Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional 10/02/2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional 10/02/2014

A Glory Seed Devotional
    Going deeper…

“Stay joined to me and let my teachings become part of you. Then you can pray for whatever you want, and your prayer will be answered.” (John 15:7, CEV)

This morning during my personal time with the Holy Spirit in the bible the verse above grabbed me and would not let go. And it seemed to be asking me, “How far are you willing to go in pursuit of your relationship to and with Jesus?”

On the surface that may seem like a rhetorical question to some believer yet in others their relationship with Jesus may never get out of the bible. Years ago I read a scripture that told me if I had a mountain and prayed hard enough Jesus would move the mountain. When I encountered a mountain in my faith journey I prayed, fasted, and prayed some more but the mountain did not move. Eventually because my relationship with Jesus was based on the bible and not a personal relationship I shrugged my shoulders and placed the incident on ignore failing to see Jesus’ attempt to deepen my relationship to and with him.

As I thought more about where Jesus and I are in our relationship I began to see like all the other relationships I have in my life as a process and progression from my “physical” senses to life changing “inner” senses. The apostle Paul might put it this way, our relationships begin with what we see with our physical eyes deepened, strengthened, and become life changing when we see them with the “eyes of our heart” (based on Ephesians 1:18).

The Message translation renders today’s scripture like this, “But if you make yourselves at home with me and my words are at home in you, you can be sure that whatever you ask will be listened to and acted upon.” (John 15:7 MSG) I believe Jesus is telling us to first base our lives on him then familiarize ourselves with not only his words in the scriptures but also the personal words spoken to us through the Holy Spirit.

When we are at home with Jesus and live in his Light the light of the scriptures and words shared with us by the Holy Spirit will shine on and in the dark places we encounter in life.

Believe it! Experience it!
    Grace and PEACE,
    Gary

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    “Turn to the LORD! He can still be found. Call out to God! He is near.” (Isaiah 55:6, CEV)

Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you’d like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

Scripture marked CEV are taken from the Contemporary English Version © 1991, 1992, 1995 by American Bible Society, Used by Permission.

“Scriptures marked MSG have been taken from THE MESSAGE. Copyright 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2000, 2001, 2002. Used by permission of NavPress Publishing Group.”
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X