Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional 12/16/2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional 12/16/2014

A Glory Seed Devotional for the greater Glory of God!
    Anticipating Christmas…

“Is it that I haven't seen you, God? Have I been looking someplace else for you? Or have my eyes been covered by the distractions in my life? And yet you are so faithful in your love for me. I see now with a new vision and great hope, because my heart is enraptured by your love. I pray to you and feel the power of your coming, like a light on the path before me guiding me to return your love even more. Let me raise my voice with new courage and deep joy to give you praise with my life.”**

I said this before and I’ll keep on saying it – one of the great wonders of Christmas for me is the spirit of anticipation. Eugene Peterson in the Message Translation of the Bible puts words to my feelings of anticipation not just for Christmas but for the many blessings that comes with Jesus’ birth. “That’s why I don’t think there’s any comparison between the present hard times and the coming good times. The created world itself can hardly wait for what’s coming next. Everything in creation is being more or less held back. God reins it in until both creation and all the creatures are ready and can be released at the same moment into the glorious times ahead. Meanwhile, the joyful anticipation deepens.” (Romans 8:18–21, The Message)

Sitting here looking at our Christmas tree with its brightly colored lights of red, green, blue, yellow, and orange I am reminded that Jesus is the Light and the Light of Jesus is a multi-colored/multi-blessing Light of Hope, Peace, Joy, Love, Reconciliation, and Forgiveness. Today’s Advent Prayer talks about distractions and the difficulty we have at times to see Jesus through the many clouds of this world yet as we turn distractions into anticipations the multi-colored Light of Jesus pierces the thickest cloud.

“Come, thou long expected (and anticipated) Jesus, born to set thy people free; from our fears and sins release us, let us find our rest in thee. Israel's strength and consolation, hope of all the earth thou art; dear desire of every nation, joy of every longing heart.”

Anticipate! Experience! Believe! Be transformed!
    Grace and PEACE, Amen!
    Gary

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    Jesus said, “I am the light for the world! Follow me, and you won’t be walking in the dark. You will have the light that gives life.” (John 8:12, CEV)

Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you’d like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

Scriptures marked CEV, “Scripture taken from the Contemporary English Version © 1991, 1992, 1995 by American Bible Society, Used by Permission.”

**“Taken from Praying Advent, on Creighton University's Online Ministries web site:
    http://onlineministries.creighton.ed...ry/online.html
    Used with permission.”
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X