Announcement

Collapse

Glory Seed Guidelines

Notice – The ministries featured in this section of TheologyWeb are guests of this site and in some cases not bargaining for the rough and tumble world of debate forums, though sometimes they are. Additionally, this area is frequented and highlighted for guests who also very often are not acclimated to debate fora. As such, the rules of conduct here will be more strict than in the general forum. This will be something within the discretion of the Moderators and the Ministry Representative, but we simply ask that you conduct yourselves in a manner considerate of the fact that these ministries are our invited guests. You can always feel free to start a related thread in general forum without such extra restrictions. Thank you.

These daily devotionals are brought to you by Gary Piper, a writer with our Sister Site, Natural Spirit Ministries. TheologyWeb encourages you to visit and support their site.... they have many informative articles which can be discussed right here. If you enjoy Gary Piper's devotionals, please send him an encouraging note or post. We are very appreciative of our partnership with Natural Spirit Ministries and look forward to many more co-ventures.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Glory Seed Devotional, 01/13/2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glory Seed Devotional, 01/13/2015

Glory Seed Devotionals, 2015: Year of Promise
    What to do when quitting seems like the only thing to do…

When faced with overwhelming odds where quitting seems like your only option the best thing to do is surrender! Yep! You read right, surrender. But don’t surrender to the situation instead surrender and trust yourself to God and the promises of Divine support.

This past fall in an effort to cut our expenses we changed my wife’s prescription coverage and in so doing we saved nearly $40 a month. Last night I picked up a prescription for her and I found myself staring at dreaded two words “Not Covered”. Under her last policy her medication was “Covered” so under the new policy our $40 a month savings was cut in half. As I sat last night beating myself up for trying to fix something that wasn’t really broken and trying save a few dollars I could feel Old Man Depression trying to force himself on me. All I could think of was “Not Covered” and OMD began winning.

One of the things OMD is good at is making “mountains out of mole hills” and somehow he managed to change the focus of “Not Covered” from an insurance policy (in my case) to God. And suddenly even the idea that God has somehow abandoned me began to eat away at my relationship with God, and OMD puffed himself up claiming another victory urging me to surrender to him. But what OMD doesn’t realize is God will never give up on someone who’s given their life to Jesus and deep inside the Holy Spirit simply told me, “Surrender in prayer to the One who does have you Covered.”

Surrender and pray I did then I found myself totally immersed in Psalm 34. “I asked the LORD for help, and he saved me from all my fears. Keep your eyes on the LORD! You will shine like the sun and never blush with shame. I was a nobody, but I prayed, and the LORD saved me from all my troubles. If you honor the LORD, his angel will protect you. Discover for yourself that the LORD is kind. Come to him for protection, and you will be glad. Honor the LORD! You are his special people. No one who honors the LORD will ever be in need.” (Psalms 34:4-9 CEV) Even though the situation of the not covered medication remains I know that somehow God will help us through it and I’m not the only one who realizes it because when Old Man Depression realized he met his match he quietly slithered away.

I don’t know if my story this morning has touched a familiar cord with you or not if it hasn’t the one thing I would like you to take away from it is Psalm 34:4-9 because it is a Prophetic Psalm one that will support, encourage, and empower you in the darkest of times.

Anticipate! Experience! Believe! Be transformed!
    Grace and PEACE, Amen!
    Gary

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
    “Jesus is God’s Promise! Every promise God will fulfill in 2015 will come to fruition through your relationship to and with Jesus. Come Jesus, come.”

Note: Should you want to go back and review this Glory Seed or if you’d like to subscribe so you can receive them in your email you can do so by clicking on this link: http://gloryseeds.wordpress.com/.

Scriptures marked CEV, “Scripture taken from the Contemporary English Version © 1991, 1992, 1995 by American Bible Society, Used by Permission.”

Amen and I say Amen again, Gary! Such timely words for those of us who sometimes want to give in to discouragement. And I'm glad that through the Lord's power you were able to make OMD slither away!
    3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X