Announcement

Collapse

Fraternity Guidelines

This is a guy's only forum. No girls allowed. Male bonding time.

In here we can leave the seat up, drink from the carton and talk about manly things without fear of the ladies butting in. You know how they can be.

But remember, always play by the rules: here
See more
See less

Whisky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whisky

So...whisky. I like it.

Discuss.
    I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

I don't . . . more bad news.
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

There's some really good stuff I bought a bottle of a while back. It's a toasted caramel whiskey that's called Black Velvet. You just need a little bit in your favorite cola, and .
      Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

Tried it, hated it.
        No Silicon Heaven? Preposterous! Where would all the calculators go?

Comment

Whisky is an acquired taste. I enjoy some once in a while (Maker's Mark, Johnnie Walker, Elijah Craig).
          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
            Whisky is an acquired taste. I enjoy some once in a while (Maker's Mark, Johnnie Walker, Elijah Craig).
            It actually wasn't for me. I liked whisky both the first time I tried it, and before I liked beer. It was beer that I had to acquire a taste for, strangely enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Zymologist View Post
              It actually wasn't for me. I liked whisky both the first time I tried it, and before I liked beer. It was beer that I had to acquire a taste for, strangely enough.
              Same for me. I very rarely drink anything (eta0 alcoholic, but there is a soft spot in my heart for Crown Royal, and Glenfiddich.
              Last edited by Jedidiah; 01-31-2014, 08:35 PM.
              Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Irish Whiskey was developed to prevent the Irish from ruling the world.
                Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
                Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
                But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
                  Irish Whiskey was developed to prevent the Irish from ruling the world.
                  Yes indeed! I've actually got a little Irish in me. Probably why I liked it the first time.
                  Last edited by Zymologist; 01-31-2014, 04:35 PM.

Comment

My wife (the wonderful lady she is) got me a bottle of Glen Moray Classic Scotch. Oh, it's good. It's got a rich flavor. Though I've liked every whisk(e)y I've tried yet, I must say, I remain a Scotch guy.

Comment

I really like the taste of Bourbon and Tennessee whiskies. I've been meaning to try Buffalo Trace and Bulleit but I'm waiting until Pascha to drink again.
                      "Concentrate on what you have to do. Fix your eyes on it. Remind yourself that your task is to be a good human being; remind yourself what nature demands of people. Then do it, without hesitation, and speak the truth as you see it. But with kindness. With humility. Without hypocrisy."
                      -Marcus Aurelius

Comment

I really like the Crown Black...but I tasted some Bacardi Oakheart Spiced Rum....and I haven't looked back...SOOOOO GOOOOD!
                        "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Originally posted by T-Shirt Ninja View Post
                          I really like the taste of Bourbon and Tennessee whiskies. I've been meaning to try Buffalo Trace and Bulleit but I'm waiting until Pascha to drink again.
                          I haven't tried Buffalo Trace, but I also like bourbon. Bulleit is really good--it tastes like a more expensive bourbon than it is. (I thought)

Comment

Call me crazy -- but I pretty much only drink Jack Daniels. It's like a sweet sweet nectar to me -- granted I don't drink it straight. I mix it with either diet coke, or lemon juice, orange bitters, and some simple syrup.

Comment

Originally posted by phat8594 View Post
                              Call me crazy -- but I pretty much only drink Jack Daniels. It's like a sweet sweet nectar to me -- granted I don't drink it straight. I mix it with either diet coke, or lemon juice, orange bitters, and some simple syrup.

Ok....Your Crazy...
                              "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X