Announcement

Collapse

Health Science 101 Guidelines

Greetings! Welcome to Health Science.

Here's where we talk about the latest fad diets, the advantages of vegetarianism, the joy of exercise and good health. Like everywhere else at Tweb our decorum rules apply.

This is a place to exchange ideas and network with other health conscience folks, this isn't a forum for heated debate.
See more
See less

Date Rape Nail Polish?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Date Rape Nail Polish?

Sounds crazy at first glance but these guys are commendable for even trying:

Originally posted by Blaze
    Many have spoken out against the epidemic of sexual assault on college campuses, and many others have spoken out against the booze-fueled party culture in which sexual assaults often take place and the “progressivism” that blurs distinctions between different kinds of assault.
    While the pundits and policymakers debate the issue, four guys at North Carolina State University are doing something proactive (and unorthodox): inventing a nail polish that can detect date rape drugs.

Source
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Extremely commendable!
    3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

You beat me to it. I dunno... I don't drink, so I don't know how practical this idea is.
      Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Well, if you don't drink, you won't be slipped a mickey that way, anyway.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Most girls don't have a chem lab in their purse but all of us can wear nail polish. Dip in a finger every time you go back to it and not have to worry. Sounds very practical to me.
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
            Well, if you don't drink, you won't be slipped a mickey that way, anyway.
            Girls have had it slipped in soft drinks too.
            "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

When I saw the title of this thread, I thought, good grief, nail polish that contains a date-rape drug that is supposed to soak through the nail into the bloodstream. I found it hard to believe, and decided to check. Woo! Good it's the other way around.
              The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                Girls have had it slipped in soft drinks too.

in that case...wonder what they used to detect the stuff in different chemical makeups.

Comment

Apparently some feminists are upset about this because they say that it places the burden on women to avoid being victims rather than by teaching men not to commit date rape. It seems awfully naive to me to think that telling people not to commit crimes is a panacea for crime and that it is offensive to provide people opportunities such as self defense. Are they going to go discourage women from training in the martial arts for self defense next?
                  "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                    Apparently some feminists are upset about this because they say that it places the burden on women to avoid being victims rather than by teaching men not to commit date rape. It seems awfully naive to me to think that telling people not to commit crimes is a panacea for crime and that it is offensive to provide people opportunities such as self defense. Are they going to go discourage women from training in the martial arts for self defense next?
                    That's probably at least a bit of an exaggeration. They're most likely not upset about the color-changing nail polish itself.
                    Don't call it a comeback. It's a riposte.

Comment

Originally posted by Spartacus View Post
                      That's probably at least a bit of an exaggeration. They're most likely not upset about the color-changing nail polish itself.
                      From what I've seen there has at least been an acknowledgement that it was created with good intentions, yes.

Comment

Take a bottle of water with you and don't let it out of your sight.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                          Take a bottle of water with you and don't let it out of your sight.
                          Most places won't let you bring anything in. not even bottled water as you can't tell clear spirits apart from bottled water.

And as for not letting things out of your sight, a female friend of a female friend was out at a club (they were together with a groups of friends) got slipped something when someone tapped her on the shoulder and distracted her for a second, allowing someone else to put the drugs in her drink (which was a soft drink). what saved her was her friends being with her and realising she had been given something.
                          Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
                          1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
                          -Ben Witherington III

Comment

I guess the best thing to do is just stay home by yourself?

Comment

Don't go places you don't know...and always go with friends like Raphael mentioned.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X