PDA

View Full Version : Game Thread: Retribution in Purgatory (A M&M 2e Campaign)



Pages : [1] 2

Chaotic Void
09-06-2014, 06:04 PM
Purgatory...

What comes to mind when you hear that word?

Does it invoke religious imagery? Of a spiritual half-way house where you’re scrubbed up just a little more before you enter true Paradise?

If so, you’re one of the lucky ones. For the rest of us, the word invokes a festering pustule of a city. A place where- if you’re lucky- you’re more likely to get your clock cleaned than your soul.

“How bad is it?” You ask. Let me put it his way: If there isn’t a mob racket in your neighborhood, then there’s likely a black market for highly advanced arms dealers to peddle their wares to the local gangs. If you’ve got neither of those, you’re not off the hook yet; there’s still sinister cultists committing atrocities in the name of their Dark Deity Du Jour.

“But what about the Authorities… Can’t they do anything?” Good Question. That depends on who you’re talking about. The local cops? There’s only so much the good cops can do, thanks to bureaucracy. The Feds? Good luck. They’ve got, ‘bigger fish to fry.’ Or as I like to put it, they prefer locking up perfectly good Supers for not being ‘registered’ as opposed to taking care of the real problems that plague our streets.

I don’t know about you, but I’m sick of this crap.

That’s why I’m putting together a group of supers. These guys will be independent, unbridled by corporate or government strings. That way, we can deal with the filth that likes to think it owns this town.

It’s time to free this city from the evil that has it chained. It's time to show the government that they're doing more harm than good by restricting Superheroes.

It’s time for…

***Retribution in Purgatory***
Issue 1: Hell's Welcoming Committee

July 15th, 10 PM
Just outside the Abandoned Construction Yard

“If you have received this message, then that means one thing: You have been selected as part of a special project... One that will attempt to purge this city of the depraved sociopaths that inhabit it.
If this is what you desire, come to the Abandoned Construction Yard near the outskirts of town. We’ve got some business to discuss.”

...So said the note that you mysteriously received. And apparently, you weren't the only one that received this message. It appears three of you received the same invitation, and the lot of you bumped into each other just outside the meeting place.

Spartacus
09-06-2014, 06:14 PM
The android demands: IDENTIFY.

Irate Canadian
09-06-2014, 06:18 PM
"I'm Cyberpunk. Identify yourselves!"

Spartacus
09-06-2014, 06:25 PM
this unit is programmed to identify as CROSS-FIRE.

Irate Canadian
09-06-2014, 06:28 PM
"Who do you belong to?"

Spartacus
09-06-2014, 06:36 PM
The answer is prompt and clear. ACCESS DENIED.

Irate Canadian
09-06-2014, 06:51 PM
"I'm guessing you recieved the same note I did?"

Spartacus
09-06-2014, 06:59 PM
PROCESSING... likely. The android turns to the other person present. IDENTIFY.

MaxVel
09-07-2014, 01:21 AM
The short brunette with the notebook and the feisty glint in her eyes looks the android up and down before replying.

"I'm Hel... ahh... ..Crusher. You're Cross-Fire, is that right?" She looks the android over once more: "I'm thinking you might not be, ah, fully human...?"



Turning to the other person (?) present, she introduces herself "Hi, I'm Crusher. And you're Cyberpunk, correct? Looks like we're the Three C's. If we can find a fourth member we could make a barbershop quartet." Despite the joke her expression is deadpan. "Unless you're here for something else...?"

Spartacus
09-07-2014, 07:39 AM
[I guess a description would be in order...]Cross-fire is generally humanoid in shape, but seems to be constructed entirely of synthetic parts, and given the narrowness of its joints, the proposition that it is a power suit seems quite absurd. Two optic sensors positioned on the head like eyes give off a dull red glow, and a small speaker positioned below these seems function as a mouth.

The bulkiness of the chest area and forearms suggest that these might serve as storage compartments for... something. Given that the robot has identified itself as "Cross-Fire," it's anyone's guess just what that something may be.

MaxVel
09-07-2014, 08:24 AM
Helen mentally kicked herself. Of course it's not human, dummy. Look at how it's built.

"So we all got a note - a note inviting us to this abandoned yard...?" She indicates the gates to the place with a glance in that direction.

"I'm thinking it's either a set-up or someone else is sick of the corruption in this town. I've made enough enemies that a set-up isn't that unlikely... ...although something that happened recently makes me less worried about facing something like that. How about you guys?"

Spartacus
09-07-2014, 09:52 AM
PROCESSING

likelihood of hostile ambush low

Chaotic Void
09-07-2014, 01:45 PM
A device on Cyberpunk's person suddenly lights up.

[Remind me, IC... what kind of device is this? I remember it being 'Hard to Lose' so perhaps it's wristband-like in nature? Also... does it speak, or just provide walls of text, or does it do either/or depending on circumstance?]

Irate Canadian
09-07-2014, 04:58 PM
A device on Cyberpunk's person suddenly lights up.

[Remind me, IC... what kind of device is this? I remember it being 'Hard to Lose' so perhaps it's wristband-like in nature? Also... does it speak, or just provide walls of text, or does it do either/or depending on circumstance?]

[It's a gauntlet with a wrist display. It does both depending on the circumstances.]

Chaotic Void
09-07-2014, 05:13 PM
Some text shows up on your monitor

SIR. PARDON MY INTERRUPTION, BUT I'M DETECTING SOME TRACES OF ADVANCED WEAPONRY IN THE VICINITY. ONE IS RIGHT ADJACENT TO US, THE REST ARE WITHIN THE CONSTRUCTION YARD.

Irate Canadian
09-07-2014, 05:19 PM
Cyberpunk looks at the other two people present.

"I've been informed there's some advanced weapons nearby. There's two options the way I see it. Option one: someone called us here to get rid of three 'pests' at the same time. The other option someone has geared up to join us...."

MaxVel
09-07-2014, 06:29 PM
Helen nodded her agreement: "Yep, I think that's pretty much the possibilities. I'd certainly describe myself as a 'pest' to the kind of corrupt and criminal people who run most of this city. Shall we get this over with?"

Helen starts to move towards the entrance to the yard.

MaxVel
09-07-2014, 06:30 PM
[Irate Canadian, what does Cyberpunk look like? Helen is a fairly petite brunette, shoulder length hair, usually with an expression of concentration on her face. She wears practical casual clothes and carries a small shoulder bag.]

Irate Canadian
09-07-2014, 06:56 PM
[Irate Canadian, what does Cyberpunk look like? Helen is a fairly petite brunette, shoulder length hair, usually with an expression of concentration on her face. She wears practical casual clothes and carries a small shoulder bag.]
[Black short hair, green eyes. As of right now, he's wearing a battlesuit which has a light blue color scheme....]

Chaotic Void
09-07-2014, 09:03 PM
As the party enters, they come into a wreck of a place.

To their left, a partially constructed Shopping Mall. It's two stories and there are lots of portions where there are gaping holes that seem to have been made over time. Some of the roof is even arched up, like a partially opened can.

In front of them, a concrete driveway leading into what appears to be an underground parking lot. The toll booth is shattered, leaving people to come and go as they please.

1949

Spartacus
09-07-2014, 10:01 PM
SCAN INITIATED

[infravision and x-ray vision through the structures.
Notice roll:7d20+9=16]

MaxVel
09-07-2014, 11:43 PM
Helen looks around, a bit nervously. There are too many places for someone to hide around here...

[Notice roll: 1d20 → [18] = (18) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4636148/) + 11* = 29 ]


* I'll have to check the book when I get home I've checked the book, and her bonus is 8 (skill ranks) +3 (INT 16) = +11

Chaotic Void
09-08-2014, 09:08 AM
[GM's note: Before I forget...]

ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED: Got the Ball Rolling! (Each party member gains 1 Hero Point for getting things in motion)

[Now that that's said and done...]

NOTICE CHECK RESULTS:

(Crusher)
You see plenty of open spots where people could be hiding (and thus, where they could jump you from)... through which you also spot some figures taking the scenic route towards you on the first floor

(Crossfire)
SCANNING... *ding*

SIX FIGURES LOCATED IN MALL. THREE ON TOP FLOOR, THREE ON BOTTOM.

FOUR FIGURES LOCATED IN PARKWAY SEVERAL METERS BELOW. APPROXIMATE FORMATION: CIRCLE. GIVEN THEIR ROBES, POSSIBILITY OF FIGURES MERELY SINGING KUMBAYA NONEXISTENT.

Irate Canadian
09-08-2014, 10:15 AM
"Either of you spot anything?"

Spartacus
09-08-2014, 12:16 PM
TEN UNIDENTIFIED FIGURES.

Then, indicating each area with one hand, THREE. THREE. FOUR.

PROCESSING

probability that present scenario intended by originator of invitation as test of individual and collective combat capabilities: HIGH

MaxVel
09-08-2014, 08:11 PM
Crusher HP:1

Helen gulps nervously when the android speaks.

"I see some people moving our way... on the first floor, over there." She indicates with a wave. "It could be an ambush."

"Listen, I...ah... ....I have some very urgent business to see to. I should go. Now." Helen waves a very hurried goodbye to her two new acquaintances, and starts scurrying towards the gate and safety. A dust devil stirs up the dirt and trash, momentarily obscuring her.

"I'll send my friend to help you, don't worry!" she shouts over her shoulder as the whirl of dust and litter obscures her.


"Hurrrr.... Is there a problem? You guys need a hand?" a massive figure, earth-coloured and heavily muscled, has risen out of the ground just to the right of CyberPunk. "I'm Crusher. Helen asked me to fill in for her. She's attending to an urgent matter.".

The voice is like James Earl Jones gargling gravel, but the vocabulary and diction are much more educated than you'd expect from Crusher's appearance.

"Ptth- taah! Darn grit always gets stuck in my throat..." Crusher spits a few pea-sized pebbles onto the ground.

Spartacus
09-08-2014, 08:30 PM
The short brunette with the notebook and the feisty glint in her eyes looks the android up and down before replying.

"I'm Hel... ahh... ..Crusher. You're Cross-Fire, is that right?" She looks the android over once more: "I'm thinking you might not be, ah, fully human...?"



Turning to the other person (?) present, she introduces herself "Hi, I'm Crusher. And you're Cyberpunk, correct? Looks like we're the Three C's. If we can find a fourth member we could make a barbershop quartet." Despite the joke her expression is deadpan. "Unless you're here for something else...?"


Crusher HP:1

Helen gulps nervously when the android speaks.

"I see some people moving our way... on the first floor, over there." She indicates with a wave. "It could be an ambush."

"Listen, I...ah... ....I have some very urgent business to see to. I should go. Now." Helen waves a very hurried goodbye to her two new acquaintances, and starts scurrying towards the gate and safety. A dust devil stirs up the dirt and trash, momentarily obscuring her.

"I'll send my friend to help you, don't worry!" she shouts over her shoulder as the whirl of dust and litter obscures her.


"Hurrrr.... Is there a problem? You guys need a hand?" a massive figure, earth-coloured and heavily muscled, has risen out of the ground just to the right of CyberPunk. "I'm Crusher. Helen asked me to fill in for her. She's attending to an urgent matter.".

The voice is like James Earl Jones gargling gravel, but the vocabulary and diction are much more educated than you'd expect from Crusher's appearance.

"Ptth- taah! Darn grit always gets stuck in my throat..." Crusher spits a few pea-sized pebbles onto the ground.

[:huh: ]

PROCESSING

protocols dictate verification of hostility prior to commencement of open violence

CRUSHER: gain their attention: this unit will provide covering fire if necessary

MaxVel
09-09-2014, 01:47 AM
Crusher HP:1


[:huh: ]

:teeth: It should make more sense in a while....


The granite figure nods, slowly, at the android's suggestion.

"OK. I'll get their attention."

Crusher strides forward a few paces, towards the remains of the mall. Cupping his hands he yells, in a voice that rumbles deeply like a clubber's subwoofer:

"Hey! We know you're in there, so you may as well come out!"

Irate Canadian
09-09-2014, 05:20 AM
Crusher HP:1




The granite figure nods, slowly, at the android's suggestion.

"OK. I'll get their attention."

Crusher strides forward a few paces, towards the remains of the mall. Cupping his hands he yells, in a voice that rumbles deeply like a clubber's subwoofer:

"Hey! We know you're in there, so you may as well come out!"

[He?]

MaxVel
09-09-2014, 05:26 AM
[He?]

[Or 'It']

Chaotic Void
09-09-2014, 08:57 AM
(Crusher)

All of a sudden, you hear some cursing and someone says, "Okay boys, let's take 'em down." Moments later, three goons in masks and dark clothing dart from the building. One hurls a fireball at you, another sends some sort of energy wave at you. Still another more muscular goon moves in from the rear and attempts to deck you.

To Hit...
Fireball: 17
Energy Wave: 7
Haymaker: 24
(It's a combined attack. Lemme know how many of them hit, if any, and roll Toughness)

Irate Canadian
09-09-2014, 10:14 AM
[I'm assuming all the attacks were for the rock hero?]

MaxVel
09-09-2014, 07:45 PM
(Crusher)

All of a sudden, you hear some cursing and someone says, "Okay boys, let's take 'em down." Moments later, three goons in masks and dark clothing dart from the building. One hurls a fireball at you, another sends some sort of energy wave at you. Still another more muscular goon moves in from the rear and attempts to deck you.

To Hit...
Fireball: 17
Energy Wave: 7
Haymaker: 24
(It's a combined attack. Lemme know how many of them hit, if any, and roll Toughness)



Crusher HP:1


Toughness Save: 1d20+8 → [12,8] = (20) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4638200/)


[Crusher has Def=6, so IIRC the Fireball and the Haymaker hit. Impervious Toughness 8, so anything less than that doesn't damage... At work, will check the book when I get home]

Chaotic Void
09-09-2014, 10:13 PM
(Crusher)

[GM's note: Yeah, anything less than your Impervious rank does no damage. However, their combined damage matches the rank.]

Toughness Save Results (DC 23): 20 (FAIL! Crusher has 1 Injury Mark)

As the energy blast whizzes past your head, the Fireball smacks you in the torso as the brute's sucker punch hits you in the side, leaving you with a hairline crack where the blow landed.

[The Party's Move]

1969

MaxVel
09-09-2014, 10:58 PM
Crusher HP:1


”So, they’re not friendly.” Crusher ruefully rubs the spot where he got hit.

”I guess that means we don’t have to be friendly either.”

Figuring that the thug nearest to him is going to be hardest for the other two to target, Crusher takes a mighty backhand swing.

”Payback time, wise guy.”


Initiative roll: 1d20 → [14] = (14) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4638336/) if needed.

Attack Roll: 1d20+8 → [19,8] = (27) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4638354/)

Chaotic Void
09-09-2014, 11:00 PM
(Crusher)

[GM's note: What's the Damage Rank/Save Type? And Lethal or Non? :grin:]

MaxVel
09-09-2014, 11:05 PM
[Oops - Damage Type same as theirs on Crusher... so Lethal, physical. Damage rank would be STR bonus (30 STR = ? I don't have my book at work)]

Chaotic Void
09-10-2014, 07:45 PM
(Crusher)

[Crusher has Attacked Grunt B! It hits!]

Toughness Save Results (DC 25): 16 (FAIL! Grunt B has been Slain!)

Your backhand hits the goon like a freight train, sending his shattered torso into a nearby wall, leaving his obviously shattered body in a heap.

[GM's note: Crossfire? Cyberpunk? You making moves? I'm not gonna do initiative for now... :wink:]

MaxVel
09-10-2014, 08:09 PM
Crusher HP:1


”Anyone else want some?” Crusher roars. ”You'd be better advised to talk to us. I don't pull my punches too good.”

Did I just kill that guy? Oh heck....


[I'm using italics for internal thoughts, colour and " " for speech]

Irate Canadian
09-10-2014, 08:15 PM
[How exactly do we attack again?]

Chaotic Void
09-10-2014, 08:22 PM
[How exactly do we attack again?]

[GM's note: You say what you're going to attack with, get within range/line of sight, roll 1d20 + your attack Bonus.]

Irate Canadian
09-10-2014, 08:34 PM
Cyberpunk moves to C18, pulls out his Cyber-Cannon and fires at the Enforcer!
Attack Roll-Blast 8/Ballistic Shot:1d20=19 + 8 = 27 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4639411/)

[Did I do this right?]

Chaotic Void
09-10-2014, 08:39 PM
Cyberpunk moves to C18, pulls out his Cyber-Cannon and fires at the Enforcer!
Attack Roll:1d20=19 + 8 = 27 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4639411/)
[Did I do this right?]

[GM's note: Yep. Just remember to specify the rank of the attack you're using (in which case, it would be Blast 8, unless it's your Cryo-Shot... in which case it's Blast 5 with a FORT save), and add whether it's Lethal Damage or Non-Lethal.]

Irate Canadian
09-10-2014, 08:43 PM
[-Device 3 ("CyberCannon". Easy to Lose)
--Blast 8 ("Ballistic Round")
AP Blast 5 ("Cryoshot." FORT Save)
DC 23 Toughness for Martial Arts/Cyber Shot.

I think my attack would be non-lethal... I'm not sure because it's a ballistic round...]

Irate Canadian
09-11-2014, 11:04 AM
[Lethal Damage, Blast 8]

Spartacus
09-11-2014, 03:52 PM
[Any chance I can aim an AoE blast through a window at the three mooks on the second floor?]

Chaotic Void
09-11-2014, 07:10 PM
(Cyberpunk)

[Cyberpunk shoots the Enforcer! It hits!]

Toughness Save Result (DC 23): 26(!*) (Success! Enforcer takes no Damage!)

Your bullets were aimed well... unfortunately, the harmlessly ricochet off of a force field that the thug seems to have. He glowers at you in response.

[*GM's notes: Typically, when there's a Natural 20/Critical Hit involved, I add an Exclamation Mark.]

(Crossfire)

[GM's note: I will allow it. Though, there's no need to fire through a window... there's plenty of torn open spots in the building to fire something into]

Spartacus
09-11-2014, 08:21 PM
[eh, the noobs on the second floor aren't a threat yet... or if they were, my x-ray vision would say so, yes?

Anyway...]

MISSION PARAMETERS SET: NO PRISONERS. NO WITNESSES.

Cross-fire's right arm opens up to reveal a fun-size railgun which he promptly aims and fires and fires and fires at the Enforcer.

[Blast 8 with rank 2 autofire, accurate attack+3
4d20+8+3=15 to hit, DC 20, +1 for every point above what's necessary to hit, up to 25.

Chaotic Void
09-11-2014, 09:05 PM
(Crossfire)

[Crossfire shoots at The Enforcer! Crossfire misses!]

Your arm-cannon's rounds whizz right by the target's body. He doesn't look amused.

(Bad Guys Group 1)

The Enforcer directs his hand towards Crossfire and makes a Clenching Motion (To hit: 19. Roll Grapple if hit.)
The remaining goon charges at Crusher and unleashes a Flaming Punch (To hit: 21. Roll Toughness if hit.)

Spartacus
09-11-2014, 09:08 PM
[15 on the die, 8 defense. miss.]

Chaotic Void
09-11-2014, 09:12 PM
[15 on the die, 8 defense. miss.]

[GM's note: In some games, they change the rule that you roll for Defense... but I go for the usual rule where you 'take 10' on Defense Rolls, similar to AC in D&D.]

Spartacus
09-11-2014, 09:40 PM
[in which case it'd hit, and I'm at +1 to grapple. You can either take the roll 15, or roll another for me. I'm out for the weekend, in any case.]

MaxVel
09-11-2014, 11:25 PM
Crusher HP:1

[Defense Bonus is +6, so that’s a hit. Crusher is at -I to Toughness saves due to being Injured (Unless the previous round has ended and he can make a Con check for recovery ??)]

Toughness Save (Impervious 8):1d20+7 → [12,7] = (19) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4640715/)

Chaotic Void
09-12-2014, 07:44 AM
(Crusher)

[GM's note: Yep. this is technically a new round, so you can make your Recovery check]

[Grunt B attacks Crusher! It hits!]

Toughness Save Result (DC 21): IMPERVIOUS! (Crusher Takes No Damage)

As the goon's flaming fist connects with a loud CRACK, your rock hide heats up for a brief moment, then cools right off.

Apparently, the crack was his fist.

(Crossfire)

[The Enforcer Attempts to Grapple with Crossfire!]

Grapple Results:
Crusher 16 vs Enforcer 26(!) (The Enforcer Wins!)

The thug's telekinetic grip elevates you up in the air about 60 Feet and leaves you dangling, like some sort of mechanical puppet.

Spartacus
09-12-2014, 07:46 AM
[assuming I get to act... what are the other 3 mooks up to?]

MaxVel
09-12-2014, 08:13 AM
Crusher HP:1

Con check for Recovery:1d20+8 → [6,8] = (14) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4640982/)

The hairline crack in Crusher's side, left after the goons' combined assault started the fight, closes as the rock around it seems to soften and glow with heat. A blackened 'scab', like the surface of recently cooled lava, is the only sign of the damage.

[I assume in your last GM post you meant Crossfire to be hoisted into the air??]




{If it's Crusher up next, he will use his move action to Teleport to behind the Enforcer, then take a swing at him. I'll post the text and rolls here, if it's not Crusher's move yet can they be used when it is...?}


With a low grinding rumble, Crusher sinks into the ground, disappearing out of sight...!

....only to emerge in a small cloud of dust, behind the Enforcer. Raising both hands clenched together, Crusher swings his clenched fists down at the Enforcer, like chopping wood.



Melee Attack:1d20+8 → [17,8] = (25), Damage 10, Lethal (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4640994/)

Chaotic Void
09-12-2014, 08:49 AM
[GM's note: yeah, I meant Crossfire. My bad. I was in a rush this morning for work. :doh:]

Chaotic Void
09-12-2014, 06:23 PM
(Crusher)

[Crusher attacks The Enforcer! It hits!]

Toughness Save Result (DC 25): 11 (FAIL! The Enforcer has been Slain)

Your fists connect with a loud "SPLAT," rendering him into a human-sized pancake. As you bring your hands up, you notice that the parts you used for business are covered in... Yellow?

[Crossfire and Cyberpunk... making moves?]

2013

Irate Canadian
09-12-2014, 07:36 PM
Cyberpunk moves to H18 and takes a shot with his Cyber-Cannon.

Attack Roll-Blast 8/Ballistic Shot:1d20=18+8=26 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4641773/)

Chaotic Void
09-12-2014, 07:50 PM
(Cyberpunk)

[Cyberpunk shoots Grunt A! It hits!]

Toughness Save (DC 23): 18 (FAIL! Grunt A is Slain!)

Your bullets pierce the goon's body, finishing him off with one square between the eyes. As he falls over backwards, his wounds... secrete yellow?

(Crossfire)

Toughness Save Results (DC 21): 23

As the Enforcer gets squashed, Crossfire falls from high up in the air. After a loud thud, the mechanical humanoid stands up unscathed.

Irate Canadian
09-12-2014, 07:53 PM
[Er, now what?]

Chaotic Void
09-12-2014, 08:07 PM
[GM's note: Well, there's the corpses of the goons you just offed. Plus, there's the guys in the second floor of the mall, and the weirdos in the underground parking lot. :wink:]

MaxVel
09-12-2014, 08:08 PM
Crusher HP:1

Crusher looks at his hands in confusion. Yellow...blood...??

"You guys OK? Something weird is going on. I don't think they were human."

Chaotic Void
09-14-2014, 09:22 PM
[GM's note: I'm just waiting for Spart to come back to make a move. I'm not comfortable controlling player characters beyond a non-fatal toughness save without permission]

Spartacus
09-15-2014, 01:41 PM
[and I'm back. Does Cross-fire notice anything about the goons in the other locations?]

Chaotic Void
09-15-2014, 04:59 PM
(Crossfire)

[Looks like the baddies in the building are approaching a tactical position in the top floor of the mall and checking their guns. The other guys in the undergound parkade, however... three of the four appear to be doing what they were before, and the other guy seems to be floating]

Spartacus
09-15-2014, 05:51 PM
Cross-fire indicates the area under which the weird floaty stuff is happening: ANOMALY DETECTED: RECOMMENDED MISSION OBJECTIVE: collapse ground above them

this unit will provide covering fire.

[Can I fire a radius blast into the building where it will hit all three?]

Chaotic Void
09-15-2014, 05:53 PM
Cross-fire indicates the area under which the weird floaty stuff is happening: ANOMALY DETECTED: RECOMMENDED MISSION OBJECTIVE: collapse ground above them

this unit will provide covering fire.

[Can I fire a radius blast into the building where it will hit all three?]

[GM's note: Go right Ahead.]

Spartacus
09-15-2014, 05:58 PM
A cannon emerges from an opened panel on Cross-Fire's chest and fires a glowing blue orb into the building.

[Cryonic Blast of an appropriate radius between 30 and 80 ft
18d20+8=26 to hit
DC 23 toughness]

Chaotic Void
09-15-2014, 06:12 PM
(Crossfire)

[Crossfire Attacks ???, ???, and ???! It hits!]

Reflex Save (DC 18) and Toughness Save (DC 23/DC 19)
??? 16 (Fail!)/10 (Fail! ??? Has been Slain!)
??? 25 (Success!)/23 (Success! ??? Takes no Damage)
??? 17 (Fail!)/8 (Fail! ??? Has been Slain)

As you blow the entire top floor of the building to shreds, you see three bodies come flying out a few meters from where you're all standing. Two of which are frozen and impaled by shrapnel. The third, and still alive, villain appears to have frosted armor, and very high-tech armor I might add, but they are otherwise unscathed.

He cocks his rifle and aims it towards you. "I may be the only one left, but I'm not going down without a fight."

(Bad Guys Group B)

He fires his rifle at Crossfire, a barrage of bullets flying from his RBG (Really Big Gun).
(To hit: 24. Roll Toughness if Hit)

Spartacus
09-15-2014, 06:22 PM
[toughness: 10d20+8=18. Ew.]

Chaotic Void
09-15-2014, 09:06 PM
(Crossfire)

[Operative B Shoots at Crossfire! It hits!]

Toughness Save Result (DC 21): 18 (Fail! Crossfire has 1 Injury Mark!)

As the Bullets spray upon your location, you feel a couple of them graze your outer hull. A little external damage, but you're still functional.

[Actions, Everyone?]

2033

Spartacus
09-15-2014, 09:38 PM
Cross-fire wordlessly fires his railgun at the operative:

[Blast 8, autofire 2
to hit: 19d20+8=27
DC 23 toughness, up to 28 for every point beyond what was necessary to hit]

Chaotic Void
09-15-2014, 09:44 PM
(Crossfire)

[Crossfire Blasts Operative B! It hits!]

Toughness Save Results (DC 28): 23 (FAIL! Enforcer B is Slain)

Your Fun-Sized Arm Cannon effortlessly tears the High-Tech mercenary and his Armor to Shreds in mere seconds.

...All that's left now- aside from the echoes of the shots- is silence.

[And the guys in the Parkade. :grin:]

Spartacus
09-16-2014, 05:19 AM
[It's only fair to let my teammates make a move before I make my third in a row... but if I wanted to, could I fire another icy explosion into that building to hit our creepy cultist compadres?]

Irate Canadian
09-16-2014, 05:33 AM
[Could I do the same with my Cybershot?]

MaxVel
09-16-2014, 06:52 AM
[And Crusher could blast them with dirt, too... It's not quite tarring and feathering...]


[When it's Crusher's turn, he will move the corner of the mall (g16), peer round and Blast the 'floating guy' in the underground bit...

Telekinesis: AP: Blast 8. Attack roll:1d20+8 → [19,8] = (27) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4645473/) Damage DC:23]

Spartacus
09-16-2014, 07:03 AM
[I'm currently the only one who can see them, thanks to my x-ray vision. I don't think either of you could attack them directly, but you could, as cross-fire recommended, try to bring the building down on their heads.]

MaxVel
09-16-2014, 07:07 AM
[Hmmm... Crusher could maybe detect them with Tremorsense, if he knew where to look... GM's call...?]

Irate Canadian
09-16-2014, 07:10 AM
1d20+8=15 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4645502/)
Cyberpunk takes a cryo-shot at the building.

Spartacus
09-16-2014, 07:12 AM
[you could maybe detect the three chanting guys, but I think by definition someone that's floating in the air would elude your tremorsense.]

MaxVel
09-16-2014, 07:16 AM
[Yeah :doh:]

Chaotic Void
09-16-2014, 08:36 AM
[GM's notes: Folks... The goons are several meters underground. They're likely near the bottom of the Underground Parking lot. :wink:]

Irate Canadian
09-16-2014, 08:58 AM
[Can I redirect my attack to the garage then?]

Chaotic Void
09-16-2014, 10:07 AM
[Can I redirect my attack to the garage then?]

[GM's note: What exactly are you planning to do?]

Irate Canadian
09-16-2014, 10:25 AM
[GM's note: What exactly are you planning to do?]

[Fire a cryo shot into the garage.]

Spartacus
09-16-2014, 12:01 PM
[Fire a cryo shot into the garage.]

[to do what, exactly? What are you aiming at?]

Irate Canadian
09-16-2014, 12:13 PM
[Argh, had a brainfart...sorry about that. Disregard my previous actions.]

Spartacus
09-16-2014, 12:25 PM
[Would it be possible for me to fire an explosion into the garage that would hit the group?

If not, my old recommendation-- to blast the building's structural supports-- still stands, and I imagine I could probably take aim at one of those.]

Chaotic Void
09-16-2014, 08:53 PM
[GM's note: As I said, the Cultists are several meters below ground. Unless you took the "Ricochet" Power Feat a few times, you don't have a chance to hit them from where you are.

You can take out the Entrance if you like. Your call, folks. :shrug:]

Spartacus
09-16-2014, 09:51 PM
PROCESSING...

blast radius insufficient. revised tactic: reposition. collapse ceiling directly above targets.

CONFIRM or REJECT

Cross-fire seems to be waiting for a response.

MaxVel
09-17-2014, 05:48 AM
Crusher HP:1

"So, are there any more out there? We seem to have dealt with theses guys pretty much. If they were guys at all, that is..." Crusher asks Cross Fire and Cyberpunk, as he can't see anyone else, but they seem to be targeting someone or something.

Spartacus
09-17-2014, 06:32 AM
[I'm the only one who sees them. It's up to both of you whether your characters believed me that there are four people in the parking garage and that there is something anomalous occurring.

Could I get an updated map with their approximate location?]

Irate Canadian
09-17-2014, 06:33 AM
"According to Cross-Fire, there's four people in the Garage...."

MaxVel
09-17-2014, 07:46 AM
Crusher HP:1


"OK, sounds like a fair fight. Let's go get them, then." Crusher begins to move towards the garage entrance, keeping to the left so that Cross Fire and Cyberpunk can still see their targets.


[Moving to nearer the entrance (say J10 ???) hopefully helpfully possibly drawing fire]

Chaotic Void
09-17-2014, 08:43 AM
[I'm the only one who sees them. It's up to both of you whether your characters believed me that there are four people in the parking garage and that there is something anomalous occurring.

Could I get an updated map with their approximate location?]

[GM's note: They're in the Area of H15 and J17... Several Meters underground. I'd have to make a 3d map to include them in this current setup]


(Crusher)

[Roll Notice to listen.]

Spartacus
09-17-2014, 10:59 AM
[They were right below us the whole time? Why didn't you say so earlier? :huh: It seems like my suggested plan of collapsing the ceiling on them would have worked just fine, but I thought they were in the 2-4 area or something]

MaxVel
09-17-2014, 08:28 PM
Crusher HP:1

Notice check (Listen): 1d20+3 → [1,3] = (4) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4647778/)

Crusher walks across the lot, his heavy footfall grinding on the rough surface.

[Crusher hears… …rocks growing! :lol:]

Chaotic Void
09-17-2014, 08:44 PM
(Crusher)

Listen Check Results: CRITICAL FAILURE!

*CRUNCH!* *CRUNCH!* *CRUNCH!* Beyond your clomping around, you're barely able to hear anything.

[GM's note: Sorry, Spart. I figured "Several Meters Below" was clear enough. My Bad.]

Spartacus
09-17-2014, 08:45 PM
[would it be possible to break a hole in the ceiling so that others can attack through it?]

Spartacus
09-17-2014, 08:49 PM
[also, looking at Crusher's character sheet, it seems as though the telekinesis or teleportation might be able to have an interesting effect on the parking lot.]

Chaotic Void
09-17-2014, 08:53 PM
[would it be possible to break a hole in the ceiling so that others can attack through it?]

[GM's note: You'd have to dig through, but I wouldn't stop you from trying. Just remember what I said about 'Several Meters.' More than two, but not a HUGE amount. :wink:]

MaxVel
09-17-2014, 08:55 PM
[Yep. Crusher should be able to move a fair bit of ground if needed - the problem is that he doesn't know what's needed]

Chaotic Void
09-21-2014, 05:59 PM
[GM's note: :bump:

So whatcha gonna do? :grin:]

Spartacus
09-21-2014, 06:14 PM
PROCESSING...

[are there any electrical lights on in the battle area? Is there an incandescent glow from the parking lot entrance?]

Chaotic Void
09-21-2014, 06:19 PM
[GM's note: There is minimal lighting outside. As for the lighting at the parkade... Roll notice, Please.]

Spartacus
09-21-2014, 06:27 PM
[2d20+9=11. Pointing out that I have infravision may or may not be helpful.]

Chaotic Void
09-21-2014, 06:29 PM
(Crossfire)

[Notice Check Results...]

You notice some very faint heat signatures along the wall. Yep, there's definitely lighting there. However, it seems to be flickering erratically (it wasn't before, when you were looking into the facility earlier).

Spartacus
09-21-2014, 06:35 PM
[oh boy.]

possible electrical disturbance detected. PRIORITY: disrupt ceremony. Aim together at levitating target at earliest opportunity.

Cross-fire follows Crusher toward the entrance.

Spartacus
09-21-2014, 07:59 PM
[GM's note: You'd have to dig through, but I wouldn't stop you from trying. Just remember what I said about 'Several Meters.' More than two, but not a HUGE amount. :wink:]

[I would like to point out for future reference that my character has Distance Sense.]

MaxVel
09-22-2014, 06:11 AM
Crusher HP:1

Crusher continues moving towards the entrance, picking up the pace at Cross-Fire's warning.

"What ceremony? How many people can you detect down there?"


[Open to suggestions for action from Cross-Fire and Cyberpunk - since Crusher doesn't really know what's going on, all he can do is introduce his head to the hornet's nest...]

Spartacus
09-22-2014, 08:30 AM
four total targets chanting in circle. one target levitating.

[and since Cross-fire is as terse as the day is long, it can't explain it. Hello, CHA 6.]

Irate Canadian
09-22-2014, 07:03 PM
[Are we dead yet?]

Chaotic Void
09-22-2014, 09:33 PM
[Are we dead yet?]

[GM's note: Not yet, but people may come down with a random case of Speedboats if something doesn't happen soon. :wink:]

Spartacus
09-22-2014, 09:36 PM
[Max and I are going toward/down the ramp. Dunno what IC's gonna do.]

Cross-fire continues down into the parking lot entrance.

Irate Canadian
09-23-2014, 04:16 AM
[Speedboats?]
Cyberpunk walks along with the other heroes.

Chaotic Void
09-23-2014, 08:49 AM
As you trek down, you hear some... unnatural chanting. Once you get to your mark, you see three people standing around another, the latter of which seems to be levitating. All these wackos are dressed in dark green robes with a brown trim. The floating weirdo has his hood down, and he has some sort of weird hairdo... it's a yellow mohawk, and it's... Glowing?!

All of a sudden, the chanting stops.

*SSSSSSSSSLUUUURP!!!*

The floating cultist's hairdo sloppily slurps up his body (like if bigfoot just packed down an entire mountain of spaghetti). After some rather disgusting crunching and munching, the hairdo grows to something human size and spherical and rests on the floor. The cultists seem to enamored with their 'blessing' to notice you.

"Praise be to the Tangled One."

"May his follicles ever embrace the world."

"Indeed."

[You've got one action each folks. Make it count.]

2098

Spartacus
09-23-2014, 08:56 AM
[... Hairthulu cultists. :rofl: ]

Coordinated attack on primary target

[minimum (30-ft) radius cryonic blast, centered on the hairball. Combined attack with the team if possible.

[7d20+8=15, DC 23 :frown: ]

[also, what does my enhanced vision reveal about the makeup of the hairball?]

Chaotic Void
09-23-2014, 09:02 AM
[GM's Note: Roll Notice... and roll Will, if you please. :grin:]

Spartacus
09-23-2014, 09:05 AM
[will: 13d20+7=20
notice: 8d20+9=17

FWIW, I don't think Cross-fire would ever turn his visual sensors off to begin with. I kind of expect him to be able to passively notice some of this stuff.]

Chaotic Void
09-23-2014, 09:36 AM
(Crossfire)

[Will Save results: Success! Crossfire is unharmed!]

[Notice Check Results]

As you investigate the massive hairball... it appears to have its own internal organs and digestive tract... and it seems to be growing arms and legs as well.

MaxVel
09-23-2014, 05:42 PM
Crusher HP:1

If he had hair, it would be on end. Whatever that yellow hair thing was, it had teeth, and liked the taste of people. Which meant Crusher’s duty was to stop it. By force. Hard.

Cross-Fire ‘suggested’ in his robotic way that they all attack at once.

”Yeah. Let’s get on it.”

Crusher concentrated on the ceiling just above the hair beast. Somehow the concrete of the structure spoke to him, dimly, echoes of ancient mountains now gone. Raising both hands together, then bringing them down and apart in a sweeping motion, Crusher called what once was rock to drop down, hard.

A concrete slab dropped down, like a hammer, aimed at squashing the hair beast.

Earth Control: AP: Blast 8. Attack roll: 1d20+8 → [3,8] = (11) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4654117/)



[Uh, yeah, that's probably not going to hit... Lethal Damage DC 23 if it does by some miracle.]

Chaotic Void
09-24-2014, 08:38 AM
(Cyberpunk)

[GM's note: You joining the Combined Attack, IC?]

Irate Canadian
09-24-2014, 10:55 AM
[yep,just give me some time.]

Irate Canadian
09-24-2014, 11:01 AM
1d20+8=13 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4654980/)
[Lethal Round, DC 23 Toughness]

Spartacus
09-24-2014, 11:16 AM
1d20+8=13 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4654980/)
[Non-Lethal Cryo Round, DC 20 FORT]

[in order for a combined attack to work, you have to be targeting the same type of save. We're targeting toughness, you're targeting FORT.]

Irate Canadian
09-24-2014, 11:38 AM
[in order for a combined attack to work, you have to be targeting the same type of save. We're targeting toughness, you're targeting FORT.]
[Ah ok,editing.]

Chaotic Void
09-24-2014, 09:25 PM
[The Team Attacks the ??? Only Crossfire Hits!]

Toughness Save Results (DC 23): 13 (VILLAIN POINT USED! Reroll!) 20 (Fail! ??? Has 1 Injury Mark!)

Cultists Reflex/Toughness Save Results (DC 18 and DC 23/19)
A 10 (Fail!) and 11 (Fail! Cultist A is Slain!)
B 19 (Success!) and 20 (Success! Cultist B Takes no Damage!)
C 10 (Fail!) and 21 (Fail! Cultist C is Slain!)

Amist the Cryo bomb, Bullets and Falling Earth, a cloud of Smoke emerges. After the dust settles, all that remains is one VERY lucky cultist, and one VERY Angry (and slightly injured) Hair Monster.

Speaking of the hair monster, it's now standing on two feet. And it's got massive arms to boot. It eyes you all, murder practically dripping from its eyeball sockets.

The Cultist shimmies over to E12, launching some sort of... Flaming Hairball?... Towards Crossfire (To hit: 11. Roll Toughness if hit)

The Hair Monster charges towards the party and slams its massive hands together, sending a huge shockwave towards the party.

(Roll Reflex and Toughness, Folks.)

Spartacus
09-24-2014, 09:37 PM
[Flaming hairball misses

reflex: 12
toughness: 22]

[assuming Cross-fire survived that, mini-railgun attack against the demon-hair thingie
12d20+8=20 to hit, DC23, up to 28 for every point above its defense]

MaxVel
09-25-2014, 06:17 AM
Crusher HP:1

Reflex Save:1d20 → [19] = (19) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4655792/)

Toughness Save:1d20+8 → [11,8] = (19) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4655793/)


{Heh. Same result, but second roll has a +8 bonus on the first roll}

Irate Canadian
09-25-2014, 10:55 AM
Toughness Save:1d20+8=27 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4656110/)

Irate Canadian
09-25-2014, 10:58 AM
Reflex Save:1d20+7=9 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4656056/)

Chaotic Void
09-25-2014, 08:51 PM
Reflex Save (DC 15)
Crossfire 12 (Fail! Full Damage)
Cyberpunk 9 (Fail! Full Damage)
Crusher 19 (Success! Half Damage)

Toughness Save (DC 20/DC 18)
Crossfire 22 (Save! No Damage)
Cyberpunk 27 (Save! No Damage)
Crusher .. (IMPERVIOUS! No Damage)

As the party gets tossed around by the shockwave (save for Crusher, who vanishes into the ground with unnatural speed), they get a mild assortment of bumps and bruises but otherwise emerge unscathed.

(Crossfire)

[Crossfire Shoots The Hairball! It hits!]

Toughness Save Results (DC 28): 27-1= 26 (Fail! Hairball has 2 Injury Marks!)

The mini-railgun's rounds pierce the hide(?) of the creature, causing it to bleed (and get a little angrier towards you).

[GM's note: Crusher, Cyberpunk. Your moves.]

Spartacus
09-25-2014, 09:17 PM
PROCESSING: prioritize POWER over ACCURACY

[that means power attack if you can. This thing seems to have low defense (the only reason the combined attack didn't work was you both rolled disastrously low) but high toughness. For some silly reason, Cross-fire doesn't have power attack, though, so :shrug:

Or perhaps a character with an actual charisma score could suggest another combined attack for the two of you]

MaxVel
09-26-2014, 05:11 AM
Crusher HP:1


Throwing a massive punch Crusher roars "Time to cut you down to size, freak!", oblivious to both the irony and the bad pun.


Melee Attack Roll:1d20+8 → [19,8] = (27) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4657224/) Damage DC:25 if it hits. :smug:

Chaotic Void
09-26-2014, 08:27 AM
(Crusher)

[Crusher Punches The Hairball! It hits!]

Toughness Save Results (DC 25): 13-2 = 11 (Fail! The Hairball is Staggered and Disabled!)

While Crusher may be oblivious to the horrible, horrible pun... The Hairball was not, and thus was caught off guard when your punch landed. The haymaker strikes the monster with intense force, sending it back a few feet and causing it to bleed profusely.

[GM's note: Waiting on you, Cyberpunk]

Irate Canadian
09-26-2014, 08:44 AM
Cyberpunk shoots at the Hairball.
1d20+8=21 (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4657416/)
[Lethal, DC 23]

Chaotic Void
09-26-2014, 08:52 AM
(Cyberpunk)

[Cyberpunk shoots the Hairball! It hits!]

Toughness Save Results (DC 23): 11-2=9 (FAIL! The Hairball has been slain)

The array of bullets connect with what you believe are the beast's vital areas. It lets out a bowel-empyting roar, and then collapses in a heap. A bloody, hairy heap. Great... that' not a smell you're going to get out of your nostrils anytime soon.

[Morale Check: Fail!]

The lone cultist starts to panic. "N-n-n-no... p-pleeease... spare me. I'll tell you an-an-yth--- GAACK!" All of a sudden he starts convulsing as he flops around on the floor like a fish out of water. After a few twitches, the cultist's body remains lifeless on the ground.

Spartacus
09-26-2014, 10:03 AM
Cross-fire scans the battlefield for any remaining life forms.

Chaotic Void
09-26-2014, 10:30 AM
(Crossfire)

You don't see any more life forms in the area in front of you, but turning around, you see a figure coming down from the parkade entrance. He's wearing a black trench coat and combat boots, along with some cargo pants. He's holding a pipe in what appears to be his mouth (this fellow doesn't seem to have the usual skin tones of a human... his skin- if it could be called that- is an ever changing mix of dark purples, greens, blues and black. The only constant thing about this guy is that his eyes are white without pupils and his hair is long, black, and ponytailed).

He stops at the entrance. He takes some puffs of his pipe as he watches the party.

Spartacus
09-26-2014, 05:14 PM
Cross-fire turns around and takes a full-round action to aim his railgun at the interloper.

IDENTIFY

[presumably that clues C and C into the fact that there is someone else in the area]

MaxVel
09-26-2014, 07:55 PM
Crusher HP:1

Crusher heaves a sigh of relief when the hair thing collapses. "I'd shake your hands, guys, but this gunk ain't going to wash out easily. Pity that last cultist didn't survive... I wonder if something killed him...?" Crusher is loooking at the dead cultists when Cross-Fire speaks. Turning around, he sees the cyborg aiming his gun at someone.

"Oh brother, not more bad guys...? Who are you?"

Chaotic Void
09-26-2014, 08:57 PM
The figure takes another puff of his pipe and he replies, "You might want to put that pea-shooter down, Tin Man." He motions to Crossfire. "Someone might get hurt."

He takes a moment to re-light his pipe, striking the match alongside his face. "Before I tell you who I am, I'm going to take an educated guess as to who you are. Based on the body count- not to mention the nature of these bodies- I've seen, you're the folks who got my little memo."

MaxVel
09-26-2014, 09:12 PM
Crusher HP:1

Crusher looks the man up and down before replying. "We didn't come here for the shopping, that's for sure. You might want to switch to using a lighter, by the way. Those matches look to be doing bad things to your complexion."

Chaotic Void
09-26-2014, 09:57 PM
The man's eyes focus on you for a second, and he gives a short chuckle, "Whatever you say... Well, if this little smackdown really was your doing, I'm impressed. You're going to help me do good things for this city."

Spartacus
09-26-2014, 10:51 PM
identification sufficient. suggestion: relocation prior to debriefing

Cross-fire's arm cannon returns to its storage compartment.

MaxVel
09-26-2014, 10:53 PM
Crusher HP:1


"Well I think we're all here for the same goal, then. This town needs someone with the gumption to clean it up. I may not look like much, but I'm not letting this place go any farther down the sewer." Helen spoke with the conviction and resolution that had made her a campaigning journalist, forgetting that she was, to others' eyes, a nine-foot, 2,000lb chunk of living rock with blood and gunk dripping from her fists.
"But maybe this is not the wisest place to have this conversation...?"

Chaotic Void
09-27-2014, 04:04 PM
The figure nods in agreement, "You're right... this place isn't an appropriate spot for this kind of dialogue. Step into my office." He secures his pipe into his mouth and claps his hands rhythmically. Moments later, a portal appears in a nearby wall and he beckons you to follow as he steps in.

Spartacus
09-27-2014, 06:03 PM
Cross-fire proceeds through the portal.

Irate Canadian
09-28-2014, 06:46 AM
Cyberpunk does the same.

MaxVel
09-28-2014, 07:54 AM
Likewise Crusher.

Chaotic Void
09-29-2014, 10:13 AM
As the party travels through the portal, they find themselves in a small building. You're not sardines, but it's still a slightly awkward fit. The figure looks at your discomfort and replies, "Sorry about that. One moment." He snaps his fingers and the building seems to expand to a much more accommodating size.

"Welcome to my own little slice of paradise. It's a dimensional rift that only I- and whomever I give permission- have authority to access. Speaking of which," he rifles through his pockets before giving you each a small pendant with a purple stone in it, "these are yours; they give you permission to travel to this rift. However, they have limitations: First and foremost, you need to be by a wall for them to work. Second of all, they require a 24 hour recharge time between each use. How's that work? Well, You can basically come here for a bit, leave, and then you have to wait 24 hours."

He motions to a table with three folders, "There's your targets. All the information I have on them is currently within those three folders. Take a look at 'em and see me when you decide who you want to drop first."

As he goes to a door marked, 'MY room,' he turns around slightly and says, "By the way, the name's Nexus."

CHAPTER 1 (Hell's Welcoming Committee!) COMPLETE!

Rewards:
"Hardly Hellish, Even With Relish..." - The party gains 3 Power Points for completing this mission and dropping their would-be assailants.

[Put this Under "Equipment":
-"Rift Pendant" (Dimensional Super-Movement 1. Requires Wall and 24-hour Recharge between uses)

Also... YAY! You have a Headquarters now! It's basically got everything you need (tinker room, database, infirmary, the usual), so I won't bother going into detail.]

Spartacus
09-29-2014, 03:18 PM
REQUEST FOR CLARIFICATION: Twenty-four hours from initial activation of pendant-- or from departure

Chaotic Void
09-29-2014, 03:23 PM
[GM's note: 'after you leave (the rift)']

Irate Canadian
09-29-2014, 03:47 PM
Cyberpunk goes and takes a look at the three folders on the Table.

Spartacus
09-29-2014, 03:58 PM
Cross-fire joins in the mission folder reading thing.

MaxVel
09-29-2014, 07:30 PM
Crusher HP:1


Crusher blinks in surprise at finding himself in a new dimension... "This guy sure has some weird powers... Is he even human at all? And can we really trust him...?", her suspicious journalist instincts kick in almost straight away. She takes the pendant in one large fist, thinking she should get a longer chain for it, and nods understanding as Nexus explains the set-up.


Once Nexus has left, Crusher goes over to the table with the others to check the files.

Chaotic Void
09-29-2014, 09:10 PM
Looking through the files, you gain a quick sampling of what kind of depraved nutbars you're up against.


***

2189
The Syndicate

Known Crimes: Murder, Extortion, Import/Export/Manufacture of Illegal Substances
Known Operatives: Don Tommy (No known powers, beyond being an able marksman), The Snowman (Cold Controller), and The Phantom (Shadow Psychic), Various Grunts with Various Powers

The Lowdown:
These guys are your standard-issue crime gang. ‘Protection’ Rackets, Drug Deals, Killing people… these guys have done it all. The major gangs in Purgatory were originally pretty fragmented, but their new Leader- Don Tommy- seems to have done the impossible and got them all united. Whatever’s got them all on the same page has got a lot of people nervous.

***
2190

The Strands of Hairthulu

Known Crimes: Murder, Human Trafficking, Theft
Known Operatives: Strands (basic Cultists), Hairballs (Monstrous Entities made from a Willing Strand and a Ritual)
The Lowdown:
Ah, the Strands… these guys have been kicking around for quite some time. What they lack in uniqueness- seriously, they’re just a bunch of creepy cultists with a hair schtick- they make up for in numbers. Their cult seems to be growing on a daily basis. Who runs this pseudo-religious loony bin and why they seem obsessed with Purgatory is beyond me.

***
2191

The Brood
Known Crimes: Murder, Assassination, Corporate Espionage, Illegal Arms Manufacture/Shipping
Known Operatives: Viper (Power Armor), Cobra (Advanced Sniper Rifle), Fang (Explosives Expert), Dr. Mongoose (Illusion Mastery)

The Lowdown:
These guys are Mercenaries, pure and simple. One minute they sell you R&D stuff or weapons, the next they’ll rip the fruits of your labor from your cold, dead hands; ‘Whatever’s Profitable’ is the adage. However, there is one weird thing about them: While most mercs will sell their services to the highest bidder, The Brood has been known to be rather picky about which contracts they’ll fulfill.

***

MaxVel
09-29-2014, 09:20 PM
Crusher HP:1

Crusher reads the files with a sense of nervous anticipation, not much alleviated once he sees who they're going to try and take down.

”Well, this ain't the Little League, that's for sure. They're all dangerous, but I think that maybe the Syndicate is the key group. If they keep getting the gangs together they'll be pretty hard to stop. Disorganised crime is bad enough, but organised crime...”
Crusher lets the thought tail off.

”What do you guys think? Where should we start?”

Spartacus
09-29-2014, 09:35 PM
no preference

MaxVel
09-30-2014, 07:25 PM
Crusher HP:1



”OK. Do you have any strategic planning circuitry?” Crusher asks the android.

”Say we go after the Syndicate first, any thoughts on how to approach the job?”

Spartacus
09-30-2014, 07:42 PM
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE: compromise integrity of target organization SYNDICATE

objective requires eliminating means used to unite gangs.

MaxVel
09-30-2014, 07:51 PM
Crusher HP:1



Crusher thinks for a moment, trying to parse what the android is saying, before replying ”So... You're saying we should target the leader.. this 'Don Tommy' guy?

That makes sense - and maybe we could find a way of removing him without actually killing him. If he lost credibility with the other crims, he couldn't unite them...”

Spartacus
09-30-2014, 07:56 PM
insufficient data

MaxVel
09-30-2014, 08:04 PM
Crusher HP:1



”Well, there is that. Once we're back in the real world, I... I mean my friend, Helen, uh, she could maybe do some investigation.”

Spartacus
09-30-2014, 08:27 PM
recommend greater precautions in maintaining secret identity

MaxVel
09-30-2014, 08:35 PM
Crusher HP:1


If Crusher could blush, he would. ”Uh... What secret identity? You've figured it out already?”

Spartacus
09-30-2014, 08:39 PM
[your little reporter called herself Crusher right off the bat.]

human female self-identified as crusher

MaxVel
09-30-2014, 08:45 PM
Crusher HP:1


”Oh drat. Any chance you could, err, delete that from your memory?”

Spartacus
09-30-2014, 08:53 PM
immediately engaging secret identity memory modification protection protocols would complicate current conversation. protocols will engage after target selection.

MaxVel
09-30-2014, 09:15 PM
Crusher HP:1



”Uh, OK, I think that will work.” Crusher heaves a sigh of relief, blowing half the papers off the table. Crouching down, he tries to pick them up, but rock fists aren't made for delicate work, and they are returned to the table somewhat worse for wear.

”Boy, figuring out this android is worse than using Siri on my phone.” Crusher mutters to himself, before realising that the android probably has better hearing than a human.

”Heh... ahh, if you heard that, could you delete it too? I didn't mean to offend or anything, you're way smarter than my smartphone. I mean, you probably don't get confused when giving directions...” Crusher realizes that he's just digging the hole deeper, and stops mid-sentence.

Chaotic Void
09-30-2014, 09:28 PM
Cyberpunks armband lights up, and a robotic voice is heard.

"MASTER. I HAVE BEEN RUNNING MY CRIMINAL FORECAST ALGORITHM, AND THE RESULTS ARE IN: EACH GROUP BRINGS THEIR OWN BRAND OF CRIME AND DISORDER TO THIS CITY. WHENEVER YOU ELIMINATE A GROUP, A POWER VACUUM WILL SURELY BE CREATED. THE REMAINING GROUPS WILL CERTAINLY CAPITALIZE ON THAT AND EXTEND THEIR REACH. HOWEVER, SPREADING EFFORTS AMONG THE THREE WILL GIVE THEM TOO MUCH TIME TO LICK THEIR WOUNDS AND DO DAMAGE CONTROL. THUS, I WOULD ADVISE FOCUSED EFFORTS WITH PLANS FOR THE LONG-TERM."

Spartacus
09-30-2014, 09:40 PM
[I do indeed have a high Notice check :teeth:]

Cross-fire simply states: this unit is not programmed to take offense. Navigational assistance is included in tactical protocols.

then, in response to the gauntlet: programming suggests strategic analysis is sound.

Spartacus
09-30-2014, 09:51 PM
moderate likelihood that close analysis of criminal agendas will suggest ways to manipulate gangs

[We have always been at war with eastasia...]

MaxVel
10-01-2014, 06:44 PM
Crusher HP:1


Crusher listens as Cyberpunk's armband gives it's advice. ”Yeah, that makes sense. Focus on one group - if we start on all three we may get overwhelmed by problems. My idea is to see if we can get these three groups going at each other, get them to clean up the place themselves, or failing that, at least get the Syndicate to break up back into smaller gangs.”

Crusher paces the room, thinking out loud ”The Hair cultists seem the least dangerous, but I wonder if it's like an infection. If we let it spread too much... And there must be some source of it, we should focus on trying to get some cultists to talk, try and find out what the source is. The Brood seem to have an agenda, or at least some principles. They turn down some work - we should look at what contracts they refused and see if we can figure out why. That might give us a line of attack on them.”


[Mainly filling in time, waiting for Irate...]

Irate Canadian
10-05-2014, 04:37 PM
I agree.

Chaotic Void
10-05-2014, 05:59 PM
[So, it's agreed you're going after The Syndicate, then?]

Spartacus
10-05-2014, 11:20 PM
[sure. Works for me.]

MaxVel
10-06-2014, 12:16 AM
[Is there anything more in the files on the Syndicate other than what you've posted? If not, Crusher will knock on Nexus' door to let him know...]

Chaotic Void
10-06-2014, 01:34 PM
[GM's note: Nope. That's all she wrote. By the by... anyone going to spend those Power Points they just earned?]

(Crusher)

You knock on the door and hear a gruff, "Come in." As you enter, you see Nexus resting in a reclining chair, ever vigilantly smoking his pipe.

"So... you guys come to a decision yet?"

Spartacus
10-06-2014, 05:02 PM
primary target: Syndicate

MaxVel
10-06-2014, 05:52 PM
Crusher HP:1


Crusher nods in agreement with the robot thug-smasher:

”Yep, we figure the Syndicate is the best place to start.” he says, with more confidence than he feels.


[Planning to spend some pp on adding turn about to the Teleport power; and maybe Notice skill for Crusher, or an AP to the Earth Control (something like Obscure, some area effect/battlefield control power probably). Will confirm when I'm at home with my books..]

Chaotic Void
10-06-2014, 08:25 PM
"Very Well... In which case, I've got your first assignment."

He sifts through some papers on a nearby desk and hands one to you. "It's a fairly straightforward one... I've been given a tip that the Syndicate is moving something tonight. Whether it be Guns, Drugs, or something else, I don't know. I want you to head down to the storage warehouses and intercept them."

You look at the paper and it has, "Larson's S&H. #32H" crudely scrawled on it.

MaxVel
10-07-2014, 07:20 AM
Crusher HP:1

"Sweet. Let's mess up their plans. If we can capture someone we might be able to get some more intel." Crusher doesn't really know why, but he feels he should adopt a military style of talk...

MaxVel
10-12-2014, 05:38 PM
Crusher HP:1

Crusher clears his throat, sounding like someone put a handful of gravel in a laundry drier. "So, are we leaving....?"

Irate Canadian
10-12-2014, 05:39 PM
"Yep!"
[Sorry, was at a conference.]

Spartacus
10-12-2014, 09:52 PM
PRIORITY: gather intelligence
parameters set
identify target. capture target for interrogation.
awaiting departure.

MaxVel
10-15-2014, 05:58 AM
[Waiting for CV... ?]

Chaotic Void
10-17-2014, 11:48 AM
Nexus bids you goodbye, "Good luck, rookies. And by the way, since it seems some of you are movement-impaired, I'm sending a friend to pick you up." With that, you guys find yourselves back in the parking lot you originated from.

It looks pretty much the same... other than the really weird-looking yellow taxi cab that just drove up.

MaxVel
10-18-2014, 12:07 AM
Crusher HP:1


Crusher blinks momentarily in surprise at the transition back to the real world. ”If I had normal insides, I think they'd be kind of spinning right now. But at least we're back."

He looks around for the transport that Nexus promised, before noticing the taxicab. ”Sweet, a cab. Just when we need one.”

Raising two fingers to lips like a pair of stone staircase rails, Crusher whistles, sounding like a steam train ”Yoo-Hoo! TAXI!”

Chaotic Void
10-19-2014, 06:27 PM
Inside, you see a fellow that looks like he's seen better days. He's got red hair with streaks of white running through it. He's also wearing a gaudy tie-dye T-shirt and bandanna, and some black sweats. He's also wearing a peace sign necklace.

He motions to enter, "Come On In, Man... All Aboard the Julio Express!"

Spartacus
10-19-2014, 06:30 PM
Cross-fire wordlessly enters in a place that seems most likely to give Crusher adequate room... the trunk, if necessary [x-ray vision robot don't need no windows anyway]

Chaotic Void
10-19-2014, 06:35 PM
(Crossfire)

Julio sees you attempt to enter the cab. "Nah, Tin Man... No Need for That. The Groovemobile has room for EVERYONE, dude."

Irate Canadian
10-19-2014, 06:40 PM
Cyberpunk enters the car as well.

MaxVel
10-20-2014, 03:49 AM
Crusher HP:1


Crusher squeezes into the taxi, too. ”Where to, guys? The docks?”

Chaotic Void
10-20-2014, 11:03 AM
The Party shuffles into the taxi-cab... Hey, he wasn't kidding, there's room for everyone in there (the thing's bigger on the inside than it is on the outside). After you hop in and get yourselves as comfortable as possible in a taxi-cab and Crusher mentions the docks, Julio asks, "Which docks, man? The docks by Larson's, or the ones by Henderson's?"

Spartacus
10-20-2014, 11:07 AM
[a cab that's bigger on the inside than on the outside in CV's campaign, and a shed that's smaller inside than it appears in Teal's. Heh.]

LARSON'S #32H.

Spartacus
10-21-2014, 06:30 PM
memory calibration initiated.

the dull red lights of cross-fire's eyes dim for several minutes.

[will post power point upgrades presently]

Chaotic Void
10-22-2014, 09:58 PM
"Allrighty, folks... hang on to what your mammas gave you!"

All of a sudden he hits the throttle and- almost instantaneously- you guys find yourselves at a large group of warehouses. Each warehouse has its designation Number and Letter painted onto it.

"Close as I can get you without getting shot, man... By the way, don't worry about cab fare, 'cuz this trip's been paid for by your boss man. If you ever want to take a ride with Julio again, you're gonna need to pay me back somehow... Preferably in munchies."

As you all exit the cab, he gives you a wave and drives off into the horizon.

Larson's Warehouses. H Block. 11 PM.

It all seems quiet... the crashing of the water's waves being the only thing that break the silence.

Spartacus
10-22-2014, 10:17 PM
[adding power attack, assessment, and eidetic memory (it's a computer: no reason it can't record everything it sees... except for the stuff that is intentionally deleted or modified)]

Spartacus
10-22-2014, 10:18 PM
[would a quick X-ray and infravision scan of the surrounding area be appropriate?]

MaxVel
10-23-2014, 05:12 AM
Crusher HP:1



”Thanks for the ride, Julio. We'll remember next time... munchies.” Crusher says, as he gets out of the unusual cab.

Quietly taking stock of their surroundings, Crusher looks for the warehouse numbers. We're looking for number 32H... I guess we should try and watch from a distance first.

Chaotic Void
10-24-2014, 08:39 PM
(Crossfire)

[GM's note: Unless you're looking for the lady-bot's shower rooms, an x-ray/infrared scan is not only appropriate, but expected. Roll Notice, please]

Spartacus
10-24-2014, 08:41 PM
[6d20+9=15]
scanning

Chaotic Void
10-27-2014, 11:04 AM
(Crossfire)

Notice Check Results:

You easily spot your quarry. At this time of night, it seems to be the only warehouse in this area with much activity going on in and around it. Several bodies, about eight are present. One of which is giving off intense heat.

Spartacus
10-27-2014, 11:09 AM
Cross-fire indicates the target building with an outstretched digit.

eight targets. One target emitting intense thermal radiation

MaxVel
10-28-2014, 05:24 AM
Crusher HP:1


OK. That could be the cold controller guy...? What do you think they're up to? They were supposed to be smuggling stuff, right? Maybe the shipment hasn't arrived yet, if we rush in we might scare the others off...?"

Spartacus
11-03-2014, 08:59 PM
[how far away is the target warehouse?]

Chaotic Void
11-04-2014, 09:24 AM
[GM's note: You're at the beginning of the '20H' Warehouse block. You're about 12 warehouses down. They're small warehouses, mostly just for storage and small shipments. :wink:]

Spartacus
11-06-2014, 03:05 PM
Cross-fire begins walking toward the target warehouse.

Irate Canadian
11-06-2014, 03:20 PM
As does Cyberpunk.

Chaotic Void
11-08-2014, 09:14 PM
(Crossfire, Cyberpunk)

You head closer to your destination.

[Roll Notice, folks.]

Spartacus
11-08-2014, 09:35 PM
[14+9=23]

MaxVel
11-09-2014, 04:50 AM
Crusher HP:1

Crusher follows the two metal men, trying to be inconspicuous.

{if needed, Notice:1d20+2 → [6,2] = (8) (http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4710695/). Yep, Crusher notices he has feet. Nice, big, basalt ones. :thumb: }

Chaotic Void
11-10-2014, 10:12 AM
[GM's note: Waiting on you, IC]

Irate Canadian
11-11-2014, 08:27 PM
1d20+9 → [6,9] = (15)

Chaotic Void
11-11-2014, 08:29 PM
Notice Check Results:

Crossfire picks up two figures northeast from your current location. From a quick observation, you note that they may be heading the same direction as you are... One appears to be male, the other female, both of which appear to be well-armed (the male even moreso).

Spartacus
11-11-2014, 08:41 PM
Cross-fire indicates the location of the two figures.

TWO HEAVILY ARMED FIGURES DETECTED APPROACHING TARGET AREA. affiliation and intention: UNKNOWN.

MaxVel
11-12-2014, 05:20 AM
Crusher HP:1

"Heavily Armed?" Crusher thinks..."They could be the Syndicate, or their customers. I could whiz over and take a look, but it's likely to alert them."

Chaotic Void
11-14-2014, 05:10 PM
[GM's note: So are you going to try and sneak into the warehouse, or are you going in guns blazing?]

MaxVel
11-18-2014, 05:22 AM
Crusher HP:1


Crusher decides to check out the two approaching people. Here, at this time of night, they're not likely to be friendly, but he feels he should check before doing anything hostile. That's what heroes do, right?

”Back soon guys - if you hear shooting, come running, OK?”. Crusher seems to suddenly sink into the ground, leaving almost no trace.

{Using Teleport with turnabout to move to within sight of the two, preferably appearing on the far side of them (if it's inside 500ft range), before returning}

Chaotic Void
11-19-2014, 10:01 PM
[GM's note: Sorry... things have been busy at my place. And by 'busy' I mean I'm in the middle of switching my computer over to a Dual-Boot Linux/Windows 7 format]

(Crusher)

You teleport within sight of the two figures. You can see that the male is caucasion and the woman is of African descent. They become aware of your presence, and the male aims his rifle at you in shock. "Holy crap, Lana! What the hell is that?!"

MaxVel
11-20-2014, 05:47 AM
{No Worries. Does Crusher also return? (That was my plan..)}

Chaotic Void
11-20-2014, 01:44 PM
[Yep. You returned just as the man was finished aiming his gun at you.]

Irate Canadian
11-20-2014, 02:19 PM
[Yep. You returned just as the man was finished aiming his gun at you.]

[Can I ask my A.I who those people are?]

Chaotic Void
11-20-2014, 03:19 PM
(Cyberpunk)

Your device starts flickering. Some text pops up on the screen

I MAY BE ABLE TO ACCESS HARDWARE ON THEIR PERSONS TO DETERMINE WHO THEY ARE.
PERMISSION GRANTED? (Y/N)

[GM's note: If so, I'mma need you to roll Computers, which is at +14]

Irate Canadian
11-20-2014, 03:41 PM
Y
[Roll(1d20)+14:
15,+14
Total:29]

Chaotic Void
11-20-2014, 03:54 PM
(Cyberpunk)

[Skill Check Results]

Seconds after you give the command, your AI goes to work. A bevy of information appears on the monitor.

FIGURES IDENTIFIED:
*FIGURE 1*
STERLING MALORY ARCHER, CODENAME "DUCHESS"
PROFESSION-- AGENT OF ISIS
OTHER NOTES-- HIGH-FUNCTIONING ALCOHOLIC. ALSO HAS A FEAR OF ROBOTS.

*FIGURE 2*
LANA KANE
PROFESSION-- AGENT OF ISIS
OTHER NOTES-- PROFICIENT IN BOTH MACHINE PISTOL COMBAT AND SNARKY COMMENTARY.

Irate Canadian
11-20-2014, 04:05 PM
[Do we rush them guys?]

Spartacus
11-20-2014, 04:58 PM
[why would we? :huh:]

Irate Canadian
11-20-2014, 05:00 PM
[Any suggestions?]

Spartacus
11-20-2014, 05:11 PM
[what would your characters do? :wink:]

no affiliation with primary targets. Presence might interfere with mission objective. Recommend gathering further information.

Spartacus
11-20-2014, 05:11 PM
[what would your characters do? :wink:]

no affiliation with primary targets. Presence might interfere with mission objective. Recommend gathering further information.

Irate Canadian
11-20-2014, 07:44 PM
(Cyberpunk)

Your device starts flickering. Some text pops up on the screen

I MAY BE ABLE TO ACCESS HARDWARE ON THEIR PERSONS TO DETERMINE WHO THEY ARE.
PERMISSION GRANTED? (Y/N)

[GM's note: If so, I'mma need you to roll Computers, which is at +14]
[Wait a minute, we meet ARCHER? Best RPG ever.]

MaxVel
11-20-2014, 09:45 PM
[We should at least try to talk to them, if they're not immediately obvious bad guys. We're heroes, after all...]

Spartacus
11-20-2014, 10:15 PM
this unit is likely to be tactical liability in negotiations.

this unit will remain in current position and monitor primary targets

[that means you guys go talk to them while CV keeps me updated on any changes in the warehouse we're watching. :tongue: ]

MaxVel
11-20-2014, 11:02 PM
Crusher HP:1

Crusher nods at Crossfire and Cyberpunk. "OK, I could zoom back and try to talk to them, or Cyberpunk and I could walk over... that might startle them less, but it could give us away to the guys in the warehouse."

Chaotic Void
11-24-2014, 08:45 AM
[GM's note: So... Who's gonna call Kenny Loggins and wind up in the DANGER ZONE!?]

MaxVel
11-25-2014, 09:34 PM
Crusher HP:1


Crusher teleports back to the same general location, but well to the left (so hopefully their guns aren't immediately directly trained on him).

"Hey there guys, I think we need to talk" he says brightly "I'll keep it short. This isn't the area of the time of day for a quiet stroll, so you're not here for peaceful or technically legal purposes. I have only one question: Are you for cleaning up Purgatory; or for getting your slice of the pie?"

Crusher leans forward for emphasis, fists on the ground like a gigantic stone gorilla. "If you're cleaning things up, we can talk more. If you're just after your share of the action, well, we've got a problem. So what's your answer?"

Chaotic Void
11-26-2014, 07:16 AM
(Crusher)

The man- clearly Archer- aims his gun at you again. "Cleaning up Purgatory?" He scoffs, "I clean up worse places before breakfast." The woman, Lana, rolls her eyes and turns to you. "What my associate, for lack of a better term, was trying to say is that we're only here to find out who's been swapping out chemo drugs for placebos."

Archer replies, "Duh... I mean, how am I supposed to treat my breast cancer with sugar pills and Zima?"

Lana grits her teeth and hisses, "Archer, SHUT UP! Anyhow... we've tracked them to this particular warehouse, and we're planning to get in and interrogate these guys to find out who their boss is." She draws her machine pistols.

MaxVel
11-26-2014, 06:31 PM
Crusher HP:1


Crusher nods approvingly. "Then we're on the same side. My colleagues and I are here to track down some smugglers. If you can spare a moment I'll get them, and we can talk. Probably we should co-ordinate our efforts. I'm Crusher, by the way."

[To save time - if they agree to that Crusher will teleport back, tell Cyber and Cross, return and wait with Archer and Lana until the others arrive]

[I have no idea who Archer is - did I miss a pop culture reference?]

Chaotic Void
11-26-2014, 07:49 PM
[GM's note: Yeah, Archer is an animated series about a James Bond-esque spy. Definitely not for kids, though. :hehe:]

The group gathers together (I'll assume that you take the scenic route to avoid being seen), and Archer gets nervouse as he sees Crossfire... "Uh, what the hell is that?!" Lana sighs in exhasperation.

Spartacus
11-26-2014, 08:06 PM
[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archer_%28TV_series%29]

[before they group up with the agents]

PROCESSING...

allowing agents from international agency to spearhead operation will provide cover for strategic objectives: cooperation recommended.

[in other words, if the criminals think this was a move just by the spy agency, we can avoid suspicion from the various criminal organizations and go undetected longer]

[when they group up]

this unit is programmed to identify as CROSS-FIRE: unit function is tactical analysis and ranged combat

Chaotic Void
11-27-2014, 07:27 AM
"...It's already begun. The Rise of the Machines." He mutters to himself, then looks at Crossfire straight in the optics. "Look, the only reason I'm not putting a bullet into your over-glorified tin-can carapace is that I hate the jackasses in that warehouse more than I hate you right now... but know this: you try any funny stuff tonight, I will end you. Got it?" He points a semi-auto rifle at your torso.

Spartacus
11-27-2014, 08:59 AM
[I'm very tempted to make a "my eyes are up here" joke right now, but I can't figure out how cross-fire would say it :hehe: ]

Cross-Fire is impassive at Archer's threat.

recommend focus on primary objectives: disrupt operations and gather intelligence. tactical input requested.

Chaotic Void
11-27-2014, 08:21 PM
Archer sighs, "Just like a machine... so cold, and emotionless." His associate speaks up. "When it comes to dealing with them, do what you will... however, keep some of them alive. We need to 'question' them as to who's behind the counterfeit chemo drugs."

MaxVel
11-28-2014, 05:13 AM
Crusher HP:1

"Well, I'm glad we got all that settled, then." Crusher says briskly, trying to smooth over any awkwardness. "I'm sure we will be happy to leave them alive, if possible. I'm... ah... a little clumsy and may hit them harder than they can take."

"Now just which warehouse were you going to target?" he asks Lana.

Spartacus
11-28-2014, 06:19 AM
TACTICAL OBJECTIVE REGISTERED: capture prisoners

CF then returns to scanning the area with x-ray and thermal vision. [any notable changes?]

Chaotic Void
11-28-2014, 07:50 AM
Lana replies, "32H, I think it was... that's where the pharmacist Archer tortured said they were unloading the meds. Which, by the way, Archer" She sneers at him, "Still not impressed with that whole situation."

"Lana, we've been over this... You know I'm in the middle of a rampage. And it got him to talk, didn't it?"

"Yeah, but threatening to shove a knife up..."

"LANA... Rampage, remember? Now are we going to talk about this or are we going to break into that warehouse?"

Spartacus
11-28-2014, 10:10 AM
eight targets in warehouse #32H. one target emitting intense heat: possible heat-based metahuman

[Do I need a new notice check? If so, I'm still at +9; feel free to roll it behind the GM screen :tongue: ]