PDA

View Full Version : Blood Transfusions

Christianbookworm
10-30-2014, 06:58 PM
Why do JW's think blood transfusions are the same as eating blood? Where to begin? If you ate blood, it would get broken into iron and protein. A blood transfusion would put more blood in the circulatory system to save someone's life(life's in the blood, meaning you die if you lose too much). Maybe the 19th century JW's didn't know the difference between blood entering the digestive tract ans entering the circulatory system?

__
10-30-2014, 08:29 PM
Why do JW's think blood transfusions are the same as eating blood? Where to begin? If you ate blood, it would get broken into iron and protein. A blood transfusion would put more blood in the circulatory system to save someone's life(life's in the blood, meaning you die if you lose too much). Maybe the 19th century JW's didn't know the difference between blood entering the digestive tract ans entering the circulatory system?

Former JW here!

I am not even sure other than a few old testament quotes.

Christianbookworm
10-30-2014, 08:36 PM
Former JW here!

I am not even sure other than a few old testament quotes.
Have you ever looked at www.jwfacts.com?

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CDUQFjAD&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.jwfacts.com%2Fwatchtower%2Fbl ood-transfusions.php&ei=Q-1SVK6BGoikNs7zg5AP&usg=AFQjCNF-OW-svpSInBxOmYg1lCp0Tkb22w

__
10-30-2014, 08:42 PM
Have you ever looked at www.jwfacts.com?

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CDUQFjAD&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.jwfacts.com%2Fwatchtower%2Fbl ood-transfusions.php&ei=Q-1SVK6BGoikNs7zg5AP&usg=AFQjCNF-OW-svpSInBxOmYg1lCp0Tkb22w
Yeah, and I know my grandmother tried to make it about bloodlust.

Christianbookworm
10-30-2014, 08:43 PM
Bloodlust?

Cerealman
10-30-2014, 09:13 PM
The need to kill

__
10-30-2014, 09:17 PM
Bloodlust?

She said if you accepted blood, you were guilty of bloodlust.

Christianbookworm
10-30-2014, 09:20 PM
She said if you accepted blood, you were guilty of bloodlust.

Donating blood isn't life threatening...

__
11-01-2014, 09:54 AM
Donating blood isn't life threatening...

JW logic, not mine. By JW logic, god would strike blood donors and blood recipients dead in the impending apocalypse.

Christianbookworm
01-08-2019, 03:49 AM
That's stupid. Giving of oneself to save lives is a good thing. So, JWs think God will kill people for trying to help others?

Christianbookworm
04-07-2019, 05:24 PM
:bump:
Blood donations save lives
Saving lives is a good thing
Blood donations are a good thing and JWs are fools

Sparko
04-09-2019, 09:14 AM
JWs are very literal when they want to be about the bible.

Acts 15:20
But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.

It is talking about eating blood which some people used to do ceremonially as part of their idol worshiping.

But they take it as not taking in any blood by any means.

Christianbookworm
04-09-2019, 09:42 AM
They apparently don't know biology! Circulatory system is not the digestive system!

Sparko
04-09-2019, 09:44 AM
They apparently don't know biology! Circulatory system is not the digestive system!

Charles Russell was a con man not a doctor.

Chrawnus
04-09-2019, 09:46 AM

You mean to say someone who's involved in doctoring is not a doctor? :stunned:

Christianbookworm
04-09-2019, 10:10 AM

Who? Was he the founder of that cult that think Jehovah is the name of God and not YHWH?

Chrawnus
04-09-2019, 10:14 AM
Who? Was he the founder of that cult that think Jehovah is the name of God and not YHWH?

:yes:

Sparko
04-09-2019, 10:28 AM

Yep, he also believed in pyramid power and all sort of goofy things that even the JWs call "pagan" now. He even believed in using the cross!

Here is his grave:

click to biggify

Christianbookworm
04-09-2019, 10:31 AM
Pyramid power? So, he would fit in with the local tweb loons?

Sparko
04-09-2019, 10:42 AM
Pyramid power? So, he would fit in with the local tweb loons?

oh yeah. He would be Mickiel quality.

Christianbookworm
04-09-2019, 10:44 AM

Lovely... how do people get suckered by those fools?

rogue06
04-09-2019, 10:47 AM
But few ever reached the level (or depths) of dracho-what's-his-face who thought Yawheh was a fire-breathing dragon and wrote stories fantasizing about being eaten alive.

Chrawnus
04-09-2019, 10:52 AM
But few ever reached the level (or depths) of dracho-what's-his-face who thought Yawheh was a fire-breathing dragon and wrote stories fantasizing about being eaten alive.

I'm ashamed to say I know what that fetish is called. 🤢

rogue06
04-09-2019, 10:56 AM
I'm ashamed to say I know what that fetish is called. 🤢
:yes: but only after discovering that such a thing existed.

Sparko
04-09-2019, 10:59 AM

ah yes...

Christianbookworm
04-09-2019, 11:01 AM

That guy thought God was a virgin eating dragon??? That is insane.

Sparko
04-09-2019, 11:08 AM
Who blocked the Jordan river. That was my sketch showing what he believed.

rogue06
04-09-2019, 11:12 AM
He was the inspiration for this:

Christianbookworm
04-09-2019, 11:14 AM
I'd say that was the bottom of the nut barrel, but then I might get proved wrong. Wasn't there that guy with a blasphemous user name with gnostic tendencies? There's be quite a few Gnostics. Speaking of gnosticism, I've heard the Infancy Gospel of Thomas(sic?) is insane. It's the adventures of Jesus as a boy. And it has Jesus not acting in character at all!

Sparko
04-09-2019, 11:14 AM
He was the inspiration for this:

I made that for mossy.

Christianbookworm
04-09-2019, 11:16 AM
Wait... Satan is the one called a dragon in Scripture and dragons were always evil until recently. I don't think he was talking about the nice modern dragons, was he? So, that particular blasphemer never showed back up?

rogue06
04-09-2019, 11:16 AM
I'd say that was the bottom of the nut barrel, but then I might get proved wrong. Wasn't there that guy with a blasphemous user name with gnostic tendencies? There's be quite a few Gnostics. Speaking of gnosticism, I've heard the Infancy Gospel of Thomas(sic?) is insane. It's the adventures of Jesus as a boy. And it has Jesus not acting in character at all!
We've had our share of nut jobs but dracochronicler takes the cake.

Sparko
04-09-2019, 11:52 AM
Wait... Satan is the one called a dragon in Scripture and dragons were always evil until recently. I don't think he was talking about the nice modern dragons, was he? So, that particular blasphemer never showed back up?

He started out writing JP Holding, who invited him here.

-----
http://www.tektoonics.com/test/parody/jan08scr.html

Non-Christian Theist: Drachronicler Says Yahweh is a Dragon

Before dismissing this out of hand, I would ask everyone read the whole post., and read it from the premise that Yahweh and El (Elohim) are two seperate entities, (as many serious Biblical scholars have proposed), with El being the Creator, and Yahweh being the most important of the Bene Elohim, which also in include the Creature Satan, long associated with flying serpents and dragons.

Bottom line, Yahweh is a created creature that was in existence long before mankind could evolve. I realize concepts like "evolution are beyond the understanding of many here, but this is why virtually every human culuture originally regarded their "gods" as dragons. They are the most suitable of the older creations to become the Bene Elohim, apportioned to all the human tribes in Deuteronomy. And I mean the real version found in the dead sea scrolls, that were not change from Sons of God, to Sons of Israel. Ah, but this is already getting over the heads of the Sunday School set out their who do not even know their Bibles are not the same as the original Bible.

If we only had that "original bible" you would see "more dragons" than at a Harry Potter Convention. But I do the next best thing, and fill in all the missing blanks where the dragons were removed. And not with my own creativity but with ancient Hebrew scripture. The part where Moses is swallowed alive for not removing his son's foreskin is a good example of the "missing dragons", but I bet the Sunday-school level hecklers have no idea what I am talking about.

rogue06
04-09-2019, 12:03 PM

-----

Before dismissing this out of hand, I would ask everyone read the whole post., and read it from the premise that Yahweh and El (Elohim) are two seperate entities, (as many serious Biblical scholars have proposed), with El being the Creator, and Yahweh being the most important of the Bene Elohim, which also in include the Creature Satan, long associated with flying serpents and dragons.

Bottom line, Yahweh is a created creature that was in existence long before mankind could evolve. I realize concepts like "evolution are beyond the understanding of many here, but this is why virtually every human culuture originally regarded their "gods" as dragons. They are the most suitable of the older creations to become the Bene Elohim, apportioned to all the human tribes in Deuteronomy. And I mean the real version found in the dead sea scrolls, that were not change from Sons of God, to Sons of Israel. Ah, but this is already getting over the heads of the Sunday School set out their who do not even know their Bibles are not the same as the original Bible.

If we only had that "original bible" you would see "more dragons" than at a Harry Potter Convention. But I do the next best thing, and fill in all the missing blanks where the dragons were removed. And not with my own creativity but with ancient Hebrew scripture. The part where Moses is swallowed alive for not removing his son's foreskin is a good example of the "missing dragons", but I bet the Sunday-school level hecklers have no idea what I am talking about.
:yes: Virtually every story in the Bible was really about dragons but got censored.

Chrawnus
04-09-2019, 12:16 PM

-----

From the email right under the one Drachronicler sent in (the one titled "Skeptic Email: Idiot Sheep"):

"I bet you can't find one scholar who isn't a Christian and thinks Christianity is true."

:lmbo:

rogue06
04-09-2019, 12:33 PM
From the email right under the one Drachronicler sent in (the one titled "Skeptic Email: Idiot Sheep"):

"I bet you can't find one scholar who isn't a Christian and thinks Christianity is true."

:lmbo:
That is the same mind-numbingly stupid argument put forward by atheists when they demand that we produce one ancient non-Christian source that accepts Christianity is true. If you accept it is true how could you possibly not be a Christian after that?

Chrawnus
04-09-2019, 12:45 PM
That is the same mind-numbingly stupid argument put forward by atheists when they demand that we produce one ancient non-Christian source that accepts Christianity is true. If you accept it is true how could you possibly not be a Christian after that?

Well, to be fair, the whole email reads like it was a pretty obvious troll to me, but I'm not sure if that makes it any better. :no:

Cow Poke
04-09-2019, 04:06 PM
:yes: Virtually every story in the Bible was really about dragons but got censored.

aliens

Christianbookworm
04-09-2019, 05:19 PM
Time travelers! I'm surprised no fool has claimed that time traveling Christians went back and somehow resusicated Jesus in some futuristic ER.

rogue06
04-10-2019, 12:28 AM
aliens
:idea: Space Dragons!

rogue06
04-10-2019, 10:38 AM
Time to win the thread: BACON!

Cow Poke
04-10-2019, 10:39 AM
I already baconized it in Post #4a

rogue06
04-10-2019, 10:42 AM
I already baconized it in Post #4a
What did mom tell you about fibbing? :glare:

I mean, aside from don't get caught. :sigh:

Cow Poke
04-10-2019, 10:46 AM
What did mom tell you about fibbing? :glare:

I mean, aside from don't get caught. :sigh:

You deleted my post, didn't you? :bawl:

rogue06
04-10-2019, 11:11 AM
You deleted my post, didn't you? :bawl:
See post #43 :brood:

Christianbookworm
04-10-2019, 02:46 PM
Time traveling, pet, space dragons!

ReformedApologist
06-14-2019, 02:54 PM
The passages I have seen used is found in Leviticus 7:11, however when you read the context of 10-14 this is in reference to the sacrificial system for atonement. This text cannot apply because Christ fulfilled the sacrificial system Hebrews 10. Acts 15:20 is also used, however this is in reference to its connection to idolatry and false worship. The problem is when giving a transfusion your not eating blood but its being used to save a life. Except these 2 passages there is nowhere in Old Testament or New Testament that forbids it to save a life.