PDA

View Full Version : Feminist list of demands in chart form

Epoetker
09-16-2014, 10:29 PM
I think I saw this particular graph in a military version during SAPR month (for those who don't know, it's mandatory Two Hours Man Hate every few days with feminist slide visual AIDS (http://academywatch.blogspot.com/2014/06/sapr-day-surely-comrade-surely-you-do.html)) but Roissy is right to frame it as a list of what women really want from men: (http://heartiste.wordpress.com/2014/09/14/feminist-idiocy-unintentionally-provides-useful-game-advice-again/)

http://heartiste.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/luv.jpg?w=500&h=611

“smash things” — occasional bursts of anger, when justified, are cues of sexy male dominance and they do turn on women.

“make her do illegal things” — the ghost of Bonnie chortled.

“threaten to leave her” — dread game.

“make her ask for money” — because throwing money at women really makes them fall more in love. /sarcasm

“give her an allowance” — if women have no agency in abusive relationships, shouldn’t they be treated like children for their own protection?

“not let her know about or have access to family money” — chicks dig mysterious men. by the way, this PSA is starting to read like an action plan for fleecing wealthy beta males.

“take her money” — aka make a woman feel like she’s invested in you. she’ll try harder to make it work.

“be the one to define men’s and women’s roles” — chicks dig a leader. and they also dig benevolently sexist men!
(https://heartiste.wordpress.com/2012/05/30/happy-sexist-is-happy/)
“make all the big decisions” — because letting women make big decisions works out real well when they’re trying to decide whether to leave an abusive alpha male.

“treat her like a servant” — 50 Shades of Gray has sold millions of copies. To women.

“act like the master of the castle” — this has got to be a feminist secret wish list.

I take the actual intent more as the soft advocacy of the tactics among women, as it's a list of tactics much, much, much more likely to be used by women than men, ('you MUST KNOW these common tactics which WILL BE USED ON YOU BY EVIL MEN and therefore IT'S PERFECTLY FINE FOR YOU TO USE THEM PREEMPTIVELY) whether 'abuse' exists in the relationship or not, certainly in the divorce phase, but often a whole lot in the run-up to divorce, especially the comically large amount of concern over 'family money,' an issue which is generally of obsessive interest to 99% of women seeking marriage and 0.01% of men (John Kerry excepted.)

When you put POWER AND CONTROL at the center of the chart, and put all of the USE ABUSE headers in friendly green, the only thing I'm reading from it is a not-so-veiled how-to, for women intentionally, and for men unintentionally :teeth:

Sparko
09-17-2014, 07:58 AM
You are a 40-year-old basement dweller at your mom's house who women laugh at, aren't you?

Epoetker
09-17-2014, 08:31 AM
You are a 40-year-old basement dweller at your mom's house who women laugh at, aren't you?

I'm also black, weigh 5000 pounds, and get around mainly by welfare fraud and oozing around via my own sweat trails.

Sparko
09-17-2014, 08:51 AM
I'm also black, weigh 5000 pounds, and get around mainly by welfare fraud and oozing around via my own sweat trails.

:yes:

It all makes sense now.

Apologiaphoenix
09-17-2014, 05:54 PM
I cannot imagine the thought of doing this to my Allie....

hamster
09-17-2014, 06:19 PM
"act like master of the castle..." the ultimate emotional abuse

Apologiaphoenix
09-17-2014, 06:25 PM
"act like master of the castle..." the ultimate emotional abuse

Oh I don't entirely disagree. A man is the king of his castle.

But that means his wife gets treated like a queen.

KingsGambit
09-17-2014, 07:22 PM
Oh I don't entirely disagree. A man is the king of his castle.

But that means his wife gets treated like a queen.

Where is that danged amen button?

Jedidiah
09-17-2014, 09:15 PM
I cannot imagine the thought of doing this to my Allie....

I don't think real men do that sort of thing. Perhaps these feminists need to associate with a better class of men. Sort of like SoR and women.

Apologiaphoenix
09-18-2014, 06:10 AM
No. Real men don't. As I thought about this last night, may I never do anything like this to Allie, but if any other man dared to try....

It'd be best to not go there. Let's just say if anyone goes after her, the gloves are off on my part.

Epoetker
09-18-2014, 07:15 AM
No. Real men don't. As I thought about this last night, may I never do anything like this to Allie, but if any other man dared to try....

It'd be best to not go there. Let's just say if anyone goes after her, the gloves are off on my part.

Okay, "Use Intimidation," that's a good place to start, but this chart is about finding out in a general sense what actually turns on women's...interest, not what you think or hope they feel about you.

I don't think real men do that sort of thing. Perhaps these feminists need to associate with a better class of men.

Yeah, like from two generations or so ago. For all I know, they probably already are:

http://heartiste.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/softharem.jpg?w=500&h=432

Apologiaphoenix
09-18-2014, 07:25 AM
Okay, "Use Intimidation," that's a good place to start, but this chart is about finding out in a general sense what actually turns on women's...interest, not what you think or hope they feel about you.

Sorry Machiavelli, but I don't think it's better to be feared than loved. I want Allie to do the things I want not because she's afraid of consequences, but because she loves me so much she doesn't want to disappoint me. The same goes for me with her.

Epoetker
09-18-2014, 11:07 AM
Sorry Machiavelli, but I don't think it's better to be feared than loved. I want Allie to do the things I want not because she's afraid of consequences, but because she loves me so much she doesn't want to disappoint me. The same goes for me with her.

That attitude is charming but unbiblical. (http://dalrock.wordpress.com/2014/08/18/from-celibate-boyfriend-to-celibate-husband-true-love-doesnt-wait/)

The modern (unbiblical) view is that romantic love is purer than sex, and is what makes sex and marriage moral. This overlooks the fact that like sex, romantic love is for marriage, and marriage is what makes sex and romantic love moral.

Because trust me, the intensity of all human feelings fades sooner or later with familiarity, and then it very much is the Institution which you must lean on when youthful strength, interest, and novelty fails. Naturally, older feminists who hate working happy marriages that stand as accusations against their demonic philosophy are doing their best to spread disrespect for the institution and elevation of individual female feeling above all else, using their control of the media narrative that's come with age and bitter experience. But, still being women, they end up being one-sided projectionists even in this project.

Assuming that everything goes completely serendipitously in your life, this discussion should be unnecessary. But take heed of it, for no other reason than that you may see this more clearly in the lives of others, and in your children.

Apologiaphoenix
09-18-2014, 12:06 PM
That attitude is charming but unbiblical. (http://dalrock.wordpress.com/2014/08/18/from-celibate-boyfriend-to-celibate-husband-true-love-doesnt-wait/)

Unfortunately, you don't understand what was said. Love is seeking the good of the other for the sake of the other. And by the way, I was the celibate boyfriend and I am definitely not the celibate husband now.

Because trust me, the intensity of all human feelings fades sooner or later with familiarity, and then it very much is the Institution which you must lean on when youthful strength, interest, and novelty fails. Naturally, older feminists who hate working happy marriages that stand as accusations against their demonic philosophy are doing their best to spread disrespect for the institution and elevation of individual female feeling above all else, using their control of the media narrative that's come with age and bitter experience. But, still being women, they end up being one-sided projectionists even in this project.

Assuming that everything goes completely serendipitously in your life, this discussion should be unnecessary. But take heed of it, for no other reason than that you may see this more clearly in the lives of others, and in your children.

My marriage doesn't depend on a feeling. My marriage is built on that I made a promise before God and man to love and cherish my wife. I think I'll stick with the biblical model. As Christ loved the church.

You stick with Machiavelli.

Darth Executor
09-18-2014, 12:54 PM
As Christ loved the church.

"I came not to send peace, but a sword?"

Apologiaphoenix
09-18-2014, 01:04 PM

Yes. Jesus's message would be the dividing point of history. You would either be for Him or against Him. You either receive wrath or grace.

Darth Executor
09-18-2014, 01:15 PM
Yes. Jesus's message would be the dividing point of history. You would either be for Him or against Him. You either receive wrath or grace.

But He caused strife between believers and their families. To continue your analogy shouldn't you be bad-mouthing her parents or something?

Apologiaphoenix
09-18-2014, 01:26 PM
But He caused strife between believers and their families. To continue your analogy shouldn't you be bad-mouthing her parents or something?

As Christ loved the church. How does He treat her? Ephesians tells you.

Darth Executor
09-18-2014, 01:33 PM
As Christ loved the church. How does He treat her?

I believe He left a set of instructions to follow then flew off.

Sparko
09-18-2014, 01:34 PM

:troll:

Jedidiah
09-18-2014, 01:44 PM
That attitude is charming but unbiblical. (http://dalrock.wordpress.com/2014/08/18/from-celibate-boyfriend-to-celibate-husband-true-love-doesnt-wait/)This has nothing to do with the Bible. It is trash.

Because trust me, the intensity of all human feelings fades sooner or later with familiarity, and then it very much is the Institution which you must lean on when youthful strength, interest, and novelty fails. (snip)Fortunately a strong marriage does not rely on feelings. Feelings are not what real love is all about. Feelings change. Commitment does not. I speak from over 50 years of experience. Oh, and I do "feel" love for my wife. Perhaps more than when we were married, but that is just an extra blessing.

Jedidiah
09-18-2014, 01:45 PM

You are mixing up things here. Better go back and get some idea what you are writing about.

Darth Executor
09-18-2014, 01:45 PM
This has nothing to do with the Bible. It is trash.

What's wrong with it?

Jedidiah
09-18-2014, 01:47 PM
Darth, I don't usually think of you as a troll, and I do not think you are so slow that you can see the irrelevance of that, and the fact that it does not serve the purpose Epo tried to use it for.

Darth Executor
09-18-2014, 01:52 PM
Darth, I don't usually think of you as a troll, and I do not think you are so slow that you can see the irrelevance of that, and the fact that it does not serve the purpose Epo tried to use it for.

You said "This has nothing to do with the Bible. It is trash." implying the concepts discussed in the linked article (did you read it? (http://dalrock.wordpress.com/2014/08/18/from-celibate-boyfriend-to-celibate-husband-true-love-doesnt-wait/)) are unbiblical. Right now my main hypothesis is that you might have gotten the article mixed up with something else (like the roissy article in the OP) which is why I asked. If you did read it then I would like to know what you find so unbiblical about it.

Darth Executor
09-18-2014, 01:54 PM
You are mixing up things here. Better go back and get some idea what you are writing about.

No, I am not, I think a lot of people here misuse the idea of loving one's wife like Christ loves the church by projecting their own ideas of what that love means onto the text and assuming they are talking about exactly the same things. So naturally I'm going to indulge in a bit of trolling on the subject because hey, why not?

Apologiaphoenix
09-18-2014, 07:04 PM

You need to look at everything else He did. Philippians 2 gives a fine example. That is what Paul says in Ephesians. Christ gave Himself up for the church so His bride could be holy. I am to care for Allie the same way I care for my own body. She in turn is to respect me.

What happens at times she doesn't respect me?

I love anyway. Why? Because there is no exception in the rule. If Allie wrongs me, that does not give me justification to wrong her back. There is never a justification to do what is wrong. It's also why Allie and I regularly go through marriage books together like "Love and Respect."

And no, it is not a feeling. Love can produce feelings. It can produce very good feelings, but it itself is rooted in the will.

Darth Executor
09-19-2014, 08:44 AM
You need to look at everything else He did. Philippians 2 gives a fine example. That is what Paul says in Ephesians. Christ gave Himself up for the church so His bride could be holy.

You're gonna die so Allie can be holy? I think you might be stretching the analogy a little too much.

I am to care for Allie the same way I care for my own body.

Well, Jesus delivered Himself to be tortured and crucified... to say nothing of the church's persecutions, which Jesus did not stop, but came to bring.

She in turn is to respect me.

Respect. And obey. "With fear and trembling" at that.

What happens at times she doesn't respect me?

I love anyway. Why? Because there is no exception in the rule. If Allie wrongs me, that does not give me justification to wrong her back. There is never a justification to do what is wrong. It's also why Allie and I regularly go through marriage books together like "Love and Respect."

And no, it is not a feeling. Love can produce feelings. It can produce very good feelings, but it itself is rooted in the will.

I dunno, what would happen if the church disrespected Jesus? I would imagine it can't really be called a church anymore. Even the most liberal of churches respect Jesus in some form. So to follow the example of Christ and Israel, if your wife disrespects you she should be "cut off". A temporary divorce, or at least a separation, perhaps, until she repents?

Apologiaphoenix
09-19-2014, 09:29 AM
You're gonna die so Allie can be holy? I think you might be stretching the analogy a little too much.

No. THat's just how far we're supposed to go. If need be, we are to lay our lives down for our wives.

Well, Jesus delivered Himself to be tortured and crucified... to say nothing of the church's persecutions, which Jesus did not stop, but came to bring.

He allowed it to happen, but Paul is speaking about how each of us is. We each care for our body, just as Jesus cares for His, the church, and yes, He did stop one persecutor at least....

Respect. And obey. "With fear and trembling" at that.

Why should Allie tremble at me?

I dunno, what would happen if the church disrespected Jesus? I would imagine it can't really be called a church anymore. Even the most liberal of churches respect Jesus in some form. So to follow the example of Christ and Israel, if your wife disrespects you she should be "cut off". A temporary divorce, or at least a separation, perhaps, until she repents?

Not around here. Christ gave us the standards to end a marriage. Unfaithfulness is required.

Darth Executor
09-19-2014, 09:45 AM
No. THat's just how far we're supposed to go. If need be, we are to lay our lives down for our wives.

But Jesus planned out His death specifically. How are you planning yours?

He allowed it to happen

So if someone tries to torture and kill Allie you'll allow it to happen? If not, then why are you deviating from Christ's example?

Why should Allie tremble at me?

Because that's what the analogy says.

Not around here. Christ gave us the standards to end a marriage. Unfaithfulness is required.

But there is still the option of temporary separation. And this doesn't tell me what the consequences for Allie's disrespect are. It's not like disrespecting Jesus is consequence free, so this shouldn't be consequence free either.

Sparko
09-19-2014, 09:56 AM
Well someone is taking the analogy too far and I don't think it is AP. :ahem:

Jedidiah
09-19-2014, 10:39 AM
He is clearly trolling. His entire argument is inconsistent, intentionally inconsistent.

Darth Executor
09-19-2014, 10:42 AM
Well someone is taking the analogy too far and I don't think it is AP. :ahem:

In AP's case there is no analogy at all, which is my main point.

Darth Executor
09-19-2014, 10:42 AM
He is clearly trolling. His entire argument is inconsistent, intentionally inconsistent.

Can you answer the question I asked earlier please?

Apologiaphoenix
09-20-2014, 11:49 AM
So the Bible says to walk as Jesus walked....

Does that mean if we're not planning to sacrifice ourselves for the sins of the world we're not walking as Jesus walked?

Jedidiah
09-20-2014, 12:35 PM
Can you answer the question I asked earlier please?

Repeat the question.

Darth Executor
09-21-2014, 08:47 AM
Repeat the question.

Why do you think this article (http://dalrock.wordpress.com/2014/08/18/from-celibate-boyfriend-to-celibate-husband-true-love-doesnt-wait/) is trash and has nothing to do with the bible?

Darth Executor
09-21-2014, 08:58 AM
So the Bible says to walk as Jesus walked....

Does that mean if we're not planning to sacrifice ourselves for the sins of the world we're not walking as Jesus walked?

No. But the Bible never said we should sacrifice ourselves for the sins of the world. It also never said a husband should give himself up so the wife can be holy.

Jedidiah
09-21-2014, 10:22 AM
Why do you think this article (http://dalrock.wordpress.com/2014/08/18/from-celibate-boyfriend-to-celibate-husband-true-love-doesnt-wait/) is trash and has nothing to do with the bible?

Second part first: "Again, this isn’t the biblical model." The article is far too cutesy for my taste. While I agree that the "celibate" marriage is not in any was scriptural, and I agree that romantic love is not only not superior to sex within marriage, the whole question is handled in a foolish hamfisted manner. That will have to do, I don't intend to do a review of the article.

Jedidiah
09-21-2014, 02:24 PM
As I think about your question I think I was missing your take. By not being Biblical I simply meant that the article was only vaguely based on the Bible. I apologize for my misunderstanding. I still think the article was "ham fisted."