Announcement

Collapse

Eschatology 201 Guidelines

This area of the forum is primarily for Christian theists to discuss orthodox views of Eschatology. Other theist participation is welcome within that framework, but only within orthodoxy. Posts from nontheists that do not promote atheism or seek to undermine the faith of others will be permitted at the Moderator's discretion - such posters should contact the area moderators before posting.

Without turning this forum into a 'hill of foreskins' (Joshua 5:3), I believe we can still have fun with this 'sensitive' topic.

However, don't be misled, dispensationalism has only partly to do with circumcision issues. So, let's not forget about Innocence, Conscience, Promises, Kingdoms and so on.

End time -isms within orthodox Christianity also discussed here. Clearly unorthodox doctrines, such as those advocating "pantelism/full preterism/Neo-Hymenaeanism" or the denial of any essential of the historic Christian faith are not permitted in this section but can be discussed in Comparative Religions 101 without restriction. Any such threads, as well as any that within the moderator's discretions fall outside mainstream evangelical belief, will be moved to the appropriate area.

Millennialism- post-, pre- a-

Futurism, Historicism, Idealism, and Preterism, or just your garden variety Zionism.

From the tribulation to the anichrist. Whether your tastes run from Gary DeMar to Tim LaHaye or anywhere in between, your input is welcome here.

OK folks, let's roll!

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

History Channel - Revelation: End of Days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• History Channel - Revelation: End of Days

Anyone watch this?

What did you think?

I gave up on the H channel after I entered High School, but I wanna see this.
    "Kahahaha! Let's get lunatic!"-Add LP
    "And the Devil did grin, for his darling sin is pride that apes humility"-Samuel Taylor Coleridge
    Oh ye of little fiber. Do you not know what I've done for you? You will obey. ~Cerealman for Prez.

Comment

Saw it advertised, didn't watch.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Saw it advertised, didn't watch.
        I was surprised that they didn't have aliens and big foot involved in it.

Comment

The bit I saw wasn't too bad.Not great but not too bad.
          "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Same as Teal...I watched it here and there. Eh, not great but not terrible. I think the second part is next Monday.
            Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

second part was last night. It ended pretty lamely. basically they destroyed the anti-christ and Jesus came back as a hurricane and then everything was back to normal. Say what?

Comment

Oh. Well....
                Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  second part was last night. It ended pretty lamely. basically they destroyed the anti-christ and Jesus came back as a hurricane and then everything was back to normal. Say what?
                  At least he didn't come in like a wrecking ball.
                  I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

What, no bloody bridles?
                    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Hadn't seen it, but looks like it pretty much accepts a pre-trib view. No?
                      The Capitol Insurrection And Religion

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...t_bibl_vppi_i0

Comment

Is it just me or is this sort of speculation about the eschaton little more than Bible-based fan fiction?
                        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                          Is it just me or is this sort of speculation about the eschaton little more than Bible-based fan fiction?
                          We are talking about the "history" channel. You know, with the Ancient Astronauts, Big Foot and Ghost Hunters?

This was on par with the Viking miniseries and the Bonnie and Clyde one. Basically a 4 hour miniseries loosely based on pre-trib eschatology.

Comment

one thing I didn't get was that they made the anti-christ's city, Bablyon, to be New Orleans. Why? I am thinking because they had a lot of news footage from Katrina to show. A lot of the miniseries was of youtube videos and news footage of various earthquakes and disasters.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                              We are talking about the "history" channel. You know, with the Ancient Astronauts, Big Foot and Ghost Hunters?

This was on par with the Viking miniseries and the Bonnie and Clyde one. Basically a 4 hour miniseries loosely based on pre-trib eschatology.
                              That was my thinking, yeah.
                              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X