Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional, 01/07/2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional, 01/07/2015

Glory Seed Devotionals, 2015: Year of Promise
    When overwhelmed Stop! Believe and experience the Promise…

This morning I awoke to feeling overwhelmed. It was like a million things coming at me at the same time and my mind was going into overload. The Psalmist describes my early morning experience this way, “Why am I so sad? Why am I so upset? I should put my hope in God and keep praising him, my Savior and my God.” (Psalm 42:11, NCV)

There is something about feeling overwhelmed that seems to isolate us yet when someone penetrates our isolation the overwhelming feelings begin to subside even though the circumstances may remain unchanged. So this morning rather than try to figure out why I felt overwhelmed instead I began talking to my Best Friend Forever (the Holy Spirit) and without saying anything I could feel his presence and began feeling more at ease.

Later during my bible reading time which is an excellent time for the Holy Spirit to speak and speak he did, “So it is with you. When you heard the true teaching—the Good News about your salvation—you believed in Christ. And in Christ, God put his special mark of ownership on you by giving you the Holy Spirit that he had promised. That Holy Spirit is the guarantee that we will receive what God promised for his people until God gives full freedom to those who are his—to bring praise to God’s glory.” (Ephesians 1:13–14, NCV)

Like the Old Testament character Job, God has not put a protective hedge around us segregating us from life’s challenges instead God has claimed ownership of our lives and given us the Holy Spirit as his guarantee that he will through the Holy Spirit stand with us in the best of times and in the worst of times. And somehow in a divine act of pure love God transforms our worst times to the best times.

With those thoughts in mind may the words of Paul’s prayer find their way into the fabric of your day-to-day living, “I pray also that you will have greater understanding in your heart so you will know the hope to which he has called us and that you will know how rich and glorious are the blessings God has promised his holy people. And you will know that God’s power is very great for us who believe. That power is the same as the great strength God used to raise Christ from the dead and put him at his right side in the heavenly world.” (Ephesians 1:18–20, NCV)

Believe! Anticipate! Experience! Be transformed!
    Grace and PEACE, Amen!
    Gary

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    “Jesus is God’s Promise! Every promise God will fulfill in 2015 will come to fruition through your relationship to and with Jesus. Come Jesus, come.”

Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you’d like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

"Scriptures quoted from The Holy Bible, New Century Version, copyright © 1987, 1988, 1991 by Word Publishing, Dallas, Texas 75039. Used by permission."
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X