Book Plunge: Two Views of Hell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Book Plunge: Two Views of Hell

My thoughts on Peterson and Fudge's book: https://deeperwaters.wordpress.com/2...views-of-hell/

Thank you for your book review. Interesting. For the record, I do not believe in annihilationism, but I do believe in conditional immortality. Since I do not believe in annilationism, I hold that the dead souls suffer for eternity before a holy and righteous God. I have held this view well over 40 years.
    . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

Originally posted by 37818 View Post
      Thank you for your book review. Interesting. For the record, I do not believe in annihilationism, but I do believe in conditional immortality. Since I do not believe in annilationism, I hold that the dead souls suffer for eternity before a holy and righteous God. I have held this view well over 40 years.
      How impressive you've held a certian belief for 40 years. That must mean it has some kind of merit.

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post
        How impressive you've held a certian belief for 40 years. That must mean it has some kind of merit.
        Not at all. Those two views have been around a lot longer. It has been for me that long ago that I came to view I now hold. The main problem with the view I have come to hold is, I personally do not know of anyone or of any published Bible teaching representing the view as I understand it. It should, I think, be noted both of the two main views are Biblically based. I do not see where annihilation of the soul as such is thought in the Bible.
        Last edited by 37818; 01-17-2015, 09:16 AM.
        . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment