Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional 09/23/2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional 09/23/2014

A Glory Seed Devotional
    Jesus I am thirsty…

This morning before setting down to write this Glory Seed I silently asked the Holy Spirit, “While my friend where are we going today?” referring to where in the bible we should begin. In response to my question the thought occurred to me, “I am more than just a friend.” Immediately I began struggling with how I should understand my relationship with the Holy Spirit.

“On the last and most important day of the festival, Jesus stood up and shouted, “If you are thirsty, come to me and drink! Have faith in me, and you will have life-giving water flowing from deep inside you, just as the Scriptures say.” Jesus was talking about the Holy Spirit, who would be given to everyone that had faith in him. The Spirit had not yet been given to anyone, since Jesus had not yet been given his full glory.” (John 7:37–39, CEV)

I have a pretty good grasp on how important our relationship is with the Holy Spirit what I struggle with is, “Have faith in me, and you will have life-giving water flowing from deep inside you.” I’m okay with the idea of having faith but what did Jesus mean by “life-giving water flowing from deep inside you.” While I understand Jesus was referring to the “life-giving water” as the Holy Spirit what I struggle with is “flowing from deep inside you.”

While it may be obvious Jesus was saying the blessings of the Holy Spirit flow outward from deep in our spirit let me suggest another way of understanding what Jesus was saying. The life-giving, life-sustaining blessings do not come from the Holy Spirit they come from God through the Holy Spirit.

What does this have with the Holy Spirit as my friend and how am I to understand my relationship with the Holy Spirit? Not much really! There are times when God stops and challenges us to go deeper into our relationship not just with him but how we understand his relationship with us as well. Have I solved any mysteries this morning? Probably not. But because I was challenged to go deeper the mystery remains but God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit are just a little bit more real today than yesterday and I reaffirmed by understanding of the Holy Spirit as the invisible presence of both God and Jesus in my life at the same time. The mysteries of God are not for us to solve but only to challenge us!

Don’t try and solve the mystery instead accept the challenge.

Believe it! Experience it!
    Grace and PEACE,
    Gary

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    “Turn to the LORD! He can still be found. Call out to God! He is near.” (Isaiah 55:6, CEV)

Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you’d like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

Scripture marked CEV are taken from the Contemporary English Version © 1991, 1992, 1995 by American Bible Society, Used by Permission.

Amen Gary! Timely words!
    3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X