PDA

View Full Version : Game Thread: Pest Control (D&D 3.5e), Continued!



Chaotic Void
01-30-2014, 08:54 PM
[GM’s note: Forgive me if I goof up some details… I didn’t have up-to-date notes when Old Tweb Crashed, and Wayback isn’t cooperating, so I’ve gotta go on memory]

When we last left our heroes…

They had just finished trashing some insects and bandits (not necessarily in that order) to protect the farmlands around the border town they have been charged with guarding They find a shred (literally) of evidence, that is taken in to be scried. Upon getting the scrap checked Tlaloc, one of their superiors in Grenzstadt, blitzes off to a nomadic encampment to tear their leader, The Bull, a superfluous new one due to a perceived betrayal. Naturally, this could lead to trouble, so they’re sent by Nexus and Leon to stop him from throwing some fertilizer into the ventilation system.

After defusing the situation, they find out that there’s a possibility that The Herd has some rotten eggs responsible for the recent swarms of large insects rampaging around Grenzstadt; the name ‘Branches of the Wild Growth’ was thrown around, but nothing came of it. The Bull orders his right-hand man, Sven, to assist the party in figuring out what’s going on. When in Sven’s private quarters, he calls in Arch-Druid Strangeoak. They both reveal that something hasn’t been right with the chief since his recent trip to a Gathering of the Tribes. Strangeoak detected an enchantment of sorts, but the nature of it is currently unknown.

[GM’s note: Allrighty, folks… let’s go from there]

One Bad Pig
01-30-2014, 09:27 PM
[Where am I going, and why am I in this hand-basket?]

IIRC we talked to somebody who had gone to the Gathering with The Bull, and they had been unusually kept apart from the proceedings.

Spartacus
01-30-2014, 09:36 PM
[I recall that Caden had a confrontation and staring contest with Tlaloc, and that Caden had pretty much been just watching the proceedings from that point on.]

Irate Canadian
01-31-2014, 07:27 AM
[Dang it,I don't have my character sheet...]

Chaotic Void
02-02-2014, 05:02 PM
[GM's note: So... out of curiosity. Who doesn't have their character sheets?]

Teallaura
02-03-2014, 08:43 AM
[We talked to the guards that went with Bull - they weren't a lot of help as I recall but they did mention some weirdness.

I have mine - thanks CV... :blush:

So, where are we right now? Still with Sven?]

Chaotic Void
02-03-2014, 06:55 PM
[GM's note: Yep. You're still with Sven and Strangeoak]

Chrs
02-04-2014, 04:41 AM
[Need to see if I can re-read some of it to get back into character. Then again I'm not sure if any was archived. :sad:]

Chaotic Void
02-04-2014, 09:37 AM
[GM's Note: Chrs, there was a fair chunk archived, but I'm not sure how long they last.]

Tlaloc turns to Sven, scratching his head, "You got any other leads we could follow? I'm out of ideas here..."

The half-orc ponders for a moment and says, "Well, I know that some families are visiting the Herd from a couple other tribes, including the Pack, the Brood, and the Flock. We could ask them a few questions. I would advise against aggression, though."

One Bad Pig
02-04-2014, 10:07 AM
[could you provide a link to the archived material?]

Chaotic Void
02-04-2014, 08:35 PM
[GM's note: Here's the thread. The later parts are inaccessible, though... :bawl: http://web.archive.org/web/20130828191851/http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/showthread.php?155839-Game-Thread-Pest-Control-%28D-amp-D-3-5e-Campaign%29]

Chaotic Void
02-06-2014, 07:10 AM
[GM's Note: :noid: Anyone home?]

One Bad Pig
02-06-2014, 07:24 AM
[to pick up the pieces, it is hard]

"Could we talk to some of the people visiting from other tribes? We could maybe split up to do that so as not to intimidate them by numbers."

Chaotic Void
02-06-2014, 08:19 AM
Strangeoak looks at Garsen and nods in agreement, "The Cleric speaks Wisdom." Sven then asks, "Who's going to talk to which group?"

Irate Canadian
02-08-2014, 05:01 AM
"I'll go to the Flock. Anyone coming with me?"

Irate Canadian
02-10-2014, 10:06 AM
[Allo?]

Spartacus
02-10-2014, 10:11 AM
Caden voices his preference to travel with Garsen.

Carrikature
02-10-2014, 10:20 AM
Seaendithas volunteers to speak with the Brood.

One Bad Pig
02-10-2014, 10:24 AM
Caden voices his preference to travel with Garsen.
Let's go talk with The Pack.

Chrs
02-10-2014, 10:24 AM
[I'll go with Seaaxdjsudgsdygsd]

Teallaura
02-10-2014, 02:13 PM
[Guess that leaves me with IC. :smile:

How far away are these tribes from one another? I agree with not spooking them but I also don't want to get ambushed short handed.]

One Bad Pig
02-10-2014, 02:49 PM
[Guess that leaves me with IC. :smile:

How far away are these tribes from one another? I agree with not spooking them but I also don't want to get ambushed short handed.]
[I think we're just talking with the visiting families, so we shouldn't need to travel far.]

Teallaura
02-10-2014, 03:37 PM
[:thumb: Okay - works for me.]

Chaotic Void
02-10-2014, 08:17 PM
[GM's Note: Okay, so Here's the Final List:

The Flock: John and Alvara
The Brood: Seaendithas and Carstina
The Pack: Garsen and Caden]

Sven beings to let you know a little about each tribe's customs:
"The Brood have been known to be forked-tongued when it comes to outsiders. If they tell you a truth, chances are they're holding two more out of reach."
"Now... The Pack have been known only to talk to people they feel they can trust. Don't be surprised if they are unwilling to speak about this matter."
"Members of the Flock tend to be honest and open, though they have a rather... unusual speech pattern that they can be quite touchy about. It's tough to explain, but you'll know it when you hear it."

He points you in the direction of each family's tent, and provides each of you with a small emblem. "This lets our tribe members know that you're there of my authority." Tlaloc says, "I'll stick around here and compare notes with Sven and Strangeoak."

[GM's note: Lemme know when you're ready to go]

Chrs
02-10-2014, 11:44 PM
"I'm sure I can loosen their forked tongue a little. Let's go."

Teallaura
02-11-2014, 07:37 AM
[Heigh ho, heigh ho! It's off to interrogate we go!]

Alvara shrugs and turns to John, "Ready?"

One Bad Pig
02-11-2014, 07:42 AM
Garsen says, "nothing ventured, nothing gained. Let's see what they're willing to share."

Chaotic Void
02-11-2014, 08:08 AM
(Seaendithas, Carstina)

The spell-caster and swords(wo)man duo saunter off to the tent they were told where The Brood's relatives are staying. Upon arriving, you show the emblem provided by Sven, and they welcome you in. Sitting across from an older man and his wife, you see a younger couple, both of which wear a necklace with some hardened snakeskin and stones as decorations strung along it. They appear to look at you rather suspiciously as you take your seats.

(Garsen, Caden)

The Dwarven Cleric and the warrior stride over to the place where the Pack is staying. As you open the tent and show your emblem to them, you catch a whiff of roasted meat; They appear to be sitting down for lunch (it is, approximately, lunchtime). As you're given a seat, you notice a gruff-looking couple across from the younger couple- who appear to be expecting a child- wearing bracelets made of a feral canine's canines. They don't look too impressed by your presence.

(John, Alvara)

The silent ranger and the snarky sorceress walk over to the place where the Flock and their family is staying (also noticing that this tent has a couple of guards). You're greeted warmly, even before your emblem is shown. As you sit down, aside from the hosts, whose age looks to be roughly thirty, there's two couples of similar age sitting across from you, both of which have white and gray feather ornaments in their hair. They seem fairly nonchalant about your presence.

Irate Canadian
02-11-2014, 03:33 PM
[Er,what are we supposed to do?]

Teallaura
02-11-2014, 04:57 PM
[:brood: NOW you ask? We're going to go talk to all the tribes involved in the conference to see if anything else weird happened or see if maybe we can get some sort of clue about who's programming the bugs.



:poke:]

Irate Canadian
02-11-2014, 06:00 PM
"Hello!", John says to the flock members.

Chaotic Void
02-11-2014, 07:17 PM
(John)

They give a slight nod, acknowledging your presence. One of the males speaks up, "Hello. I don't believe- MINE- our cousins introduced us... What's your name? MINE is Jeraldo. This is- MINE- my wife, Gertrude." He motions to the woman next to him. "And these are- MINE- my sister Jennifer and- MINE- her husband Thomas."

Teallaura
02-12-2014, 07:41 AM
[All yours, IC - try not to get us killed, okay?]

Irate Canadian
02-12-2014, 09:19 AM
"My name is John."

Teallaura
02-12-2014, 09:20 AM
Alvara pokes John meaningfully. She gives him an exasperated look until he introduces her.

Chrs
02-12-2014, 10:01 AM
"I am Carstina and this is Seaendithas," She says warmly, "It's a pleasure."

Irate Canadian
02-12-2014, 01:59 PM
Alvara pokes John meaningfully. She gives him an exasperated look until he introduces her.

[What? Cat got your tongue?]
John waves his hand towards Alvara,and says, "This is Alvara."

Chaotic Void
02-12-2014, 02:29 PM
(Carstina/Seaendithas)

The couple looks at you warily and the husband replies, "I am Marcus, and this is my wife, Cleopatra. Is there something you need of us?"

(John/Alvara)

Jeraldo smiles, "Is there anything- MINE- we can do for- MINE- you?"

Carrikature
02-12-2014, 02:36 PM
[You really are a nerd, CV.]

Irate Canadian
02-12-2014, 02:38 PM
[Um,Teal(or anyone else for that matter),what should I ask?]

One Bad Pig
02-12-2014, 02:48 PM
Garsen says, "We thank you for allowing us to eat together with you. May you be blessed in return for your hospitality. My name is Garsen, and my companion is Caden."

Chaotic Void
02-12-2014, 02:59 PM
(Garsen/Caden)

The older gentleman grunts, "Well, at least you 'civilized' folk have good manners. Name's Zeke. This is Mary." He motions to his wife. "This is our daughter, Isla, and her bull-headed husband Lyle." His daughter shoots him a dirty look for that last comment.

Teallaura
02-12-2014, 03:03 PM
[Very politely explain why we're here first. Sorry to put you on the spot but I'm offline at home and I don't want to hold things up with y'all waiting for me.]

Carrikature
02-12-2014, 03:03 PM
"There is nothing we need. We wish only to listen." Seaendithas replies.

Irate Canadian
02-12-2014, 03:10 PM
"We're here to ask you about what you know about the big council meeting. Do you know anything of interest?"

Teallaura
02-13-2014, 07:33 AM
[Don't quit your day job to become an interrogator... :sigh:]

Chaotic Void
02-13-2014, 07:44 AM
(John/Alvara)

Thomas perks up, "That- MINE- Depends. What is of- MINE- interest to- MINE- you?"

(Sea/Car)

Marcus shrugs and says, "Very Well Then." They proceed to make small talk with their hosts.

Carrikature
02-13-2014, 07:52 AM
[:poke: What are they saying?]

Chaotic Void
02-13-2014, 08:07 AM
[:poke: What are they saying?]

The topics cover the following:
-Recent ailments they had gotten over (Marcus's indigestion and Cleopatra's chest pains)
-Random Gossip (ie, apparently, such and such a tribe over in southeastern Maltha had decided to settled down in one location to become a farming community. Also, apparently a mutual acquaintance of theirs- using an unsavory term to describe her- might be pregnant again.)
-The quality of life living here in The Herd in contrast to the Brood (Cleo's originally from The Herd, so these must be her parents they are staying with. Cleo likes it there, her parents like it here.)

Irate Canadian
02-13-2014, 09:05 AM
(John/Alvara)

Thomas perks up, "That- MINE- Depends. What is of- MINE- interest to- MINE- you?"

(Sea/Car)

Marcus shrugs and says, "Very Well Then." They proceed to make small talk with their hosts.
[Great! Now I don't know what to say...]

Spartacus
02-13-2014, 10:13 AM
Caden nods respectfully to his hosts and says, "Thank you for your hospitality."

[I don't suppose either of us has ranks in diplomacy?]

Teallaura
02-13-2014, 10:16 AM
[You do remember why we're here, right? :eh:

CV, did that conference they had have a name or do we just call it 'that gathering of leaders a while back'?]

One Bad Pig
02-13-2014, 10:26 AM
Garsen says, "Please forgive my outsider ignorance, but I don't understand. Why is Lyle bull-headed? Does it have something to do with this camp's leader?"

[no, and my charisma score isn't great. Any help you can give is appreciated.]

Carrikature
02-13-2014, 10:35 AM
-The quality of life living here in The Herd in contrast to the Brood (Cleo's originally from The Herd, so these must be her parents they are staying with. Cleo likes it there, her parents like it here.)

[I'd like more specifics on this one, please.]

Spartacus
02-13-2014, 11:14 AM
Garsen says, "Please forgive my outsider ignorance, but I don't understand. Why is Lyle bull-headed? Does it have something to do with this camp's leader?"

[no, and my charisma score isn't great. Any help you can give is appreciated.]

[I'm a fighter with no ranks in diplomacy. I was tempted to try to make some sort of pun related to calling him bull-headed in the camp of the Bull, but my character's INT is higher than his CHA. I think our best bet is to be as natural and respectful as possible, maybe see what sorts of things we can get the curmudgeonly patriarch to reveal on his own.]

Chaotic Void
02-13-2014, 07:59 PM
(Alvara/John)

CV, did that conference they had have a name or do we just call it 'that gathering of leaders a while back'?]

[GM's note: I didn't give it a name. Just call it "The Conference" ]

(Sea/Car)

[I'd like more specifics on this one, please.]

Cleo has been trying to persuade her parents to come live with the Brood. She says that her newfound tribe has better relations with the others, but her parents insist that they would hate to leave their kin and start over with a foreign group.

(Garsen/Caden)

Lyle Replies to Caden, "Thank you."

Zeke responds to Garsen, "Not a problem... I wouldn't suspect an outsider to know much about tribal relations. 'Course, you're pretty close. 'Bull-Headed' is a- how do you say- condescending term for people of the Herd; just like we call The Brood, "Backstabbers" or the Flock, "Bird-Brains". I never really liked Lyle, but since our daughter eloped, I don't have much choice in the matter...."

Teallaura
02-18-2014, 12:37 PM
[Okay, IC, you want to know about the conference. What was Bull like when they saw him? Did they notice anything strange? What about their own representative - what's he/she been like since the conference? ]

Irate Canadian
02-18-2014, 02:55 PM
[Thanks,Teal!]
"How was Bull's attitude when you guys saw him?"

One Bad Pig
02-18-2014, 05:57 PM
Garsen says, "Speaking of the different tribes, I've heard that The Bull has been rather more, er, bull-headed than usual since the recent Gathering. Do you know anything that might have been different at that Gathering than past Gatherings? Has your own leader been acting any differently since then?"

Chaotic Void
02-19-2014, 07:15 AM
(John/Alvara)

"How was Bull's attitude when you guys saw him?"

"The Bull? He seemed- MINE- a little more- MINE- Melancholy than usual when we arrived here, but- MINE- other than that we haven't- MINE- been around him that much."

(Caden/Garsen)

Garsen says, "Speaking of the different tribes, I've heard that The Bull has been rather more, er, bull-headed than usual since the recent Gathering. Do you know anything that might have been different at that Gathering than past Gatherings? Has your own leader been acting any differently since then?"

Zeke replies, "I wouldn't know, personally, but Mary keeps hearing things 'round the rumor mill. Apparently, our leader hasn't said a peep about what happened there, and it's gotten people mighty spooked."

Carrikature
02-19-2014, 07:44 AM
(Sea/Car)

Cleo has been trying to persuade her parents to come live with the Brood. She says that her newfound tribe has better relations with the others, but her parents insist that they would hate to leave their kin and start over with a foreign group.

[Trying to interject myself politely...]

Seaendithas clears his throat. "If I may," he says simply. He waits for their attention.

Chaotic Void
02-19-2014, 07:49 AM
(Sea/Car)

They turn to you, eyebrows unanimously raised.

[GM's note: You have their attention]

Carrikature
02-19-2014, 08:31 AM
"I heard you mention that the Brood has better relations with the other groups. Why is that?"

Chaotic Void
02-19-2014, 08:35 AM
(Sea/Car)

Marcus replies, "We couldn't tell you specifics, though I've noticed that other tribes seem less hostile towards The Brood than The Herd in recent times."

Irate Canadian
02-19-2014, 08:51 AM
How was your representatives attitude after the conference?

Chaotic Void
02-20-2014, 09:48 PM
(John/Alvara)

After a moment, Thomas replies, "MINE- Our Uncle hasn't talked to- MINE- us about that. MINE- He went, but he hasn't told- MINE- anyone about it..."

Irate Canadian
02-21-2014, 05:38 AM
"Could we go talk to him?"

Chaotic Void
02-21-2014, 07:43 AM
(John/Alvara)

"Unfortunately," he replies, "MINE- Our uncle is not here. MINE- He's actually back at- MINE- The Flock's camp, at least three- MINE- days travel away."

Teallaura
02-21-2014, 09:50 AM
[Now use that diplomacy and find out if Uncle has been different since the meeting. Anything else happen that concerns them?]

Carrikature
02-21-2014, 10:15 AM
(Sea/Car)

Marcus replies, "We couldn't tell you specifics, though I've noticed that other tribes seem less hostile towards The Brood than The Herd in recent times."

"Has that manifested in any particular way?"

Chaotic Void
02-24-2014, 06:39 PM
(Sea/Car)

Cleopatra pipes up and says, "Not particularly, no... it just seems like there's some tension these days when I mention my parent's tribe."

One Bad Pig
02-24-2014, 06:58 PM
(Caden/Garsen)


Zeke replies, "I wouldn't know, personally, but Mary keeps hearing things 'round the rumor mill. Apparently, our leader hasn't said a peep about what happened there, and it's gotten people mighty spooked."
Garsen says, "That's interesting. People seem to be a little spooked around here as well. Mary, does the name "Branches of the Wild Growth" sound familiar? I don't know anything about it myself, but it keeps popping up."

[sorry for the delay; I wanted to give my pardner a chance to speak up.]

Chaotic Void
02-24-2014, 07:02 PM
(Gar/Cad)

Mary muses for a moment and shakes her head, "Nope, haven't heard hide nor hair of 'em." She responds.

Teallaura
02-25-2014, 07:08 AM
[:poke: Yo, IC!


:teeth:]

Chaotic Void
03-03-2014, 09:17 AM
[GM's note: Anyone home?]

Spartacus
03-03-2014, 09:35 AM
Caden sheepishly asks, "It seems like you all have interesting names for each others' tribes. Do you mind me asking what other tribes call the Pack?"

Chaotic Void
03-03-2014, 10:44 AM
(Caden/Garsen)

Lyle immediately pipes up with a smug grin, "Oh, that depends. We call them furballs, or if they're really ornery, mutts." As he motions by tilting his head over to his in-laws, Isla immediately comes up behind him smacks her husband upside the head like only an angry pregnant woman can do. Zeke and Mary chuckle at this.

Spartacus
03-03-2014, 10:59 AM
Caden directs a question at Lyle and Isla: "How did the two of you meet?"

Chaotic Void
03-03-2014, 11:31 AM
(Caden/Garsen)

Isla replies, "We met at a trade gathering about two years ago hosted by The Pack. We had wanted to get married a few months later, but my parents refused their blessing on our marriage, so we eloped and we've been here since."

Spartacus
03-03-2014, 11:43 AM
"Trade gathering? That sounds like fun."

Chaotic Void
03-03-2014, 12:05 PM
(Caden/Garsen)

"Not really," Lyle perks up, rubbing the side of his head. "Unless you're a merchant or craftsman, it's pretty boring. Unless someone tries to steal something or kill someone, that is. Then bodyguards like me get to have some fun."

Spartacus
03-03-2014, 12:14 PM
"Craftsman, in my case," Caden smirks. "When else do the tribes gather together?"

Chaotic Void
03-03-2014, 02:48 PM
(Caden/Garsen)

Lyle thinks for a moment and says, "Eh, the tribes generally gather together at the beginning of each new season. 'Course, those are only major gatherings. You've got individual families that meet every now and then, or even specific people from one camp visiting folks in another."

Chaotic Void
03-10-2014, 07:53 PM
[GM's note: :bump:]

Spartacus
03-10-2014, 10:11 PM
"Does anything special happen at the seasonal gatherings?"

Carrikature
03-11-2014, 05:53 AM
[I'm not being lazy. I'm just at a loss.]

One Bad Pig
03-11-2014, 05:56 AM
[not sure what else to ask; I don't see much more information forthcoming]

Teallaura
03-11-2014, 08:34 AM
[Any other leaders come home different than before? Anyone who attended that conference when the leaders were alone notice anything weird before or after? And unusual activity in leadership since that gathering? Any noticeable personality changes? Did any of the leaders say anything about that particular meeting (the part where the bodyguards weren't allowed)?]

Chaotic Void
03-13-2014, 10:35 AM
(Garsen/Caden)

[GM's note: Derp. Didn't see this. To be honest, I'm just tempted to throw you guys a bone right now to get things going... Here goes]


"Does anything special happen at the seasonal gatherings?"

Lyle replies, "Eh, usually there's feasts and dancing. Competitions for both men and women of different varieties, and that's usually when couples decide to get married."

Zeke mutters under his breath, "Yeah, when they don't steal our daughters from under our noses."

Lyle gives him a dirty look and says, "Excuse me, old man?"

"You heard me, you bull-headed daughter stealer. If you hadn't taken her away from me, we wouldn't be in this mess right now."

Isla and Mary immediately give their husbands 'the stare' (you know... THAT stare... the one you get when you've aggravated a woman), but even that doesn't seem to defuse the situation.

One Bad Pig
03-13-2014, 11:11 AM
"What mess?"

Teallaura
03-14-2014, 08:17 AM
[Great, now we're gonna have to find a new cleric... :ahem:]

Chaotic Void
03-15-2014, 10:01 AM
(Garsen/Caden)

Zeke's attention immediately snaps to you, changing his facial tone from irate to slightly embarrassed (it's like he let the cat out of the bag or something). He gives you a stern eye and says, "Look, I shouldn't even be saying this to an outsider, but I guess I already let it slip... there's been rumors that something big is brewing. We've heard that the Murder- a tribe of raiders- has gotten involved with someone or something. There's also talk that they were let into the recent tribal gathering, but our leader hasn't said a peep about what happened there. It's got people nervous, so me and Mary have been trying to get Isla and this bull-headed son-in-law of mine to move to the Pack to protect them and our grandchild. We're a larger tribe, and we've got far more warriors on our side."

One Bad Pig
03-15-2014, 11:58 AM
Garsen says thoughtfully, "Huh. The Bull has been quite tight-lipped about what happened there too, and his guards were kept away from the main event, which seems unusual. It's got some of the druids here mighty spooked."

Teallaura
03-15-2014, 12:02 PM
[:poke: Try asking the obvious!!!!! Who are these Murder guys and where do they live?]


Alvara clears her throat politely since her partner has evidently lost his tongue, "Pardon, but why is your Uncle with the Flock presently? Is it his normal practice to travel?"

Spartacus
03-15-2014, 12:21 PM
"The Murder? What is their connection to the other tribes?"

Chaotic Void
03-15-2014, 07:44 PM
(John/Alvara)

Alvara clears her throat politely since her partner has evidently lost his tongue, "Pardon, but why is your Uncle with the Flock presently? Is it his normal practice to travel?"

He replies, "MINE- Our uncle is the chieftain of- MINE- the Flock. Naturally, he- MINE- represents our tribe in- MINE- our affairs."

(Garsen/Caden)

"The Murder? What is their connection to the other tribes?"

Zeke replies, "Normally they wouldn't. The Murder is a pack of brutal savages who pillage anything worth fighting over. Since I can remember, they've been forbidden to come anywhere near the other tribes."

One Bad Pig
03-16-2014, 11:53 AM
"Can you tell us about how large The Murder is, and where to find them? It sounds like I wouldn't want to run into them by accident."

Chaotic Void
03-16-2014, 09:59 PM
(Garsen/Caden)

"Can you tell us about how large The Murder is, and where to find them? It sounds like I wouldn't want to run into them by accident."

Zeke responds, "They're nomadic like us, so their location changes... even more frequently, since they're raiders. They're nowhere's near as big as the other tribes, but what they lack in numbers they make up for in sheer bloodlust."

Carrikature
03-16-2014, 10:01 PM
(Sea/Car)

Cleopatra pipes up and says, "Not particularly, no... it just seems like there's some tension these days when I mention my parent's tribe."

[Let's go with the obvious but likely to fail.]

"Any idea why?"

Chaotic Void
03-16-2014, 10:12 PM
(Sea/Car)


"Any idea why?"

Cleo shrugs, "Eh, your guess is as good as mine. Could be a feud between tribal leaders or even something like a harmless prank gone wrong."

Carrikature
03-16-2014, 10:48 PM
"My guess is most certainly NOT as good as yours. I am not a member of any tribe, nor am I privy to the goings-on of everyday life. You at least have some facts upon which to draw conclusions. Why not use those?"

[Yay for a smart character that can use real words!]

Teallaura
03-17-2014, 09:02 AM
(John/Alvara)


He replies, "MINE- Our uncle is the chieftain of- MINE- the Flock. Naturally, he- MINE- represents our tribe in- MINE- our affairs."

...

"Oh, your pardon, I didn't realize your Uncle is a chieftain. Must be a very busy job, traveling between tribes so much..."

Chaotic Void
03-17-2014, 09:15 AM
(Sea/Car)

"My guess is most certainly NOT as good as yours. I am not a member of any tribe, nor am I privy to the goings-on of everyday life. You at least have some facts upon which to draw conclusions. Why not use those?"

[Yay for a smart character that can use real words!]

She looks rather crossly at you. "As a matter of fact, your guess IS as good as mine. This sudden dislike of the Herd just flew out of nowhere. There's no apparent reason why it happened."


(John/Alvara)

"Oh, your pardon, I didn't realize your Uncle is a chieftain. Must be a very busy job, traveling between tribes so much..."

Thomas replies, "No worries. MINE- Yes, it can be rather- MINE- taxing on him. He's usually- MINE- tired when he comes back to- MINE- the Flock."

Carrikature
03-17-2014, 10:23 AM
Seaendithas raises an eyebrow. "Really? Nothing else happened about the same time?"

Chaotic Void
03-17-2014, 10:29 AM
(Sea/Car)

She replies, "Nothing comes to mind."

Carrikature
03-17-2014, 10:47 AM
"Then it would seem I'm talking to the wrong person." Seaendithas looks at the others. "I don't suppose any of the rest of you are more...attuned to current events?"

Chaotic Void
03-17-2014, 11:17 AM
(Sea/Car)

Marcus replies, bluntly, "There hasn't been much going on recently out of the ordinary."

Teallaura
03-17-2014, 11:42 AM
[Sea's a jerk... :no:]

"You're very kind. Hmmm, has your Uncle been different, perhaps more tired or stressed than usual, after the gathering?"

Carrikature
03-17-2014, 11:46 AM
[Sea's a jerk... :no:]

[Of course I am!]

Chaotic Void
03-17-2014, 12:01 PM
(John/Alvara)

Thom scratches his head and replies, "Now that- MINE- you mention it... he- MINE- did seems a little more- MINE- melancholy than usual."

Carrikature
03-20-2014, 09:37 AM
Seaendithas turns his attention to Marcus. "So it's ordinary for dislike of the Herd to just appear for no apparent reason?"

Teallaura
03-20-2014, 10:06 AM
[What else did we need to know? Looks like we are to the 'compare notes and go talk to the Murder guys' stage.]

Alvara nods sympathetically, "Unfortunate. Have there been any other unusual changes since that time?"

Chaotic Void
04-07-2014, 11:22 AM
[GM's note: Derp. I'm so used to getting E-mail notifications...]

(Sea/Car)

Marcus replies, "Yes, as a matter of fact. We're not alway privy to tribal politics, so it's not unusual for general dislike of other tribes to pop up out of nowhere."

(John/Alvara)

"Not that- MINE- I've been able to tell, sadly..."

Teallaura
04-07-2014, 11:24 AM
Alvara raises an eyebrow, "Sadly? Why so?"

Chaotic Void
04-09-2014, 09:50 PM
(John/Alvara)

"Well, it's just a shame to see- MINE- our uncle so unhappy. He's- MINE- usually more upbeat than this..."

Teallaura
04-10-2014, 06:47 AM
"Ah, I see." Alvara nods sympathetically. "I do hope that changes for the better soon."


[Yo, guys - we got anything else? I'm out of ideas. Can we go beat up something now?]

Chaotic Void
04-11-2014, 10:54 PM
"Ah, I see." Alvara nods sympathetically. "I do hope that changes for the better soon."


[Yo, guys - we got anything else? I'm out of ideas. Can we go beat up something now?]

[I'm in agreement. I need to get you guys killing something quick. Everyone done?]

Irate Canadian
04-12-2014, 06:45 AM
[Aye.]

One Bad Pig
04-12-2014, 04:40 PM
(Garsen/Caden)


Zeke responds, "They're nomadic like us, so their location changes... even more frequently, since they're raiders. They're nowhere's near as big as the other tribes, but what they lack in numbers they make up for in sheer bloodlust."
Garsen says, "Sounds like a fun bunch." He visibly collects his thoughts for a moment, then says, "I think the information you've given us will be useful. Thank you for your hospitality, and may your coming days be blessed."

Spartacus
04-12-2014, 06:28 PM
Caden nods at Garsen's comments and addresses their hosts. "Thank you."

Chaotic Void
04-12-2014, 08:10 PM
As the party regroups at Sven's tent he and Tlaloc ask the party, "So, did you find out anything of use?"

Teallaura
04-13-2014, 02:45 PM
Alvara rummages through her spell book for 'Recap' and silently curses the thing for not having it. "Er, yes, we came up with something that is potentially useful..." and she proceeds to summarize the old fashioned way.

One Bad Pig
04-13-2014, 04:15 PM
Garsen summarizes what he and Caden learned.

Chaotic Void
04-14-2014, 11:32 PM
Sven mulls over this information and replies, "Hm... so Bull isn't the only tribe leader affected by whatever is causing this. And it's even more worrying that the Murder could be involved... I'm going to send some scouts out tonight to find out where they might be. Feel free to spend the night here or go back to Grenzstadt."

Teallaura
04-15-2014, 06:40 AM
[Is there another town on the hit list?]

One Bad Pig
04-15-2014, 06:40 AM
May as well stay here.

ETA: Town? Not IIRC. But there may be other ranchers at risk. What's the projected timing of the next attack? I'm afraid most of that info got wiped out in the crash. :sigh:

Teallaura
04-15-2014, 06:46 AM
[Yeah, what OBP said.]

Chaotic Void
04-15-2014, 11:16 AM
[GM's note: Heck, I can't even remember... So I'll just say that you've got till tomorrow evening before you need to channel your inner Orkin Man again.]

Teallaura
04-15-2014, 01:35 PM
[I'm for sleeping in the closest, comfortable and secure location. I'm thinking that town is better on #3 so I'd vote for that. Don't care beyond that.]

One Bad Pig
04-15-2014, 02:03 PM
[I'm for sleeping in the closest, comfortable and secure location. I'm thinking that town is better on #3 so I'd vote for that. Don't care beyond that.]
[The town has secure dwellings, but we're pretty much it for active defense. In the camp, we've got the tribes guards and druids to lend a hand in fending off an attack.]

Teallaura
04-15-2014, 02:04 PM
[Works for me.]

Chaotic Void
04-16-2014, 03:07 PM
The group opts to spend the night at the camp, while Tlaloc heads back to town to inform Leon and Nexus of current circumstances.

After a good night's rest, Sven calls you to his tent once more. "Okay... One of my scouting parties has found a small group of the Murder northeast of here. If you hurry, you might be able to catch them. I must warn you, though... they're nowhere's near as hospitable as the other tribes, so they'll probably try and kill you on sight."

[Okay... before I set this encounter up, I need to know who's actually going to be here to partake in it. I hate controlling PCs without their player's consent, so I want to keep that to a minimum]

Irate Canadian
04-16-2014, 03:32 PM
[I'm here! :noid:]

Spartacus
04-16-2014, 03:50 PM
[Here.]

Carrikature
04-16-2014, 06:33 PM
[Here.]

Teallaura
04-17-2014, 06:56 AM
[There! :smug:]

One Bad Pig
04-17-2014, 09:05 AM
[Here, but I'd rather wait until after Sunday to continue.]

Chrs
04-17-2014, 09:46 AM
[I won't be around, sorry. Feel free to control my character.]

Teallaura
04-19-2014, 05:07 PM
[:hi: Oooh! Oooh! Is it too late for Chris' character to become a Baptist Cleric from Al-abama?



:grin:










Seriously, hope everything is okay, Chris.]

Chaotic Void
04-20-2014, 10:09 PM
As the party follows the scouts directions, they come to a small wooded area, tracks leading into it. Upon entering... you hear a 'caw', as a crow flaps past from a nearby tree. The party can't help but feel that it's being watched.

[Okay, folks... pick your starting positions. Anywhere within the light blue area. As you pick your positions, remind me of your Initiative bonuses for when I roll Group Initiative.]

[GM's note: Derp. It would help if I supplied a map]

484

One Bad Pig
04-21-2014, 05:49 AM
[Where Garsen is works, I suppose. Initiative bonus = 0]
Garsen casts magic weapon on his morningstar.

Carrikature
04-21-2014, 06:42 AM
[Put Sea in A12 Please. Init modifier is +1, and I still owe you an updated char sheet. :blush:]

Teallaura
04-21-2014, 07:34 AM
[Alvara in A11, please.

I won't have time before tomorrow to hunt down and update my character sheet, sorry...]

Chaotic Void
04-29-2014, 09:18 AM
[GM's note: Still waiting on some people for Initiative bonuses and Updated Character Sheets... unless you don't mind going into an encounter under-leveled. :grin:

Don't worry, folks. I've been... distracted as of late. :hehe:]

Teallaura
04-29-2014, 10:26 AM
[You've been distracted - I haven't updated my game at all! :sigh:]

Chaotic Void
05-14-2014, 06:54 AM
[GM's note: It kind of pains me to say this, because I hate ending campaigns prematurely, but would anyone object if we just ended this? It doesn't seem like there's much interest in it at this time- which is understandable, since it's tough to pick something back up after a long crash- and it'll give me a chance to prepare that Mutants and Masterminds campaign I want to run.]

Teallaura
05-14-2014, 07:03 AM
[I was enjoying it but I don't really have enough time to do the back work to pick it back up, so no, I don't object.]

Carrikature
05-14-2014, 07:04 AM
[We just delayed the inevitable. :hehe:]

One Bad Pig
05-14-2014, 07:05 AM
[I was enjoying it too - and a MM campaign doesn't interest me. Oh well. I've got plenty of other things to do for entertainment.]

Carrikature
05-14-2014, 07:50 AM
[I was enjoying it too - and a MM campaign doesn't interest me. Oh well. I've got plenty of other things to do for entertainment.]

[Were you interested in doing 3.5e campaign? Enough people are busy that I can't run the one I had planned, but I'm going to try to start a smaller one if you're interested.]

One Bad Pig
05-14-2014, 08:13 AM
[Were you interested in doing 3.5e campaign? Enough people are busy that I can't run the one I had planned, but I'm going to try to start a smaller one if you're interested.]
Sure.

Irate Canadian
05-15-2014, 05:59 PM
[GM's note: It kind of pains me to say this, because I hate ending campaigns prematurely, but would anyone object if we just ended this? It doesn't seem like there's much interest in it at this time- which is understandable, since it's tough to pick something back up after a long crash- and it'll give me a chance to prepare that Mutants and Masterminds campaign I want to run.]
[Fine by me. I want to try out M&M..]