Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional 09/03/2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional 09/03/2014

A Planting of Faith Seeds for the Glory of the LORD
    Becoming the person God created us to be…

A few days ago the Glory Seed started out with… “This morning are you finding yourself standing in a canyon surrounded by impossible situations, impossible goals. Is there something seemingly impossible to overcome holding you back preventing you from being the person or companion you know you can be? Have you lived your life in the shadows of impossibility?”

Yesterday I received an answer which you will find below. I have withheld the individuals name because it doesn’t really matter in many ways each and every one of us may have had similar experiences, I know I have. While the story below involves “branding comments” from others that may not always be the case. If we really stopped and analyzed our lives we’d probably find most of the “branding comments” have come from our day-to-day living. As you read my friends response please think about your own life experiences. (Note: I have made a few minor editing changes only.)

Hi Gary,

My answer to what you’re asking in your glory seed devotional is YES when I was a little boy at age 8 or 9 anyway doesn't matter I was in a Children's Hospital being tested I did some math & did puzzles & answer his questions. A few hours went by & the doctor told me that if I could live to be 12 & function normal I would be lucky because I could regress. He was trying to explain to mom & dad that if you don't have it now you’re not going to get it, so don't expect anything great cause it's not going to happen he will do nothing he's not smart enough nor will he ever be smart enough.

Growing up there was a person who told me that my income will never be bigger then what it is now when I ask why not they said I wasn't smart enough I don't have a good Education to get the good paying jobs. Well that's it my brother hope I answered your question right.

God Bless yah walk in the light of his Spirit.

(Name withheld)

Over the years there have been a great many things I’ve wanted to accomplish yet because I am who I am many of them remain impossible for me to do but I’m okay with that because the bible reassures me that… “Not all are apostles, are they? Not all are prophets, are they? Not all are teachers, are they? Not all are workers of miracles, are they? Not all have gifts of healing, do they? Not all speak with tongues, do they? Not all interpret, do they?” (1 Corinthians 12:29–30, LEB)

And not only that but… “But Yahweh said to Samuel, “Do not look at his appearance or at the height of his stature, because I have rejected him. For God does not see what man sees, for a man looks on the outward appearance, but Yahweh looks on the heart.” (1 Samuel 16:7, LEB)

Jesus reaches out and invites us to go with him and become the person God created us to be. Go! Believe! Experience! Live!

Grace and PEACE!
    Gary

“Turn to the LORD! He can still be found. Call out to God! He is near.” (Isaiah 55:6, CEV)

Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you’d like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

Scripture quotations marked (LEB) are from the Lexham English Bible. Copyright 2012 Logos Bible Software. Lexham is a registered trademark of Logos Bible Software.

Scripture marked CEV are taken from the Contemporary English Version © 1991, 1992, 1995 by American Bible Society, Used by Permission.

Amen Gary! True words.
    3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X