Announcement

Collapse

Amphitheater Guidelines

In the Amphitheater we sit back and share a good song, offer a movie review, discuss sports, or anything in entertainment and family enjoyment.

If you need to refresh yourself on the decorum, now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: here
Steam Group: here

Thanks!
See more
See less

What is your absolute favorite song of all time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is your absolute favorite song of all time?

Mine is Kashmir by Led Zeppelin.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Various versions of Amazing Grace.
    Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
    1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
    -Ben Witherington III

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBgCngbbbOQ

Comment

You would.
        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Secular: Unchained Melody - the Righteous Brothers
          Religious: I'm Free - Lynda Randle
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
            Mine is Kashmir by Led Zeppelin.
            It's a great song, but I like Bond's cover of it better. Bond has a number of good songs, but I none of which I'd say was my absolute favorite of all time. That goes to Abram's Pursuit by David Holsinger, but it's a really fun song to play, so I'm biased.

A close second is Wheel of Time (orchestral) by Blind Guardian:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfEJwK6InXc

EDIT:
            It would also be negligent not to mention the score to Chrono Trigger.
            Last edited by Soyeong; 01-27-2014, 11:00 PM.
            "Faith is nothing less than the will to keep one's mind fixed precisely on what reason has discovered to it." - Edward Feser

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xk9f8zhTwIg
              Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Different Heaven & EH!DE - My Heart
                "Kahahaha! Let's get lunatic!"-Add LP
                "And the Devil did grin, for his darling sin is pride that apes humility"-Samuel Taylor Coleridge
                Oh ye of little fiber. Do you not know what I've done for you? You will obey. ~Cerealman for Prez.

Comment

The Cherubic Hymn. There are many variations of it but this one in Russian is a particular favorite: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8FO2rk_sWk
                  "Concentrate on what you have to do. Fix your eyes on it. Remind yourself that your task is to be a good human being; remind yourself what nature demands of people. Then do it, without hesitation, and speak the truth as you see it. But with kindness. With humility. Without hypocrisy."
                  -Marcus Aurelius

Comment

Christian metal:
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LtL7yN1OZc

Secular metal:
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMf9TLDm4FY

Comment

Comment

I very rarely ever like music, but "Simple and Clean" by Utada Hikaru is one I really like. It probably helps that it's the theme for one of my favorite game series of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by T-Shirt Ninja View Post
                          The Cherubic Hymn. There are many variations of it but this one in Russian is a particular favorite: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8FO2rk_sWk
                          My favorite Cherubic Hymn is from Holy Saturday. I get chills every time I sing it.

My favorite secular song is probably November Rain by Guns 'n' Roses.
                          Last edited by One Bad Pig; 01-28-2014, 08:58 AM.
                          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                          sigpic
                          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Changes with the tides... Right now I'd say Objection - Shakira (en)
                            Your ability to find the silly in the serious will take you far.

Comment

I'd have to say Dust in the Wind by Kansas
                              That's what
                              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment