PDA

View Full Version : Career-Chicks

Scrawly
12-30-2014, 06:26 PM
So, generally certain types of personalities gravitate toward certain careers. I find myself being primarily attracted to females in the medical industry. I find their core characteristics appealing - factual, blunt, no-nonsense, realistic, not stuck-up, etc. Business women never appealed to me. Ditto for Home-makers. Social service, and general service women - nah. IT women - nope. The artsy types are a mixed bag, but generally quite annoying. Women in the legal industry are cool. Chicks in the information industry, academia, and the sciences are also quite appealing for the most part, but often times lack real-world experience and can come off as sheltered and socially challenged or too introverted.

Thank-you.

Scrawly
12-30-2014, 07:46 PM
Oh when I state: "Women in the legal industry are cool", I am thinking specifically of Judge Judy. As you can see this thread is not meant to be serious. But it kinda is.

KingsGambit
12-30-2014, 07:59 PM
Judge Judy is cool?

Darth Executor
12-30-2014, 08:02 PM
Judge Judy is cool?

http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/family_guy_barfing.gif

fm93
12-30-2014, 08:07 PM
That's actually a live look-in at a family's reaction after seeing that someone posted a Family Guy .gif.

Scrawly
12-30-2014, 08:22 PM
Judge Judy is cool?

Judge Judy is uncool?

Andius
12-30-2014, 10:03 PM
There is one down side to seeking a relationship with someone in the medical industry, but a critical one, especially if one is an intern. Unlike the other ones that you stated, those in medical industry don't exactly have the luxury of having lots of spare time. The one I dated had that huge problem, seeing each other was monumentally difficult. Where in a boyfriend-girfriend relationship it is tolerable, it is in marriage where a possible snag may be found, you are likely not going to be together with frequency because of the HUGE work hours in hospitals. I for one was not willing to commit with someone whom I had only rare glimpses of time to be with, what's the point of a being in a relationship with whom you are hardly in physical presence with.

But if you are lucky, and perhaps this person actually has the time to be with you, then by all means go for it! My grandmother, a nurse by profession, had those qualities that you said, and they are definitely a huge plus (Especially since she was masterfully very hospitaller, a vital component in the trade of being a nurse).

Scrawly
12-30-2014, 11:27 PM
There is one down side to seeking a relationship with someone in the medical industry, but a critical one, especially if one is an intern. Unlike the other ones that you stated, those in medical industry don't exactly have the luxury of having lots of spare time. The one I dated had that huge problem, seeing each other was monumentally difficult. Where in a boyfriend-girfriend relationship it is tolerable, it is in marriage where a possible snag may be found, you are likely not going to be together with frequency because of the HUGE work hours in hospitals. I for one was not willing to commit with someone whom I had only rare glimpses of time to be with, what's the point of a being in a relationship with whom you are hardly in physical presence with.

But if you are lucky, and perhaps this person actually has the time to be with you, then by all means go for it! My grandmother, a nurse by profession, had those qualities that you said, and they are definitely a huge plus (Especially since she was masterfully very hospitaller, a vital component in the trade of being a nurse).

I actually kinda like the idea of not seeing my spouse for extended periods of time. Seems like it would make the time that we do spend together that much more special. I also tend to get sick of people rather quickly so this could work well. Although, I have no prospective medical chicks in my life nor do I plan on getting married. So this is all very odd, isn't it?

Knowing Thomas
12-31-2014, 10:11 PM
There is one down side to seeking a relationship with someone in the medical industry, but a critical one, especially if one is an intern. Unlike the other ones that you stated, those in medical industry don't exactly have the luxury of having lots of spare time. The one I dated had that huge problem, seeing each other was monumentally difficult. Where in a boyfriend-girfriend relationship it is tolerable, it is in marriage where a possible snag may be found, you are likely not going to be together with frequency because of the HUGE work hours in hospitals. I for one was not willing to commit with someone whom I had only rare glimpses of time to be with, what's the point of a being in a relationship with whom you are hardly in physical presence with..
Andius speaks the truth.When I was in the physical therapy doctorate program two years ago, my girlfriend at the time (Law undergrad) and I fought a lot about how much time I was spending with my classes (the excessive amount that was required). She found the idea of seeing me twice a week during the summer wasn't enough and broke up with be during finals week. A few weeks later I was out of the program.

How nice of her. :sigh:

So what I'm saying is that medical majors, in addition to those that work in the industry, have insane hours.

Bill the Cat
01-01-2015, 06:11 AM
Ah... youth...

Andius
01-01-2015, 12:29 PM
I actually kinda like the idea of not seeing my spouse for extended periods of time. Seems like it would make the time that we do spend together that much more special. I also tend to get sick of people rather quickly so this could work well. Although, I have no prospective medical chicks in my life nor do I plan on getting married. So this is all very odd, isn't it?

Mmhhh, not seeing your spouse for extended periods of time? Mmhhh, fair enough. I suppose it can make the time together all the more special, and here's to hoping you can find someone who also shares that notion as well.

Get sick of people quickly? Hahahah, also fair enough. Although I can't speak from experience (I myself just having barely started my own relationship), I can speak from observation. I know at least one couple who also are just like you, they tire very quickly of people (especially large crowds), and yet they can't stand the idea of being apart from each other, a very sweet thing (I guess one's spouse no longer counts as people, heheheheheh). To me, a couple that don't see each other for days is utterly unheard of for me (could be because of my social background in Latinamerica, where the expectation to stick by your spouse through storms and hurricanes is paramount, divorces being very rare), but I am not one to say wether it can work or not. ^^

No prospective medical ladies? Okay fair enough, you're still on time to start dipping those waters. :teeth: Well.... it is not odd to plan to get married soon (after all, I hardly ever hear of any good rushing into marriage), however, I am of the idea that the end point of the boyfriend-girlfriend relation is to check compatibility to eventually culminate into marriage or to terminate it if compatibility is nil, and admittedly for me, the idea of entering into a relationship without the prospect of a possible marriage (At least if one is a confessing Christian, I don't expect such a thing from anyone outside Church membership) is akin to dressing up for a swim without ever touching the water.

Andius
01-01-2015, 12:29 PM
Ah... youth...

We are a problematic bunch aye? :teeth:

Cow Poke
01-01-2015, 01:37 PM
Ah... youth...

Too bad it's wasted on the young.

KingsGambit
01-01-2015, 02:21 PM
FYI: They're called "women", not "chicks".

KingsGambit
01-01-2015, 02:24 PM
It's depressing, man. I'm just getting old. I even considered going to bed before midnight last night.

Cow Poke
01-01-2015, 02:24 PM

Or girls. :shrug:

Scrawly
01-01-2015, 02:26 PM

Is this CatholicCity posting under KG's account?

KingsGambit
01-01-2015, 02:27 PM
Is this CatholicCity posting under KG's account?

No, she's in the other room.

Scrawly
01-01-2015, 02:30 PM
No, she's in the other room.

OK so she inspired you to write that though. Got it.

KingsGambit
01-01-2015, 02:34 PM

0 for 2

rogue06
01-01-2015, 02:34 PM
Too bad it's wasted on the young.
Dangblasted whippersnappers. Playing their noise that they call music at all hours and just won't GIT OFFA MY LAWN! http://gamingtrend.net/forums/Smileys/GTsmiles/damnyou.gif

Worse, they'll never know just how good crispy bacon was before the war.

KingsGambit
01-01-2015, 02:35 PM
Dangblasted whippersnappers. Playing their noise that they call music at all hours and just won't GIT OFFA MY LAWN! http://gamingtrend.net/forums/Smileys/GTsmiles/damnyou.gif

Worse, they'll never know just how good crispy bacon was before the war.

My last apartment, the people above us blasted rap music into the middle of the night. The guy below us blasted mariachi crap during the day to the point where our apartment was almost shaking.

And I never once saw any of them with a slice of bacon in hand.

Scrawly
01-01-2015, 02:36 PM
0 for 2

Well I did call chicks women in the OP, so I think we're on the same wave length. :lol:

rogue06
01-01-2015, 02:36 PM
It's depressing, man. I'm just getting old. I even considered going to bed before midnight last night.
Went to bed at 9:15 last night. Never even heard all of the fireworks.

Of course I had to be at work at 6AM although the boss "forgot" to set his alarm and didn't make it in until nearly 8. :no:

rogue06
01-01-2015, 02:44 PM
My last apartment, the people above us blasted rap music into the middle of the night. The guy below us blasted mariachi crap during the day to the point where our apartment was almost shaking.

Well there you go.

Currently the townhouse adjacent to mine is empty but the unemployed boyfriend of the woman who lived there this summer liked to play his bass well into the early hours whenever she worked late. The problem was that he did so upstairs where the bedrooms are and he really, really stunk.

One night when I had to be in early he woke me up at 11 and finally I went over and knocked on the door at 1AM. They had a motion detector that automatically turns on the porch light as someone approaches the front door. After knocking I could hear him come downstairs but instead of answering the door he turned off the light and went back upstairs and continued playing. He finally stopped at 3AM when she came home. Since I had to be up at 4:30 needless to say I didn't get any sleep that night.

Bill the Cat
01-01-2015, 04:58 PM

:blush: Mrs the Cat woke me up with a minute to go.

Jedidiah
01-01-2015, 05:30 PM

Bacon does not belong in your hand, but in your mouth.

Darth Executor
01-01-2015, 05:32 PM

KG gets butthurt about trivial crap all on his own.

rogue06
01-01-2015, 05:36 PM
KG gets butthurt about trivial crap all on his own.
Perhaps his mother raised him to be respectful to the wimmenfolk

Darth Executor
01-01-2015, 07:22 PM
Perhaps his mother raised him to be respectful to the wimmenfolk

That fiend!