Announcement

Collapse

Computer Lab Guidelines

Here in the computer lab, we talk about cool tech, the newest coolest gadgets, and tackle your toughest tech questions.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time. Forum Rules: here
See more
See less

So who's gonna get an iPhone 6?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So who's gonna get an iPhone 6?

It will be released in a couple of weeks and comes in two sizes: Bigger than the iPhone 5 and way bigger than the iPhone 5.

I am thinking of getting the giant version, since my eyes are not as good as they used to be when viewing stuff up close.

Here is a link to a template showing how big the new phones are:

http://lifehacker.com/see-which-ipho...rin-1632649966

Not if they paid ME $500 for one.

6a00d83451b36c69e2014e894e4d0b970d-800wi.jpg
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

The real question is: who's going to get the Apple watch?
      I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
        The real question is: who's going to get the Apple watch?
        that seems pretty lame, especially for $300. Plus who wants to have to charge their watch every day?

Comment

Not I. Though if they paid me $500 to take one of course I would....
          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

I'm glad to see Apple is finally catching up to their competitors, but I am planning on getting the Samsung Galaxy Note 4.
            βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
            ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
              Not I. Though if they paid me $500 to take one of course I would....
              Well I have an iphone 5 for my phone. And an ASUS Transformer for my tablet (Android) - so I am in both worlds. I also have an iPad here at work.

here is what I have noticed comparing the two platforms:

Android phones - They never get updated (or hardly ever) so you are pretty much stuck with the version of Android you have when you bought the phone. Apple upgrades their OS regularly and you always have the latest OS and features.

Android tablets - they do update more often than the phones do, but I have noticed on my tablet that every time I update the OS, the durn thing gets slower and slower. My iPad and iPhone, on the other hand stay the same as far as speed goes, and many times get more efficient, the more I update the OS on them.

Both platforms have similar apps so that is a wash.

Comment

I don't even have an iPhone 1.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I would only get the tablets that are able to run a full computer OS. Some of my programs do not have Android or Apple tablet OS versions. That's OK for a phone but not for tablet.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                    I don't even have an iPhone 1.

I only even have a smart phone because I have a family member who works for one of the major phone companies and he can get them at a discount. Otherwise, I wouldn't even care. I just want a functional phone.
                    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                      I only even have a smart phone because I have a family member who works for one of the major phone companies and he can get them at a discount. Otherwise, I wouldn't even care. I just want a functional phone.
                      I don't have a smart phone. Not connected to the internet except with Wifi. Only used for emergencies and to text my daughter. Or other people who might want a text from me.

It is a Samsung Corby, and I love it because it has a pull-out qwerty keyboard. My contract is up in a couple of months and I don't know what they will offer me in exchange. I would like to keep this one or something very similar.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by robrecht View Post
                        I would only get the tablets that are able to run a full computer OS. Some of my programs do not have Android or Apple tablet OS versions. That's OK for a phone but not for tablet.
                        I have a laptop for that. The tablet is mostly for entertainment and browsing the internet. You can listen to music, play games, watch movies, and stuff like that. For actual WORK, a tablet would be a pain in the butt even with a full OS. There are convertible laptops that function as both laptop and tablet, but they are usually a bit bulky to carry around.

One thing I do like about android tablets is that they usually have nice expansion capabilities, like SD slots for memory and storage, and USB ports. iPads don't.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                          Not if they paid ME $500 for one.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1975[/ATTACH]
                          This.

"Fire is catching. If we burn, you burn with us!"
                          "I'm not going anywhere. I'm going to stay here and cause all kinds of trouble."
                          Katniss Everdeen

Christ our Passover has been sacrificed for us. Therefore let us keep the feast.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            I have a laptop for that. The tablet is mostly for entertainment and browsing the internet. You can listen to music, play games, watch movies, and stuff like that. For actual WORK, a tablet would be a pain in the butt even with a full OS. There are convertible laptops that function as both laptop and tablet, but they are usually a bit bulky to carry around.

One thing I do like about android tablets is that they usually have nice expansion capabilities, like SD slots for memory and storage, and USB ports. iPads don't.
                            The newer Microsoft ones with the colorful detachable keyboards don't seem very bulky, but I haven't really looked at them closely yet.

Comment

I'll stick with my HTC One, thank you very much.
                              Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment