Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional 09/10/2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional 09/10/2014

A Glory Seed Devotional
    God in you – you in God…

One of the biggest mistakes many Christians make with their relationship with God is to only go half way. What I mean by that is people are good at working God into their life but fail at working their life into to God’s life.

Working God into our lives is not only easy but is desirable as illustrated in Isaiah. “You must not fear, for I am with you; you must not be afraid, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, indeed I will help you, indeed I will take hold of you with the right hand of my salvation.” (Isaiah 41:10, LEB)

On the other hand working our life into God’s life isn’t quite as easy and is outlined by James in austere language. “Draw near to God, and he will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded! Lament and mourn and weep! Let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to gloominess. Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will exalt you.” (James 4:8–10, LEB)

I discovered just before my cardiac bypass surgery the doctors would hook me up to a heart machine and stop my heart while they repaired it. I remember a wave of fear brushed over me as I was being prepared for the surgery. This morning as I reflect back on that experience I realize that when we commit ourselves to God in our life and our life in God’s life it’s like we exchange hearts with Jesus. Our hearts beat in Jesus and Jesus’ heart beats in us. And the good news is Jesus’ heart is eternal and not temporary like yours and mine!

Since that life changing day at St. John’s Providence Hospital Jesus’ words in Luke chapter 9 have taken on a deeper and life-exchanging meaning for me. And I know if you commit to them they will change your life as well. “And he said to them all, “If anyone wants to come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross every day and follow me. For whoever wants to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life on account of me, this person will save it.” (Luke 9:23–24, LEB)

You in God – God in you! It doesn’t get any better than that!

Believe it! Experience it!
    Grace and PEACE,
    Gary

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    “Turn to the LORD! He can still be found. Call out to God! He is near.” (Isaiah 55:6, CEV)

Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you’d like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

Scripture quotations marked (LEB) are from the Lexham English Bible. Copyright 2012 Logos Bible Software. Lexham is a registered trademark of Logos Bible Software.

Scripture marked CEV are taken from the Contemporary English Version © 1991, 1992, 1995 by American Bible Society, Used by Permission.

Amen Gary! True words.
    3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X