone you have given me to be with me, wherever I am. Then they will see the glory that you have given me, because you loved me before the world was created.” (John 17:20–21, 24 CEV, emphasis mine)

One of the most valuable lessons in life comes from our own Jesus story. No one’s Jesus story is unimportant while our story may not be as sensational as others because it is Jesus’ story it will have the ability to encourage and impact another in a positive way. When we share our stories with each other we are simply fulfilling Jesus’ prayer, “I am also praying for everyone else who will have faith because of what my followers will say about me.”

Believe it! Experience it!
    Grace and PEACE!
    Gary

“Turn to the LORD! He can still be found. Call out to God! He is near.” (Isaiah 55:6, CEV)
    Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you’d like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

Scripture marked CEV are taken from the Contemporary English Version © 1991, 1992, 1995 by American Bible Society, Used by Permission.

Amen Gary! I pray for this to be happening more to me also!
    3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X