Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional 08/11/2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional 08/11/2014

A Planting of Faith Seeds for the Glory of the LORD
    Obscuring the SON doesn’t work…

This morning as I waited for the sunrise over the Canadian shoreline I was rewarded as the big orange/red ball arose obscured by the morning clouds. At first I was a little disappointed but suddenly the Holy Spirit reminded me that in many ways the sun obscured by the clouds is true to life. So many times throughout our day circumstances and events try their best to block out the Light of Jesus. However, in spite of how dense the cloud cover may be Jesus still shines in our lives!

Recently I wrote on Hope and the more I think about what I’ve experienced where I am now, and where I will be tomorrow, the next day, the next day, the next day, you get the idea Hope is my greatest asset/resource. From Hope, not the wishful thinking hope but genuine Hope that comes directly out of our relationship with God come the Divine Resources/Blessings needed to navigate life.

One of the best ways I’ve found to help me understand Hope comes from author R.C. Sproul. “…when the Bible speaks of hope, it is not referring to a desire for a future outcome that is uncertain, but rather a desire for a future outcome that is absolutely sure. Based on our trust in the promises of God, we can be fully confident about the outcome. When God gives His people a promise for the future, and the church grasps it, this hope is said to be the “anchor of the soul” (Heb. 6:19). An anchor is that which gives a ship protection against aimless drifting in the sea. The promises of God for tomorrow are the anchor for believers today.”

“You used to be like people living in the dark, but now you are people of the light because you belong to the Lord. So act like people of the light and make your light shine. Be good and honest and truthful, as you try to please the Lord.” (Ephesians 5:8-10 CEV)

As I bring this morning’s Glory Seed to a close I can no longer see the sun it is completely obscured by the clouds yet the entire world around me is bathed in its light. For each one of us it is symbolic of the ever present Holy Spirit that is constantly bathing us with the promise that WE ARE PEOPLE of the Light.

Believe it! Experience it!
    Grace and PEACE!
    Gary

“Turn to the LORD! He can still be found. Call out to God! He is near.” (Isaiah 55:6, CEV)

Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you’d like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

Scripture marked CEV are taken from the Contemporary English Version © 1991, 1992, 1995 by American Bible Society, Used by Permission.

Amen Gary!
    3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X