So I was on this other site...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I was on this other site...

and it wasn't about theology. Actually, I started a new diet back in November. I had gotten kind a heavy, you know, 40 pounds over. Just to save some face here, when I get that big I don't look fat, I look like a line-backer. But I wanted to get back to the "swimmer" look and feel and healthy thing, so I was looking around the internet about nutrition, etc...and I stumbled onto this weight loss web site. It was set up like the old T-web and that made me feel comfortable, so I signed up.

Well...they really moderate that place!!! I couldn't stay out of trouble. I was a male among thousands of female members, and I guess I wasn't sensitive enough. And you cannot talk about God.

So it was agonizing to read all of the poor posts by lost people wondering why they are so messed up...and I can't tell them why. Anyway...I am currently not allowed to post without it being reviewed first. I tried to explain myself, but they do not answer you. The site seems to be run by robots.

So with all that said...I began to miss mom (Dee Dee) and I have come back home where I belong. Where is my dad, Trout?

Wasn't the actual Bahnsen a Chinese food aficionado? (I am too, so I can't judge.)
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by GoBahnsen View Post
      and it wasn't about theology. Actually, I started a new diet back in November. I had gotten kind a heavy, you know, 40 pounds over. Just to save some face here, when I get that big I don't look fat, I look like a line-backer. But I wanted to get back to the "swimmer" look and feel and healthy thing, so I was looking around the internet about nutrition, etc...and I stumbled onto this weight loss web site. It was set up like the old T-web and that made me feel comfortable, so I signed up.

Well...they really moderate that place!!! I couldn't stay out of trouble. I was a male among thousands of female members, and I guess I wasn't sensitive enough. And you cannot talk about God.

So it was agonizing to read all of the poor posts by lost people wondering why they are so messed up...and I can't tell them why. Anyway...I am currently not allowed to post without it being reviewed first. I tried to explain myself, but they do not answer you. The site seems to be run by robots.

So with all that said...I began to miss mom (Dee Dee) and I have come back home where I belong. Where is my dad, Trout?
      Funny, I spent most of my time on a site where you can threaten to rape and behead people and the moderators don't even flinch. It's been tough readjusting to tweb's puritanical standards.
      "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
        Funny, I spent most of my time on a site where you can threaten to rape and behead people and the moderators don't even flinch. It's been tough readjusting to tweb's puritanical standards.
        Image boards??? That's the only thing I've ever heard of and don't think I ever want to visit... Are they really as bad as I've heard?
        If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
          Wasn't the actual Bahnsen a Chinese food aficionado? (I am too, so I can't judge.)
          I don't know the answer to that one bro. But I did learn to be more sensitive because of the few weeks I was posting there. And I hope I did not offend any of our over-weight members with my OP remarks.

Ok...you guys aren't fat...you are just "fluffy" and you are all so adorable!

Comment

So GB, are you saying over-weight people are messed up?

NOOOOO! I was referring to their world-views. Most of them were not Christians and you could totally tell by the way they seemed clue-less about the way life works.

So GB, you were judging their hearts then?

Ok...never-mind...you win, sorry I brought it up

Comment

I don't know the answer to that one bro. But I did learn to be more sensitive because of the few weeks I was posting there. And I hope I did not offend any of our over-weight members with my OP remarks.

Ok...you guys aren't fat...you are just "fluffy" and you are all so adorable!
              Well, I am offended. Hmph.
              Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                Image boards??? That's the only thing I've ever heard of and don't think I ever want to visit... Are they really as bad as I've heard?
                No, it was just a run of the mill message board with really lax moderation.
                "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

Originally posted by Jedidiah View Post
                  Well, I am offended. Hmph.
                  Are you really? Sorry...I don't want to offend anyone.

Comment

Are you really? Sorry...I don't want to offend anyone.
                    Where did he go GB? Did he get offended and leave?

GoBahnsen: I don't know...I hope not. Hey Jed...come back!

Comment

I usually don't last long anywhere

Hi, GoBa!
                      The State. Ideas so good they have to be mandatory.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dee Dee Warren View Post
                        I usually don't last long anywhere

Hi, GoBa!
                        Hi ya Dee Dee. I'm curious to catch up and where your theo views have developed since I was here last. You were pressing that ONE question that you weren't getting any answers to, that really dealt with it.

Yeah, that other weight loss site was so shallow. People just chimed in their two cents and split. I tried to engage them and I did do some good there, but without being able to bring God into the dialog, it was just a bunch of "I deserve to be happy" c__p. "Why am I not happy?" Gee...could it be that you reject the One who made you? Of course, I never said that, nor would I say that so bluntly...but I was thinking it all the time.

Good to see your name in bright red again! God bless ya Dee Dee and I'm sorry this site went kaboom in October. Yikes!

Comment

Never got an answer that I found satisfying. Dropped it. Working on my eschatology book.
                          The State. Ideas so good they have to be mandatory.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dee Dee Warren View Post
                            Never got an answer that I found satisfying. Dropped it. Working on my eschatology book.
                            Cool! I will buy a copy. Yeah, I don't want to press it in here either...but watch me do it.

There is no satisfying answer except the right one. I am a Christian today purely out of God's own good pleasure to save a blind, dead, rebel! All glory to God for having mercy on me when I cared nothing for Him!

Comment

Hi GB. Didn't you go all hyper-calvinist or something?

Comment