Announcement

Collapse

Computer Lab Guidelines

Here in the computer lab, we talk about cool tech, the newest coolest gadgets, and tackle your toughest tech questions.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time. Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

Find My iPhone --- it works!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Find My iPhone --- it works!

I don't normally keep my phone with me when I mow, but I was already getting on the tractor when I realized my iPhone was in my shirt pocket. I placed it in the cup holder that's built into the fender of the tractor, and started off. I occasionally glanced to see it was still there, and for HALF of the front yard, it was.

Then I had that sick feeling when I looked and it was gone. I had already mowed about an acre, so I started watching carefully on the next pass, thinking it couldn't be too many "passes" away. Nothing.

I got off the tractor, and walked the yard, along the fence line, around trees, all over the place. Nothing.

I finally went into my office and pulled up "Find My iPhone" on my computer, and it sure enough showed that my phone was indeed still sending a signal, and still on my property. I zoomed in, and thought -- "that's impossible!" It located my phone in my BACK YARD, behind my home office where... where the TRACTOR WAS NOW PARKED!!!!

I went outside, the phone was NOT where I left it, but looking all around the tractor, I finally found it lodged in a crevice beside and beneath the seat. Dusty as all get-out, but fully functional!

I would probably have never even looked there again, because I had already looked on the mower deck, the floor deck... I thought I had looked everywhere on that tractor -- except where it was!

Have you ever successfully used "Find My Phone"?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

No.

I don't have an iphone.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      I don't normally keep my phone with me when I mow, but I was already getting on the tractor when I realized my iPhone was in my shirt pocket. I placed it in the cup holder that's built into the fender of the tractor, and started off. I occasionally glanced to see it was still there, and for HALF of the front yard, it was.

Then I had that sick feeling when I looked and it was gone. I had already mowed about an acre, so I started watching carefully on the next pass, thinking it couldn't be too many "passes" away. Nothing.

I got off the tractor, and walked the yard, along the fence line, around trees, all over the place. Nothing.

I finally went into my office and pulled up "Find My iPhone" on my computer, and it sure enough showed that my phone was indeed still sending a signal, and still on my property. I zoomed in, and thought -- "that's impossible!" It located my phone in my BACK YARD, behind my home office where... where the TRACTOR WAS NOW PARKED!!!!

I went outside, the phone was NOT where I left it, but looking all around the tractor, I finally found it lodged in a crevice beside and beneath the seat. Dusty as all get-out, but fully functional!

I would probably have never even looked there again, because I had already looked on the mower deck, the floor deck... I thought I had looked everywhere on that tractor -- except where it was!

Have you ever successfully used "Find My Phone"?
      I have tested it and it is pretty accurate.

Second choice is to have someone call it and look around for the ringing phone.

Comment

Don't have one but am considering it...
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          I have tested it and it is pretty accurate.

Second choice is to have someone call it and look around for the ringing phone.
          Yeah, I had been in a meeting earlier, so it was on SILENT. Otherwise, yeah.

Still another option is to wait til it's really dark out, THEN call it, cause even if it's on silent, the screen lights up. (With my luck, it would be face down, just like the peanutbutter toast)
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment