Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional 01/02/2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional 01/02/2015

A Glory Seed Devotional planted for the Greater Glory of God
    2015: Year of the Promise, part two…

“Lord, teach me your ways, and guide me to do what is right because I have enemies. Do not hand me over to my enemies, because they tell lies about me and say they will hurt me. I truly believe I will live to see the Lord’s goodness. Wait for the Lord’s help. Be strong and brave, and wait for the Lord’s help.” (Psalm 27:11–14, NCV)

Words come easy. Sometimes painfully to easy. The old adage “sticks and stones may break my bones but words and names will never hurt me,” is a crock! Words can and do kill... The soul. The spirit. Hopes. Dreams. Love. Joy. Peace. We live by the very words we speak and listen to. “Jesus answered, “It is written in the Scriptures: ‘A person does not live on bread alone.’ ” (Luke 4:4, NCV)

Yesterday I set the theme for 2015 as 2015: Year of the Promise. At this point while I can’t be 100% certain I think the Holy Spirit had a hand in it so I am not sure it will take us or what it will tell us. Because the bible is full of God’s promises which promise does God want us to look at? All of them? The possibilities are endless. When I think about God’s promises the ones I am aware of and the ones I am not aware of my thoughts keep coming back to the one promise in every known promise: Jesus.

Jesus is God’s Promise! Every promise God will fulfill will come to fruition through our relationship to and with Jesus. With that in mind I need to make one small change to 2015’s yearly theme: 2015: Year of Promise. Where will it take us? What will it say to us? What will it do for us? More importantly what will we do for it, what will we say to it, where will we follow it? Will we journey through new territory or revisit old territory (both I suspect).

Will 2015 be the year Jesus makes his grand entrance into our world a second time? No one really knows (except God) but this I do know Jesus through the Holy Spirit is ALREADY HERE and while I’ll not forget that I will focus my life on the Jesus already here.

Holy Spirit… Lead on!

Anticipate! Experience! Believe! Be transformed!

Grace and PEACE, Amen!

Gary

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

“Those who wait for perfect weather will never plant seeds; those who look at every cloud will never harvest crops.” (Ecclesiastes 11:4, NCV)

Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you’d like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

"Scriptures quoted from The Holy Bible, New Century Version, copyright © 1987, 1988, 1991 by Word Publishing, Dallas, Texas 75039. Used by permission."
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X