PDA

View Full Version : Theology Web may never be the same.

Deof Movestofca
01-01-2015, 04:40 AM
News flash: at approximately right this minute (or several minutes shortly thereafter once I'm done typing all of this up), the website known as "Theology Web" was invaded by an inconspicuous (not quite sure what that means, but they use it a lot and it sounds fairly bookish) poster going by the screen name of "Deof Movestofca". Why? You're just going to have to stick around to find that out, because I'll never tell and you can't make me! At least, not unless someone bribes me with chocolate chip cookies. Or pizza. Pizza would totally work as a bribe on me.
But anyway, members of the community are advised to be on the look out for this bizarre individual, as he may actually expect them to join in conversations with hiim. I know, I know, that's cruel and unusual punishment to be forced to endure such inhuman abuse, but this is the internet. Please immediately report to the local authorities any person with the following characteristics:
1) Fundamentalist (but of the original largely apolitical, intellectual type that hearkens back to original usage of the term)
2) Triinitarian
3) inerrantist and infalliblist (but not a literalist... at least not in the literal sense. Rather I believe that different passages should be interpreted in the manner the author intended them. IOW, passages that were meant to be interpreted literally should be interpreted literally and those that weren't, shouldn't.
4) Someone who believes that if self-proclaimed skeptics questioned skeptics and atheists questioned atheism as much as they expect theists to question theism, there would be a lot fewer of them.
5) Someone who also believes that God created us to be happy and enjoy life rather than go around being all gloom and doom.
I could go on, but will leave you with these tidbits.

Oh, and Happy New Year, y'all!

Soyeong
01-01-2015, 08:18 AM
I brought my towel, I should be fine.

Welcome and merry New Year!

mossrose
01-01-2015, 08:26 AM
Slow down on the caffeine, friend!

And welcome!

Cow Poke
01-01-2015, 10:28 AM
Can somebody give me the Reader's Digest version?

Andius
01-01-2015, 11:08 AM

Here: Christian Orthodoxy ain't my thing.

How's that? :P

And also, Benvenuti. ^^

rogue06
01-01-2015, 11:54 AM
Bacon is good for me, is good for me.

Cow Poke
01-01-2015, 01:12 PM

And also, Benvenuti. ^^

Thanks, coach!

Adrift
01-01-2015, 01:38 PM

And also, Benvenuti. ^^

Orthodoxy or orthodoxy? Opening post seemed pretty orthodox to me.

Andius
01-01-2015, 01:46 PM

Looking back at the post, I think I concur with you, and it appears I made a whoopsie in reading comprehension....

That's the last time I read and post after a New Year feasting (My senses not being at 100% at the time of the posting... heheheheheh).

Scrawly
01-01-2015, 01:52 PM
As someone who has chronically suffered in isolation in the valley of despair for close to 10 years, I had to chuckle at #5.

You know I had to make this about me. :lol:

Adrift
01-01-2015, 01:53 PM

He's an old school fundamentalist (as the term was originally coined, to describe those who believe in the Biblical fundamentals, and a rejection of Biblical liberalism). He's a Trinitarian. He's an inerrantist, but doesn't hold to a wooden literal interpretation of the text. He thinks that skeptics are not being honest in their skepticism, and that if they turned their skepticism inwards they'd probably stop being skeptics. He thinks that Christ really did come to give us life, and gave it to us more than abundantly, and that we shouldn't be bummed out Christians, but should rejoice in God's goodness (Joy being one of the fruits of the spirit and all).

I think that about covers it. Hopefully I got that right Deof. :smile:

Cow Poke
01-01-2015, 01:55 PM
He's an old school fundamentalist (as the term was originally coined, to describe those who believe in the Biblical fundamentals, and a rejection of Biblical liberalism). He's a Trinitarian. He's an inerrantist, but doesn't hold to a wooden literal interpretation of the text. He thinks that skeptics are not being honest in their skepticism, and that if they turned their skepticism inwards they'd probably stop being skeptics. He thinks that Christ really did come to give us life, and gave it to us more than abundantly, and that we shouldn't be bummed out Christians, but should rejoice in God's goodness (Joy being one of the fruits of the spirit and all).

Yeah, thanks!

Teallaura
01-01-2015, 02:29 PM
He's gonna be a fun one.

Cow Poke
01-01-2015, 02:30 PM
He's gonna be a fun one.

You miss the Papster, don't ya? :sad:

Teallaura
01-01-2015, 02:30 PM
Welcome Aboard! :smile:

Adrift
01-01-2015, 02:43 PM
You miss the Papster, don't ya? :sad:

Did he go somewhere?

Cow Poke
01-01-2015, 02:50 PM
Did he go somewhere?

Haven't seen him in a couple days - nowhere near as prolific as he was. :shrug:

Deof Movestofca
01-01-2015, 02:51 PM
What, no one wants to vote in my poll? :yipee:

I brought my towel, I should be fine.

Welcome and merry New Year!
Thank you and hopefully we don't run into any Vogon poetry.

And also, Benvenuti. ^^
Survey says:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y__iv23yVuQ
But thank you for the welcome.

Bing, bing, bing.... we have a winna!

Slow down on the caffeine, friend!
Can't slow down on what I don't imbibe of in this first place. (Yes, ladies and gentlegerms, this is me without any drugs, including coffee).

What he said.

He's gonna be a fun one.
:uneasy: You peeked!

Celebrian
01-01-2015, 05:53 PM
But, but, there is no thread above this one. How do I vote? :huh:

Jesse
01-01-2015, 07:39 PM
Welcome, Deof Movestofca! And Happy New Year!

Catholicity
01-01-2015, 08:06 PM
Wait we caught another one? :idea::pot::outtie:

fm93
01-01-2015, 09:16 PM
How should I pronounce "Deof Movestofca?"

"Day-off Moves-TOF-cuh?"

"Dee-uv Mow-vest-ov-cuh?"

"Hey, you?"

Teallaura
01-01-2015, 09:26 PM
DM? Dude? :ponder:

Nah, I think Hey You will work... :grin:

Deof Movestofca
01-06-2015, 07:39 PM
But, but, there is no thread above this one. How do I vote? :huh:In the poll above the the posts. Hurry, it's a limited time offer (somewhere between now and the heat death of the universe).

Wait we caught another one? :idea::pot::outtie:
Or maybe another one caught you?

How should I pronounce "Deof Movestofca?"

"Day-off Moves-TOF-cuh?"

"Dee-uv Mow-vest-ov-cuh?"

"Hey, you?"
You can call me anything, just don't call me late for dinner. It's not a real name (and sorry, no reveal of its origin, so someone is going to have to guess it) so there's really no correct pronunciation.

Jedidiah
01-06-2015, 08:50 PM
There is no such place, because it can not be pronounced.

Celebrian
01-07-2015, 01:32 AM
In the poll above the the posts. Hurry, it's a limited time offer (somewhere between now and the heat death of the universe).

But there is still no thread above this one in Admissions to rate! :brood: