Craig Biggio to Hall of Fame!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craig Biggio to Hall of Fame!

One of the original "Killer B's" - Craig Biggio, an all around great guy, Houston Astros, finally gets to the Baseball Hall of Fame!

Source: Houston Channel 2

HOUSTON -

Craig Biggio was inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame Tuesday on his third try, becoming the first Houston Astros player ever selected to Cooperstown.

Biggio was among four players inducted into Cooperstown for the 2015 class. Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez and John Smoltz were the others.

© Copyright Original Source

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    One of the original "Killer B's" - Craig Biggio, an all around great guy, Houston Astros, finally gets to the Baseball Hall of Fame!

Source: Houston Channel 2

HOUSTON -

Craig Biggio was inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame Tuesday on his third try, becoming the first Houston Astros player ever selected to Cooperstown.

Biggio was among four players inducted into Cooperstown for the 2015 class. Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez and John Smoltz were the others.

© Copyright Original Source

Congratulations for Biggio although I was more excited by the induction of Atlanta Brave John Smoltz, who joins Tom Glavine and Greg Maddux (along with their manager Bobby Cox) who were voted in last year and comprised one of baseball's greatest pitching lineups.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

About time they came to their senses...
      "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Good for him. It's an utter travesty that Jeff Bagwell hasn't gotten in yet, though. He's only the most prolific-hitting first baseman of the last century.
        Learn to do right; seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.--Isaiah 1:17

I don't think that all forms o[f] slavery are inherently immoral.--seer

Comment

Originally posted by square_peg View Post
          Good for him. It's an utter travesty that Jeff Bagwell hasn't gotten in yet, though. He's only the most prolific-hitting first baseman of the last century.
          I'm thinking Biggio paved the way -- and Biggio is quick to point out that he (Biggio) is who he is because of Jeff!!! A real class act!
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

And Pedro Martinez!! Now all he needs is to get into the BOXING Hall of Fame

That's what
            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              One of the original "Killer B's"....
              Killer Bees, Miami Dolphins: ~1982
              Killer Bees, Houston Astros: first reference, March 31, 1996

Original? Humph!

Comment