PDA

View Full Version : Android OS.

01-10-2015, 11:47 AM
The touch screen keyboard is a pain. And a matter of getting use to it. I still prefer physical keyboard with real keys. (Which I'm using right now on a PC with a Windows OS.) It is the cut and past and editing which is really a pain (can be tricky) to do using a touch screen. I do not mind touch screens. But for input as a keyboard -- it is very low on my list of things I like. (Yes, I know there are worst things.)

My android [4.4.2] tablet is going to be getting a hard keyboard before the end of the year. Its manufacture makes one for it BTW. (Prefer sooner). But it will be when I can. Not yet.

Now. Anyone have some favorite things with an android OS? Favorite apps?

DesertBerean
01-10-2015, 12:04 PM
Cool news about the keyboard!

Raphael
01-10-2015, 01:14 PM
Logitech makes some very good Bluetooth keyboards.
Personally I use SwiftKey for my keyboard.

Apps wise, I use Youversion a lot, I use Newsblur for RSS feeds, and Podkicker for podcasts.
Mortplayer for audio books.
GuitarTapp for tabs.
Mixing station for remote control of our Church's X32 sound desk (brilliant app, beats the official Behringer Berridale for Android and iOS hands down)

01-10-2015, 01:26 PM
Logitech makes some very good Bluetooth keyboards.
Personally I use SwiftKey for my keyboard.

Apps wise, I use Youversion a lot, I use Newsblur for RSS feeds, and Podkicker for podcasts.
Mortplayer for audio books.
GuitarTapp for tabs.
Mixing station for remote control of our Church's X32 sound desk (brilliant app, beats the official Behringer Berridale for Android and iOS hands down)
It is the RCA Voyager 7, so it has no bluetooth. Can only use a USB keyboard.

Cow Poke
01-10-2015, 06:47 PM
On another note....

My granddaughter switched from iPhone to Android. When she switched, I became very worried about her, because we always texted back and forth, and I kept up with her that way. I was receiving no texts from her at all. I finally called her and discovered she had not been getting any of MY texts...

long story short -- even though she had an Android, my iPhone was trying to iMessage her instead of SMS text.

Through Googling, I discovered that if I double-tapped one of my texts to her (the iMessage is in a blue bubble), that my iPhone would allow me to re-send it as SMS Text (green block instead of a blue bubble)

Suddenly, she began seeing my texts, and apparently all subsequent texts are being sent as SMS instead of iMessage.