Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Rogue's Comment: Assailant discouraged from instigation based on open carry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rogue's Comment: Assailant discouraged from instigation based on open carry

From: http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...led-Carry-Laws

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Why specifically concealed weapons and not just weapons? A potential assailant might be more discouraged from trying to instigate something if he could see from a distance that you're armed.
    I agree, this is more likely than a potential assailant trying to instigate, or trying to take your weapon. Or, even, continuing to commit whatever other crime they might have been planning.

However, I'm curious what you think about the impact open carry has on general public safety? Specifically the safety of those around the gun owner? Do you think it has a positive impact or a negative impact?

I didn't want to hijack CP's thread - There used to be rules about how to do this, but I don't remember them specifically.
    Your ability to find the silly in the serious will take you far.

I don't think that anyone openly carrying a weapon is more of a safety concern than someone carrying a concealed weapon.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I don't think that anyone openly carrying a weapon is more of a safety concern than someone carrying a concealed weapon.
      Even if they're carrying it legally?

Comment

I think this would be true in states where "open carry" was legal. If somebody is openly carrying a weapon where it is not permitted, he is already in violation of the law, and, therefore, communicating, intentionally or not, his lack of respect for the rule of law. I would deem him a threat.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Interesting open carry related article from this week in my neck of the woods...

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/christi...carry-n1784142

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            I think this would be true in states where "open carry" was legal. If somebody is openly carrying a weapon where it is not permitted, he is already in violation of the law, and, therefore, communicating, intentionally or not, his lack of respect for the rule of law. I would deem him a threat.
            My brother from a different mother is riiiiii. He is riiiiiigh. He is riiiiiiiiiiiiii. He isn't wrong -- for once.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Who was it that said, "An armed society is a polite society."?
              I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                Generally, Thomas Jefferson is credited with that, but what DIDN'T he say?
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Sheesh... Concealed carry grants yet another charge against Mr. Armed Robber. Also useful in areas where security is necessary. And on the public safety front, if Mr. Bad Guy has a weapon concealed he has a better chance of getting close to Miss Unsuspecting Victim before she starts screaming her head off (Yeah, yeah, I know - but that's not why women scream and run away when they see you, Rogue) - which mainly means having another charge to file and once in a blue moon catching Mr. Stupid Bad Guy before he hurts anyone because he does something to get himself frisked.
                  "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by Teallaura View Post
                    Yeah, yeah, I know - but that's not why women scream and run away when they see you, Rogue
                    Since I've dropped 30 lbs. the wimmenfolk are gettin frisky and flirty again

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
                      http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/qu...ahe100989.html

An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.

Robert A. Heinlein
                      No Silicon Heaven? Preposterous! Where would all the calculators go?

Comment

Ah, thank you much.
                        I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment