Interview with an active father

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interview with an active father

There's a really fantastic short interview on local radio with my brother, talking about being a father. Here's a picture of him with his two girls.
    abbots-fall.jpg

You can hear the interview (12.5 minutes) here: Story Box #565 - Graeme From Lambton - 12 August 2014, and you can read Graeme's blog post about it at Being a father.

Graeme is my younger brother, and also my personal hero. He's a truly amazing person. The interview shows him to be articulate and thoughtful and well prepared to look at the issues of being a father. I can tell you he lives out everything he says as well.

The radio interview is a fun idea as well... it's called the "Story Box". It's a series of "blind interviews". The story box itself is a wooden box containing a telephone. Every morning, radio host Aaron Kearney calls the phone and asks who ever answers to tell their story. That's it. Who ever has the box simply passes it on to someone else. Anyone. There's no control. And the chain has continued unbroken for two years, with Graeme telling story #565.

It's a really positive, thoughtful and encouraging interview, full of joy and enthusiasm for families. Enjoy!

Cheers -- sylas

Subscribing so I can listen tomorrow when I have the chance!
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

You have to sign up? I presume that is for the audio file. Sorry... I didn't realize. Maybe it can tell I am local and makes overseas people subscribe? I just hit the play button and got it immediately.

Comment

No, no - I'm in a restaurant and can't use my speakers, that's all. Sorry for the confusion.
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Congratulations!
          The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment